PDA

View Full Version : Petition to add member cap to guilds

mostbitter
08-22-2012, 01:38 AM
We had this same problem on the VZ/TZ server. One mega guild formed and griefed any potential competitors off of the box. The solution was to put a cap of 40 members per guild. The result was the box had ample pvp and a community that would still be playing and growing today had extenuating circumstances not occurred.

Here we are today with the same problem on red 99. One massive mega guild that dwarfs all competitors, forcing them to fail and then absorbing their left over players who stuck around after everyone else realized how hopeless the situation was.

I think this would be an incredible thing for this server, it would promote diversity and encourage more pvp encounters.

With the other changes which have occurred recently I think this needs to get put on the list.

JenJen
08-22-2012, 01:56 AM
an alliance of the goodies vs the baddies is what is needed!

mostbitter
08-22-2012, 02:01 AM
allied and the same guild are not the same thing, it did happen on vz/tz and my dick shoots pure gold

Smedy
08-22-2012, 03:29 AM
We had zerg guild issues on VZTZ at some points in time to. Capping the guild size only ended up with people creating different guilds and simply "not attacking" these other guilds.

Everyone use voice communication now days for communication so GC isn't really a thing that's needed.

This won't solve the core issue. The only way to properly do this is to have GM's policing how many people are playing together, and you hear how stupid that sounds, it would never work.

There's way to beating the zerg, if you manage to cut the zergs flow of loots for only a week, it usually falls apart from within.

Dullah
08-22-2012, 03:44 AM
Would be a good feature.

We anticipated less members returning, and more new players on the server. Rectifying the situation. Expect more free agents.

heartbrand
08-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Would be a good feature.

We anticipated less members returning, and more new players on the server. Rectifying the situation. Expect more free agents.

I hate to say I told you so but ummm..... I told you so.

Supreme
08-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Wtf is this bullshit.

You asshats are crying about a guild that has an active member base..

I guarantee if you cry babies were in a Holocaust guild with a 40 man active roster you would not say jackshit.

heartbrand
08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Actually despite many issues with loz that at least for me made it unplayable, one of the positives there was the server "self-policed" itself to make sure one guild didn't get too big. In CNP people would want to join and in vent I'd hear "we'd kill the server if we added player x it would just get dumb." Holocaust and FF also did not zerg invite here, that's the main reason they lost, they did not want to just invite any breathing body <caugh> rikimeru eximo sassy advisor rhotic etc etc, but instead wanted a smaller tight knit group o skilled players so the sever wouldn't get dumb.

When I tried hard to make a holocaust FF merge the one theme I heard more than any other was that it would make the server stupid because after a week of denying loots to the many blue outcasts in nihilum they would quit the server and the pop would die.

hijinks
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Actually despite many issues with loz that at least for me made it unplayable, one of the positives there was the server "self-policed" itself to make sure one guild didn't get too big. In CNP people would want to join and in vent I'd hear "we'd kill the server if we added player x it would just get dumb." Holocaust and FF also did not zerg invite here, that's the main reason they lost, they did not want to just invite any breathing body <caugh> rikimeru eximo sassy advisor rhotic etc etc, but instead wanted a smaller tight knit group o skilled players so the sever wouldn't get dumb.

When I tried hard to make a holocaust FF merge the one theme I heard more than any other was that it would make the server stupid because after a week of denying loots to the many blue outcasts in nihilum they would quit the server and the pop would die.

I agree with you on a lot of points HB, but on this one I have to disagree. Holocaust mass recruited towards the end of their stay here on Red99, and at times had more than even Nihilum online depending on the time of the day. It was too little too late.

I really don't understand it, it appears to me that if 120 people are online and 30 of them are nihilum, wtf are the other 90 people doing? Is there really not one capable person skilled enough and have enough leadership to create a real threat or opposing force? I still think FF had the best shot at it, and it saddens me to see them still playing that LoZ box when the population is maybe 40 single players at best.

heartbrand
08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Here's a typical "let's merge/ally vs nihilum" conversation.

Me: We should merge or ally, we could get phat l3wtz and have fun PVP vs nihilum.

Typical_Small_Guild_Leader: I don't like player X in your guild.

Me: Hmm... I'm sure we could hammer that issue out if it hinges on it.

Typical_Small_Guild_Leader: We want loot to be done X and we want a lot of it.

Me: Umm ok...

Typical_Small_Guild_Leader: We also don't like Player Y either, do something about him too.

Me: Right...

Typical_Small_Guild_Leader: Player Z... ya forgot to mention him he's a big issue too.

Me: Ok...

Typical_Small_Guild_Leader: And we're just doing this for X weeks because we are a small group of friends, not looking for anything big we can do stuff on our own soon.

Me: Wow ok quite a list of demands I think we can work through it though.

Typical_Small_Guild_Leader: Actually nevermind we're not interested thanks though.

Palemoon
08-22-2012, 11:10 AM
people would want to join and in vent I'd hear "we'd kill the server if we added player x it would just get dumb."

answer:

We are. Rectifying the situation. Expect more free agents.

italic added by me

To the OP: Will not happen, this problem is for us the players to fix at this point. We really are the only ones with the power to fix it anyways.

To the rest of the server: If you think Nihilum wants to destroy all competition you are sadly mistaken. We want the server to be a fun pvp server more then anyone and are shifting some things in light of the new reality we are seeing post Kunark.

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah let's roll up on a server with 80 players and complain about a 40 man guild.

Seriously?

That's a perfectly fine raid force for classic in my experience.

The issue is the total population not their members.

And yes, Nihilum had some absolutely clueless Everquest players in it, aside from the PvP stand point. Here's to enjoying cutting some of those people because I'm sure you were tired of dragging them along.

