PDA

View Full Version : 60% Into level 51 after 5 hours of KC grouping

Amesplayerofgames
08-21-2012, 01:42 PM
But yet i see Salt and some other Nihlium playboys who are level 55/56 after three days of kunark being out. Good thing they are not total low lives and consider this game an extension of their real lives or anything like that.

ho ho ho

Amesplayerofgames
08-21-2012, 01:42 PM
is this real life?

Diggles
08-21-2012, 01:44 PM
ames you want your twink gear back??????

Nirgon
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Good thing there's probably no sploits.

jdklaw
08-21-2012, 02:28 PM
go xp in city of mist, there u can find the peeveepees and best xp

Lucky
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
conifrmed exploits

Knuckle
08-21-2012, 05:03 PM
conifrmed exploits

Mornin3.0
08-21-2012, 05:37 PM
if your level 52 on red99 you have no in real life to go back to.. might as well grind 60

Loli Pops
08-21-2012, 07:28 PM
mad

Lazortag
08-21-2012, 07:53 PM
They're probably aoe grouping, or exping in zones that don't have insanely high mob hp (like howling stones).

Nirgon
08-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Or exploiting pathing somewhere

Dullah
08-22-2012, 12:44 AM
so mad

heartbrand
08-22-2012, 12:53 AM
^ so bad

Cwall
08-22-2012, 01:23 AM
dullah is on my ignore list
heartbrand is a greedy jew faggot
server population is on the decline

everything seems to be in order here

karsten
08-22-2012, 08:02 AM
what? dude everyone knows HB isn't gay

jdklaw
08-22-2012, 02:54 PM
LOL

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 03:01 PM
So after epics go in and things are a mess and we're still a long ways from velious does a full population vote for a relaunch make it happen? Or does Lord Wheels farm lockets of escape for eternity by himself?

jdklaw
08-22-2012, 03:03 PM
kunark rly gay atm

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Wait till those raptors start turning light blue

jdklaw
08-22-2012, 03:38 PM
im not even bothering, soloing has no appeal to me, and i cant get a group because poopsockers wont invite anyone unless ur a rogue monk cleric enchanter

server on a downward spiral

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 03:41 PM
It is time you join your brothers Jibekn, Lazortag, Heartbrand and the other vocals sir.

Cool side of the pillow.

Awwalike
08-22-2012, 05:58 PM
51-53 took 10 hours solo, split it up into 3 days bra.

Sadtimesjpg
08-22-2012, 06:00 PM
You only have 3 more days of bonus experience, stop posting on the forums and get back in game!!!

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 08:22 PM
I just realized Awwalike's quote isn't an actual quote from the link to it :P

Mornin3.0
08-22-2012, 08:31 PM
certain contexts make me look i am positive and compliment people.. reality is im not and i dont.

Diggles
08-22-2012, 08:56 PM
i wish i was a quote in someone's sig :[

BigTB
08-23-2012, 01:32 AM
So after epics go in and things are a mess and we're still a long ways from velious does a full population vote for a relaunch make it happen? Or does Lord Wheels farm lockets of escape for eternity by himself?

First hearty LOL these foramz have given me in months, truly I thank you noble serrah

Heavydrop
08-23-2012, 03:00 AM
is this real life?

Or is it just fantasy?

heartbrand
08-23-2012, 03:06 AM
[QUOTE=Teradise;665006]

heartbrand
08-23-2012, 03:07 AM
im not even bothering, soloing has no appeal to me, and i cant get a group because poopsockers wont invite anyone unless ur a rogue monk cleric enchanter

server on a downward spiral

I am a former nihilum member, I quit about ~ 1 month ago. I saw the writing on the wall at that time, knowing that Kunark could no longer save this project. There's a few reasons, all of which build on each other, why Kunark cannot be the savior any longer for this server and I'll list them, so once and for all the talking mouths of Destin and company (think I saw this guy in guild once, if that) can be closed.

1) Not Enough High Level Players Will Return

Holocaust is gone, I know my former guild likes to brag about it as if they had something to do with it, but ultimately it was a negative for the server. Founding Fathers is gone, and it seems that if any of them return it won't be nearly enough to matter. Brotherhood is a small guild that is ultimately irrelevant. There's literally only one guild left that can progress 51-60. IF isn't coming back, so where are all these mystery high level players going to return from? The answer is the only people who will return are nihilum members, but it won't help with the next issue.

2) Melees Are Fucked

In Classic, you were able to (pre-flee nerf @ least) solo a melee that was well geared to around 40, a bit higher if you were a SK or Pally. From there you could let the druids put in the work in Sol B over a couple of days and wallah, you were 46+, ready to go. That won't happen in Kunark. Who will group the melees? There will be no one to group with 50+ except other nihilum members, but the poopsockers will already have their clique groups and the rest of the melee will be left out in the cold. What do you do if you're a melee and log on during your day off on a Wednesday? Who will be on? Who do you group with? The answer is no one. Having spent time in nihilum, the melee aren't the most dedicated poopsockers either, they won't keep logging on to no groups, or wait on a list to get into the good groups. You'll be stuck in the shit grind group with 2 other hybrids, no DPS, and a cleric, slowly killing blue mobs as you're lucky to get 2-3 blue bubbles over a four hour grind. Good luck having the melees keep logging on after that.

