PDA

View Full Version : Give me the 411 on pvp class balance plz

SearyxTZ
08-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Assuming anyone actually pvps enough on this box to know (LOL). I don't know how much the resist system has changed shit.

I don't give a crap about zerg pvp so lets assume 1v1 scenarios or small group skirmishes. Here are the classes I'm curious about:

Bard (do they get rooted and actually killed outdoors bc of shitty resist system? etc)
Ranger
Warrior (have some idea obv)
Necro
Druid

THANKS PALS :)

Loli Pops
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
mad

SearyxTZ
08-19-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.playdota.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=368&pictureid=32227

Rushmore
08-19-2012, 08:45 PM
a bard cc'ed me nicely today....

Akim
08-19-2012, 08:45 PM

bard stunlock

Swampfeet
08-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Play a wizard

Delita2
08-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Assuming anyone actually pvps enough on this box to know (LOL). I don't know how much the resist system has changed shit.

I don't give a crap about zerg pvp so lets assume 1v1 scenarios or small group skirmishes. Here are the classes I'm curious about:

Bard (do they get rooted and actually killed outdoors bc of shitty resist system? etc)
Ranger
Warrior (have some idea obv)
Necro
Druid

THANKS PALS :)

Bard - obviously valued in group pvp, unable to do shit against anyone intelligent/geared who chooses to disengage. Not going to be fun whittleing down randoms health until they zone or just gate and laugh at you.

Ranger - no disc, no interrupt, no health (compared to other melee classes), no point. Ok in group settings if competently assisting / performing utlitiy roles such as chain pumicing, ccing pets, etc, but a poor substitute for another hybrid.

Warrior - Good gear, resists? P good w/ group, poor solo. Bad gear, bad resists? Better than ranger.

Necro - Pretty good against retards, rangers, and pure melee. Pretty bad against anyone who has channeling and cure pots/pumice, or just decides to run away since every spell takes forever to cast. Good for groups when people are too busy trying to assist train / run around to focus on pellings/curing themselves and asystole can lolsnare people with an assist train in pursuit.

Druid - its a druid.

Lucky
08-19-2012, 11:50 PM
lol @ ss

heartbrand
08-20-2012, 12:00 AM
It was 51 in karnors for VS lol

jdklaw
08-20-2012, 12:06 AM

i was there we had many laughs at ur xp death

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Bard - obviously valued in group pvp, unable to do shit against anyone intelligent/geared who chooses to disengage. Not going to be fun whittleing down randoms health until they zone or just gate and laugh at you.

Ranger - no disc, no interrupt, no health (compared to other melee classes), no point. Ok in group settings if competently assisting / performing utlitiy roles such as chain pumicing, ccing pets, etc, but a poor substitute for another hybrid.

Warrior - Good gear, resists? P good w/ group, poor solo. Bad gear, bad resists? Better than ranger.

Necro - Pretty good against retards, rangers, and pure melee. Pretty bad against anyone who has channeling and cure pots/pumice, or just decides to run away since every spell takes forever to cast. Good for groups when people are too busy trying to assist train / run around to focus on pellings/curing themselves and asystole can lolsnare people with an assist train in pursuit.

Druid - its a druid.

ty for this response although it is somewhat depressing

I'm assuming pal & sk hold their own a little better than other hybrids/melee in solo pvp.

It was 51 in karnors for VS lol

Rushmore said in ooc today something about it being a good thing that Nihilum was still here playing during the rock bottom population time. I kinda wanted to strangle him.

