PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Runnyeye Agro Range

Molitoth
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Some of the agro range in Runnyeye probably needs to be adjusted.

Lets take the King Room for example.

At level 27 (which is not the ideal level to xp in this zone due to the mobs being blue/light blue/green) I cannot pull the king room without getting all mobs from the room AND all mobs from the room next door. Keep in mind, every mob in the king room is lulled before the pull.

The mobs still hit for 50hp+ so getting 8+ mobs on this pull will wipe a group fast even though the group should be high enough level to handle these pulls. I've done Runnyeye back in 1999/2000 at a lower level than 27 and have successfully pulled/cleared/camped the king room without the use of a monk for split pulls, or an enchanter to mez 8 mobs. Lull pulls used to be and should be sufficient.

If this issue is fixed, it may help the overcroweding of the other zones in the level 22-30 range. RE is a great zone if the mechanics were a little better.

thanks!

guineapig
05-25-2010, 12:57 PM
As a level 50 chanter I have to clear a three room radius with my animation before I can even sit down to med in the King area. The room next to King room has at least 6 mobs packed in tight.

I can't imagine trying to lull them all. I would think it would either start wearing off by the time you got to the last one or you would be oom.

Molitoth
05-26-2010, 09:19 AM
As a level 50 chanter I have to clear a three room radius with my animation before I can even sit down to med in the King area

See, something is deff wrong here.

We went back in with a full group last night. Now at level 30, these mobs are mostly light blue, except for the king who is blue.

Using Lull, we were able to clear the king room (this was without the king spawned).

Now comes the stupid part..

After the King room was cleared, ONLY a level 30 went inside the king room about half way and the entire 2 rooms next door agro'd through the wall and came training our group.

We got about 8-10 light blues all at once, and of course we couldn't handle it... even with a great group.

I know for a fact it wasn't this bad on live because I used to camp the King room for xp at level 22-26ish fine with a good group.