PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Is my monk bugged?

Aksiom2k
08-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I just dinged level 20 and was psyched to have my damage cap increased.

Up until now, my special skills have only ever done 14 pts of damage. (Though I remember them doing more damage when I was a younger monk.) This includes, Tiger Claw, Round Kick and Kick. All of my skills were capped at 100 being level 19.

I eagerly equipped my Baton of Faith (30/40 which up until level 20 had done a max damage of 28 per swing) and bam! hit a mob for 60. Well, I was thrilled to see the damage cap raised so i tried bashing on a few more things using my skills. However, still the maximum hit for any of my skills is 14. Discouraged I went to the trainer and trained Eagle Strike, automatically putting 20 skill points in. I then tested it on gnolls and putrid skeletons in and around Qeynos and still Eagle Strike and all of the rest of my combat skills never hit for more than 14.

This monk is an alt for me so I don't play him all that often. He was made December 30th, 2010. I know there have been some changes to monks since that time but I definitely remember Tiger Claw hitting for more than 14.

Is this a bug? Can it be fixed?

Aksiom2k
09-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Bump, any insight into this problem?

Raavak
09-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Double-check that you are using Eagle Strike and not one of your other skills.

Aksiom2k
09-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I am definitely using Eagle Strike and it hits for 14 just as all the other do. Someone told me that none of the skills hit hard till level 30, is that true?