I'd still like to try leveling up so I can grief off this carebear zerg one bluebie at a time though. THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY DREAM

Smedy
08-20-2012, 01:22 AM
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2wbrmkn.jpg

lol

thats litteraly 60% of the pop, wtf is that mexican doing to the box

Searyx, i saw your necro yesterday, tried to talk to ya but you snubbed me pal, bad times

Amesplayerofgames
08-20-2012, 01:38 AM
We are not a zerg

http://02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/baghdad-bob.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5955/eq000011.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/eq000011.png/)

Maybach 2.0
08-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Saw big Seary on his necro, tookewl2school in tells. Shoulda went wiz Seary, you've played box long enough to know thats the only sure fire pick

Shrubwise
08-20-2012, 09:38 AM
ya seary i want to too... but i got to 27 and i cant do any more.

this bluebie exp grind as a solo cleric has proven too much for big showtime. having a life and playing this box is not possible. good luck young jedi

-big showtime... even tho on this box was deffinetly small showtime

Excuses... I shot from 24-32 in a matter of days in unrest, solo cleric. Especially with the super awesome exp bonus going on right now. Should have no issues

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 12:13 PM
bros I missed those tells I was afk for long stretches of time yesterday cybering with Tralina

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 12:15 PM
also showtime u cannot quit the pvp champs need all the champs to take down the big blue zerg at 10:1 number disadvantage

Knuckle
08-20-2012, 12:16 PM
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2wbrmkn.jpg

chuck put the game down its time to rest

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 12:17 PM
also who wins druid vs wizard on this box? does tishans clash actually hit? root?

Rushmore
08-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Rushmore said in ooc today something about it being a good thing that Nihilum was still here playing during the rock bottom population time. I kinda wanted to strangle him.

I'm sorry I don't want to play on LoZ. If Nihilum did not play do you really think there would be a RED server still? I embrace this challenge! Most do not and have quit already.

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Hardcore blue raid guild that literally has 25-50% of the concurrent server population at any given time (and probably 50-75% of the level 50+ toons) is not good for the FFA ruleset red server, no.

I'm sorry I don't want to play on LoZ. If Nihilum did not play do you really think there would be a RED server still?

Yes, because there are two red servers currently which are splitting the playerbase. It's been a problem.

Rushmore
08-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Hardcore blue raid guild that literally has 25-50% of the concurrent server population at any given time (and probably 50-75% of the level 50+ toons) is not good for the FFA ruleset red server, no.

Yes, because there are two red servers currently which are splitting the playerbase. It's been a problem.

One server absolutely sucks. That's been well documented around here. The other server the true champion of not only Everquest but Everquest PvP has been conquered by an invading force that must be destroyed! We are the few and they are the many.....STFU. DO something about it!

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/1222-ahmadinejad-iran-fuel/7140491-1-eng-US/1222-Ahmadinejad-iran-fuel_full_600.jpg

Vile
08-20-2012, 04:43 PM
I've spent a collective 3-4 hours which is a lot for someone with a life (a real job, a girl friend, friends and family, and shit to do...) and still have not been able to find a group, a god damn port, or make soloing worth my while as a SK.

I still rather play this box over LoZ.. it's just a fucking time sink man.

BigSlip
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
also who wins druid vs wizard on this box? does tishans clash actually hit? root?

I think the druid has the upper hand. Imo its a pretty big upper hand.

naked? confined to a small area? wiz

BigSlip
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
talkin about outdoors too

dru prolly get shit on indoors

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
One server absolutely sucks. That's been well documented around here. The other server the true champion of not only Everquest but Everquest PvP has been conquered by an invading force that must be destroyed! We are the few and they are the many.....STFU. DO something about it!

One server doesn't "absolutely suck" or it wouldn't still be taking a chunk out of red99's player share. LoZ in fact still does some things better. For example, that exp bonus thread. Devnoob likely would have responded to that thread with clear info on it. If you want to bring up the competing server then you could at least be objective about it.

I agree with the little rallying call to slay the massive zerg guild but they should still cap the fucking invites at some point. Comparative to the overall population this would be like one of the classic live servers having a guild with 700+ members online at once.

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 06:11 PM
I think the druid has the upper hand. Imo its a pretty big upper hand.

Thanks + figured. Druid is always so overplayed on red boxes.

I'm going with a Monk since that's what I enjoy best and will probably rage against the machine when I get rooted/stunned on 100 MR.

EQtrader
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=Rushmore;710859] The other server the true champion of not only Everquest but Everquest PvP has been conquered by an invading force that must be destroyed! We are the few and they are the many.....STFU. DO something about it!