Did Hughman come back? Lul.

Supreme
08-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Merging/Ally is taking the easy way out and it is never permenant.

Create a guild, give it a name that isnt an embarassment, set your recruiting level low (level 30 should be good enough to start), dont PL or give away free items. Show up to help with PVP when they are in a jam. Be consistent and be a role-model for others while treating everyone with respect.

You do that people will naturally gravitate towards you. All those small groups of friends will apply to join you instead of you asking them to merge. Be patient and work at it.

Right now would be PERFECT. Nihilum will not be wasting raid nights clearing fear/hate or CT/Innoruuk with Kunark out. Get on with doing some raids in those zones to get gear for newer players.

It is there for the taking..just have to step up.

***on another note i always liked Heartbrand. He is so aggrevated about Nihilum that he has lost his sensibilities. But Heartbrand does have the ability and desire to lead a guild IF he can just get his head on straight and stop letting the petty drama rule his life.***

Sadtimesjpg
08-22-2012, 06:11 PM
rabble rabble

http://04.images.fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/haha_oh_wow.jpg

Sadtimesjpg
08-22-2012, 06:14 PM
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/thumb/0/0f/Hahahaohwowclone.jpg/615px-Hahahaohwowclone.jpg

Mornin3.0
08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Merging/Ally is taking the easy way out and it is never permenant.

Create a guild, give it a name that isnt an embarassment, set your recruiting level low (level 30 should be good enough to start), dont PL or give away free items. Show up to help with PVP when they are in a jam. Be consistent and be a role-model for others while treating everyone with respect.

You do that people will naturally gravitate towards you. All those small groups of friends will apply to join you instead of you asking them to merge. Be patient and work at it.

Right now would be PERFECT. Nihilum will not be wasting raid nights clearing fear/hate or CT/Innoruuk with Kunark out. Get on with doing some raids in those zones to get gear for newer players.

It is there for the taking..just have to step up.

***on another note i always liked Heartbrand. He is so aggrevated about Nihilum that he has lost his sensibilities. But Heartbrand does have the ability and desire to lead a guild IF he can just get his head on straight and stop letting the petty drama rule his life.***

everything you says blows my mind of how retarded it is... if only i cared enough to rebuttal every point and set you straight.. instead ill just call you a mexicant... mexicant.

Maybach 2.0
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
i lol'd ^.

Supreme, again. Shut the fuck up, honestly? You're not the Tim Tebow of Pixelbox.

Explain to me what raid is out in current content that you need 60+ players to do. Kinda pathetic that people had to start quitting the server before Walmart decided to do something about it's members. Because last night in /ooc it was "we're winning, everyones jealous. be like us, do what we did and you can win to!"

No one wants to do what you do. We log on to have fun, and PvE enough to stand a chance when we go PvP. You admitted you came to this server because there was 0 competition, "it's drama free" lol its not supposed to be, supposed to be lots of drama, and fighting, and chaos, and trains, and QQs, and /petition threats, and /ooc shittalk, and screenshot threads and fraps videos.. but at the end of the day it's what we signed up for playing here. You've taken every measure to suppress, and prevent any of that with how you and mgmt handle your guild.

Won't even discuss why a casual player here will never see lvl 20, that's entirely the servers fault. Rolled a lil wizzy and have been hanging around CB leveling etc.. Monday night i grouped with 2 people who rolled there that night, and quit that night, because the XP sucks still, and considering youre likely going to be soloing until you can find Unrest / MM groups with twinks, not a lot of reason to put in work. Because they're new, they dont know theyll have a pop base to jump into 20+, and as usual the box pop is so cliquey. VV gets TROLLOLOLOLOLOLED for accepting anyone, but what the fuck, sorry for giving noobs a chance, a GC to read, and a few people to help them out when they need it? Instead of being called a faggot by Casey in /ooc when they ask for help on a CR

heartbrand
08-22-2012, 07:22 PM
I will say this. The bond that holds players together in the pursuit of pixels is much stronger than the bond that holds them together for PVP and people would do well to realize that. You can love PVP and pursue it while still raiding and gathering pixels. Abandoning the almighty pixel as a guild motto / belief is a huge mistake, and has put nihilum in the position of dominance that they are in today.

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Dragons stuck in ceilings and something else I can't talk about did that HB.

The ones with "skill" would be largely banned if it wasn't for a certain someone.

Mornin3.0
08-22-2012, 07:38 PM
[51 Reaver] Knight Wins (Iksar) < Flawless Victory > (leader)
[56 Luminary] Krayze Defiler (iksar) < Flawless Victory >
[52 Elementalist] Krayzemage Da'General (Gnome) < Flawless Victory
[53 Vicar] Wildar Dabeast (Dwarf) < Flawless Victory >

calling someone else a loser... laughable...

Kevynne
08-22-2012, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=Supreme;712180]Merging/Ally is taking the easy way out and it is never permenant.

k. thts bs. Maelstrom was one of the few guilds that gave away free times and pls to its members and there groups; getting more members. we only fell apart once tmo decided LOLOL WERE GOING TO TRAIN YOU AND TAKE YO RAID OVA. So, to save our tight group of 30-50players from zergfest and ashole-itis.. we merged with another guild. and so its name isnt dragged through the mud, it will not be stated.

bamzal
08-22-2012, 11:58 PM
This thread full of mad

Muaar
08-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Flowers of Happiness? Can't you just let us have our fun?

Wanders
08-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Why hasn't someone put a leash on Fourth Meal yet? This was standard policy before but when everyone left for LOZ did the moron posting from a Nihilum tag rule get removed? It used to be just Troriste who could make the guild look bad on the forums, now it seems everyone has that privilege.