PDA

View Full Version : Glooming Deep and Arena issues HELP!

kilrathi1
11-13-2009, 01:21 AM
I recently ran across the awsome that is Project 1999, I have SoF and did all of the instructions to the T, I have old school spell gems. loading screen and all the other goodies... But when i make a new character it tries to load me into Gloomingdeep mines. Then it disconnects me to login, after i log back into the new character i start in the respective starting town (Halas) now... when i die i get disconnected. When i log back in my character selection says unknown zone, so i try to log in and i get kicked once again. After that I log back into char selection and the character is in the Arena.

Happens everytime with out fail... I havent tried to start a different char as I want to make a darn Barb Shimmy Sham, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Any help would be wonderful as I love the hell out of EQ Classic!!

Padishar Creel, ranger Lany T'Vyl
Darodory, monk Lany T'Vyl
Tanilie, enchanter Lanys T'Vyl

stormlord
11-13-2009, 03:58 AM
I recently ran across the awsome that is Project 1999, I have SoF and did all of the instructions to the T, I have old school spell gems. loading screen and all the other goodies... But when i make a new character it tries to load me into Gloomingdeep mines. Then it disconnects me to login, after i log back into the new character i start in the respective starting town (Halas) now... when i die i get disconnected. When i log back in my character selection says unknown zone, so i try to log in and i get kicked once again. After that I log back into char selection and the character is in the Arena.

Happens everytime with out fail... I havent tried to start a different char as I want to make a darn Barb Shimmy Sham, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Any help would be wonderful as I love the hell out of EQ Classic!!

Padishar Creel, ranger Lany T'Vyl
Darodory, monk Lany T'Vyl
Tanilie, enchanter Lanys T'Vyl

Go here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27600&highlight=secrets+faydwer

5. Disconnect on Death - When dying in the zone you are bound in, SoF waits for the respawn window, and since it never comes, it disconnects you.

As for the gloomingdeep mines problem, here's a link:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27088&highlight=gloomingdeep+mines

I'm not sure if that will help any. If SOF could only start you in gloomingdeep, there should be other complaints like this. You can't be the only one.

I've also heard of problems zoning into OOT with SOF.

All of this and more is why I'm learning towards titanium now.

I have no doubt that eqemulator.net will eventually resolve these problems, but i'm not sure if we'll ever enjoy the fixes at project1999.

I encourage you to keep using SOF and to make a bug list and to contribute this to eqemulator.net and this site as well. This will help future and past users of SOF to negoitate the minefield of bugs, and to one day get them fixed.

Yoite
11-13-2009, 11:49 AM
if you dont de-select tutorial when you create your toon, he will spawn in glooming deep. The server will then try to put you in your home city. But your bound in glooming deep, so each time you die, your client tries to spawn you there, but the server says no.

Just change your bind, get someone to bind you in Halas or Qeynos.

guineapig
11-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I can confirm that when I finally switched to the Titanium client all the problems you mentioned were resolved. I tried my best to work around it with SoF but it's not worth the effort.

The only thing I really miss is not having the Luclin models (I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying that).

Takshaka
11-13-2009, 12:54 PM
The only thing I really miss is not having the Luclin models (I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying that).

I am pretty sure you can use the Luclin models if you want with Titanium, you just may need to select them in options.

guineapig
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
I have them all selected but it doesn't seem to change anything. Maybe I'm overlooking something? If I find out that my high elf isn't a redhead with a topknot I'm gonna be super pissed!!!

kilrathi1
11-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Thank you all for the help and links to resolve my issues i appreciate it! I luckily enough have found my older Titanium disks and am now beginning the fresh install so that i wont have to work around all the problems!

See you in Game my friends!!! =D

stormlord
11-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Thank you all for the help and links to resolve my issues i appreciate it! I luckily enough have found my older Titanium disks and am now beginning the fresh install so that i wont have to work around all the problems!

See you in Game my friends!!! =D

WTG!