28 years of age and still talking about invading force of everquesters must be destroyed... no wonder why u are still a virgin

SearyxTZ
08-20-2012, 08:35 PM
I predict in 30 days Searyx either a.) quitting or b.) rerolling

Come play box w/ us brew.

Not_Kazowi
08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
searyx i started playing bro where u at

Rushmore
08-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Give it 6 weeks max before Rushmore in Nihilum.

Taking bets.

You've lost this bet already once. Stop repeating yourself.

SamwiseBanned
08-20-2012, 10:27 PM
school is about to start brews. I am afraid the end is closing near.

runlvlzero
08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Sam is a druid, he's the best evar... I bet druids are the best.

Also if you wan't to plvl a zerg to raid for you, druid. Make sure your friend/box is a monk.

BigTB
08-21-2012, 04:48 PM

I feel you brother sam, may we rest at level 51 and gank in eternity

SamwiseBanned
08-21-2012, 05:17 PM
ye need to grind to 52 so I can tank naggy/vox

BigTB
08-21-2012, 05:31 PM
ye need to grind to 52 so I can tank naggy/vox

shud be able to solo it with thorns/skin

SamwiseBanned
08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
I am not sure what happened man. I was so stoked for Kunark, I just knew 300+ players would be there for the opening event, 100 iksars battling it out in FoB but I was wrong. We troll the shit out of each other daily but really we should be the best of friends. EQ Classic pvp crowd is so damn small and right now its split between 2 servers. Truely sad.

insert some video Doji sent me, cool music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3uHfRe1tE&feature=g-all-lik

Graahle
08-21-2012, 07:09 PM

Ain't that the truth. Playtime seriously curtailed as of late.

runlvlzero
08-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Thats ok, i'll be playin r99 when the world ends in Dec, 24, 2012, thx for the kewl vid brew.

Our Ascencion is at hand, the lizard people will not survive this rotation/wave/cycle.

Thats kinda gay music ;p but it gets my body ready.

Takyn
08-21-2012, 09:33 PM
all a pvp server needs is a 125 or so pop that's spread around between guilds with a semi-fast xp rate and some YT

edit: o ya and 1 dev who cares/is competent

Quoting fiegi ftw

Shrubwise
08-21-2012, 10:17 PM
all a pvp server needs is a 125 or so pop
111 online right now 7:10 pm on a Tuesday night (dinner time with family). 34 online this morning at 5:45 am (sleepy time with bed). FACT NEXT

that's spread around between guilds
Flowers of Happiness
Vae Victis
PvP Champs
Nihilum
Neriak Chess Club
& more daily FACT NEXT

with a semi-fast xp rate and some YT
Scaling experience bonus from level one to fifty
50 percent experience bonus before & after Kubark release

FACT

NEXT

edit: o ya and 1 dev who cares/is competent
Competent devs releasing quality Kubark expansion on time with server reliability. Nilbog implementing shady swashbuckler merchant to spend Kubark opening tickets FACT

NEXT

Mornin3.0
08-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I am not sure what happened man. I was so stoked for Kunark, I just knew 300+ players would be there for the opening event, 100 iksars battling it out in FoB but I was wrong. We troll the shit out of each other daily but really we should be the best of friends. EQ Classic pvp crowd is so damn small and right now its split between 2 servers. Truely sad.

dojii video full of typical liberal propaganda... the argument in the video is on par with saying the dinosaurs caused their own destruction.