3) Poopsockers Won't Be Able To Raid

While the melee are slowly getting burnt out as they are completely dependent on others to help them, who there aren't enough of, the poopsockers who rush to 60 on their casters will have nothing to raid. The tanks will still be level 51-53, struggling along, a few of them will have burnt out, and numbers will continue to drop. There will be no one way to down any raid targets in Kunark, since they can't be trivialized with charm, and the poopsockers will burn out, combine this with the warm summer months, it will slowly consume even the most devoted.

4) Not Enough Low Levels Will Make It To Recruit From

There's a reason my former guild is desperately trying to recruit people from blue to PL here. There's no one left to recruit. Literally, no one. Kunark will bring some interested newbies in to check things out but unless they roll casters they will be unable to ever make it to the high levels where they can contribute. As explained previously, there will be a huge melee drought which will be needed to win PVE in Kunark, and the few people who do level their iksar necros to 60 will contribute little.

5) There Will Be Literally 0 PVP

Besides the fact that there is no one left on this server, there will be literally be no PVP because the few poopsockers who liked to try to gank before will have no one to gank because no one will even be in their pvp level range anymore! Combine this with the fact that travel in Kunark is incredibly annoying, and that people will spread across several zones, PVP will die at the high end.

6) There Will Be No Point in Farming

Since there will be no one left except the poopsockers and their melee alts, who is there to farm for since there will be no economy? After you farm a couple of fungi's for your alts, for the sick people that keep on playing, there is literally no point after that. There's no one to trade them to. Zilch. Nada. EQ was so replayable because you could twink your alt's out, play the economy, or go around and PVP. Only one of those will be an option, but it will be much harder for your alt because since likely the alt will be a melee, after all who twinks out casters, who will your alt group with? The other poopsocker alts? This will get old quick, and content will remain unused.

7) Even If Eventually Enough Melee Are Finally Carried Across The Finish Line, There Will Be No Point In The Raiding

Even if by some act of god, enough melee are carried and PLed, and don't get burnt out, and nihilum is able to get about 25 people online to do some raids, a tough number but doable for a couple of things, Velious will be impossible. All of the gear will be meaningless because Velious will require two to three times the numbers and the server will never even break 60 pop again.

8) No Reason To Roll On Red vs. Blue

The point of this server was that it would have PVP, competition, etc. Now that the competition will never return, what is the point of rolling on this server for a new player given all the difficulties mentioned above? Why roll here and wait hours for a group that you won't ever get when you can just roll on blue and get one? Why come here where you won't even be able to raid the end game in kunark because of numbers when you can do it on Blue? Why waste away for months PLing people to finally be able to raid when Velious is coming out soon on Blue, the expansion everyone is waiting for and that won't ever be dented on this server? There's almost no good reason to roll here unless you're a pariah on Blue and are too lazy to start over, but I would argue starting over on Blue is better than starting at the top on red.

Just my two cents about why this server is toast with Kunark unless fundamental changes are made.

Nirgon
08-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Yeah don't worry I'll be banned for good real soon for posting server bugs and arguing with the TMO lawyers to keep things broken and easy.

There's no way this forum account will survive the post that you shouldn't be able to receive epic quest rewards under lvl 45.

I'm going to the big red bind spot in the sky bros.

Amesplayerofgames
08-23-2012, 05:05 AM
I just realized Awwalike's quote isn't an actual quote from the link to it :P

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=628453&postcount=1

goalie
08-23-2012, 08:03 AM
WTT some red99 platz for some platz on LoZ plZ

karsten
08-23-2012, 10:00 AM
seriously, we have the same people who were complaining before about the redbox already writing novels complaining about kunark after it's been out for 5 days? good work dudes

Nirgon
08-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Kunark's fine, its just that people are going to put their own interests first and there isn't really good population to support the stragglers who will sit around like wtf.

Swampfeet
08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
People who don't log in should quit talking about whats wrong with the server they know nothing about.

goalie
08-23-2012, 02:33 PM
People who don't log in should quit talking about whats wrong with the server they know nothing about.

If you've never sucked a dick or taken a dick in the ass, do you need be an ass pirate cock sucker to determine how it is?

SamwiseBanned
08-23-2012, 02:58 PM
If you've never sucked a dick or taken a dick in the ass, do you need be an ass pirate cock sucker to determine how it is?

Why actually yes. Who r u to judge

Nirgon
08-23-2012, 03:00 PM

I know quite a bit about this server buddy lol.

In fact, I know why the population dropped off. You might not have been here yet!

goalie
08-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Why actually yes. Who r u to judge

someone who isn't interested in taking it in the anus or putting a penis in my mouth? Have fun trying it out.

Amesplayerofgames
08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
someone who isn't interested in taking it in the anus or putting a penis in my mouth? Have fun trying it out.

I missed u pal

Takyn
08-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Miss him too but he isn't allowed to come back until he trades me LoZ for red99

heartbrand
10-03-2012, 12:26 PM
But yet i see Salt and some other Nihlium playboys who are level 55/56 after three days of kunark being out. Good thing they are not total low lives and consider this game an extension of their real lives or anything like that.

ho ho ho

welcome Ames to Nihilum