EQtrader
08-21-2012, 10:47 PM
111 online right now 7:10 pm on a Tuesday night (dinner time with family). 34 online this morning at 5:45 am (sleepy time with bed). FACT NEXT

Flowers of Happiness
Vae Victis
PvP Champs
Nihilum
Neriak Chess Club
& more daily FACT NEXT

Scaling experience bonus from level one to fifty
50 percent experience bonus before & after Kubark release

FACT

NEXT

Competent devs releasing quality Kubark expansion on time with server reliability. Nilbog implementing shady swashbuckler merchant to spend Kubark opening tickets FACT

NEXT

134 for 2 hours is not a fact. FALSE
PVP champs? Neriek Chess club? FoH? Real guilds that pose a threat? FALSE
EXP Scaling bonus? exp still slow FALSE
GM? Fact

1 out 4 bros not bad

jeffd
08-21-2012, 11:08 PM
111 online right now FACT NEXT

Flowers of Happiness
Vae Victis
PvP Champs
Nihilum
Neriak Chess Club
& more daily FACT NEXT

Competent devs FACT NEXT

gotta disagree with my good pal chuck, 125 people is nowhere near enough for a kunark server. every zone is completely empty except for a tiny handful of hotspots, which are zergy clusterfucks. was hoping we'd see those numbers with the release of kunark, but apparently the golden age of eqemu pvp ended a long time ago.

foh/pvp champs/neriak chess club have maybe 10 active people combined. about 70% of level 45+ are in nihilum, 20% are in vv.

amelinda caught accepting irl $ to protect an RMT'er and ban his competition, rogean mentally checked out last december and has been playing SWTOR ever since, obvious/easy changes like global ooc take 6 months to implement.

not really convinced you play on this box pal

Vile
08-21-2012, 11:09 PM
GM? Fact

1 out 4 bros not bad
pras this man

SamwiseBanned
08-21-2012, 11:11 PM
dojii video full of typical liberal propaganda... the argument in the video is on par with saying the dinosaurs caused their own destruction.

hey man i just liked the clips and music not the overall message. still good vid.

Rushmore
08-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Chuck, Cast, & Lethdar coming to a box near you!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdO0U0F1gkW0O0aDPdITDqV5mSqRp8G bID79mvtAXKaPw9j-lt48y-VcsT

Cwall
08-22-2012, 01:20 AM
they look like they're having a good time

can't say the same for that pig supreme

Smedy
08-22-2012, 01:36 AM
was sad today when i saw seary's corpse in warslik woods

Shrubwise
08-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Hey, what are those sirens I hear? Do you hear it? Can you hear it? It's getting closer.
OH SHIT, IT'S THE
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Wambulance_2f3fea_372654.jpg

It's the WHAMBULANCE! Why does it speed hither so? It sure is closing in fast. Must be because it's responding to CODE 454: WHINING WEENIES

GM? Fact

1 out 4 bros not bad

134 for 2 hours is a FACT. You choosing to poo-poo? Not high enough pop for your tilted pinky in that tea cup? Suck it up champ!
FoH proven PvP champs since 1999. Hardest guild ever made. Roll out bitch.
Exp fast as fuck. I was just sitting there in Field of Bone and my iksar fucking dinged. Like without killing anything he just fuckin' dinged. What!?

gotta disagree with my good pal chuck, 125 people is nowhere near enough for a kunark server. every zone is completely empty except for a tiny handful of hotspots, which are zergy clusterfucks. was hoping we'd see those numbers with the release of kunark, but apparently the golden age of eqemu pvp ended a long time ago.
Says who? I love me some alone time. Just chillin' killin and thrillin' with no headaches from "people" running past. "golden age of eqemu pvp" WHAT MY BROTHA!? Is there such a thing? Was there ever a golden age of eqemu? Puh-lease. Drop that snooty 'tude brah and you'll be happy with this excellent server which has been provided.

rogean mentally checked out last december and has been playing SWTOR ever since,
SO WHAT. He's been running this shit for nearly 3 years. I think he's allowed to play something else every now and then. Hell, I would need to too. He's been dealing with all the crybabies around here.

obvious/easy changes like global ooc take 6 months to implement.
Not obvious yO! If it was obvious it would have been in at server launch. They was attempting to keep things real real legit. Like in 1999. Sound familiar?

not really convinced you play on this box pal
PLAYING RIGHT NOW SON. 6:45 am. 40 ONLINE WHAT!? Numbers up from yesterday. Leaps and bounds fuckin' take it!

false

next
Really? That's what you're going to bring to the table after that pownfest just got laid on you?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_785QaU5Lgvg/SSpHNTvhLQI/AAAAAAAABas/b1eNdA6EIAc/s400/YouGotServed.jpg

The time is nigh folks. Server is bustling with new players and old alike. Things here are not and will never be perfect. It's time to look at what's right and not what could be.
WORD OUT

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 10:26 AM
I rather support this new wave of trolling. It really seems to get people amped.

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh shit, it's the red x

SamwiseBanned
08-22-2012, 03:10 PM

damn didnt realize that was taylor swift singing this song

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Crowd so small yet we had 500+ people at launch

SamwiseBanned
08-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Crowd so small yet we had 500+ people at launch

yup im srs shocked, guess im dum. I honestly thought there would be 300+ players returning. also dreamed of 100 iksars battling it out in FoB instead of 5 :( is this really the end of eq pvp?

Graahle
08-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Hey, what are those sirens I hear? Do you hear it? Can you hear it? It's getting closer.
OH SHIT, IT'S THE
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Wambulance_2f3fea_372654.jpg

It's the WHAMBULANCE! Why does it speed hither so? It sure is closing in fast. Must be because it's responding to CODE 454: WHINING WEENIES

134 for 2 hours is a FACT. You choosing to poo-poo? Not high enough pop for your tilted pinky in that tea cup? Suck it up champ!
FoH proven PvP champs since 1999. Hardest guild ever made. Roll out bitch.
Exp fast as fuck. I was just sitting there in Field of Bone and my iksar fucking dinged. Like without killing anything he just fuckin' dinged. What!?

Says who? I love me some alone time. Just chillin' killin and thrillin' with no headaches from "people" running past. "golden age of eqemu pvp" WHAT MY BROTHA!? Is there such a thing? Was there ever a golden age of eqemu? Puh-lease. Drop that snooty 'tude brah and you'll be happy with this excellent server which has been provided.

SO WHAT. He's been running this shit for nearly 3 years. I think he's allowed to play something else every now and then. Hell, I would need to too. He's been dealing with all the crybabies around here.

Not obvious yO! If it was obvious it would have been in at server launch. They was attempting to keep things real real legit. Like in 1999. Sound familiar?

PLAYING RIGHT NOW SON. 6:45 am. 40 ONLINE WHAT!? Numbers up from yesterday. Leaps and bounds fuckin' take it!

Really? That's what you're going to bring to the table after that pownfest just got laid on you?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_785QaU5Lgvg/SSpHNTvhLQI/AAAAAAAABas/b1eNdA6EIAc/s400/YouGotServed.jpg

The time is nigh folks. Server is bustling with new players and old alike. Things here are not and will never be perfect. It's time to look at what's right and not what could be.
WORD OUT

Preach!

Nirgon
08-22-2012, 03:49 PM
yup im srs shocked, guess im dum. I honestly thought there would be 300+ players returning. also dreamed of 100 iksars battling it out in FoB instead of 5 :( is this really the end of eq pvp?

You aren't dumb you just were not listening to the Truth.

Sokay bro, sokay.

SearyxTZ
08-22-2012, 11:15 PM
PLAY THE BOX

Nirgon
08-23-2012, 03:50 AM
^ Book marked this and shall revisit at a later date

Smedy
08-23-2012, 04:29 AM
People not sticking around is mostly due to the slow exp i believe. I think 1-50 needs to be a lot faster, and 51-60 can be the way it is now.

1-50 is basically just a boring ass time sink, everyone wants to get into the action asap and are not prepared to invest a month or two to get to 50.

Yellow text also helps to inspire lowbies to level up, seeing that battles are happening.

Cwall
08-23-2012, 05:02 AM
there is nothing fun or interesting about slaying skellingtons by yourself for days and days(literally) before you get to pvp

SearyxTZ
08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
seriously can we just play the fucking box since there's nothing else to play (don't give me this Guild Wars 2 nonsense u young whippersnappers)

I have some small degree of good faith in nildog. It's already gotten a lot better with various changes. If they put in YT, take another look at resists, and fold over early level exp rate a couple times then this would be as ideal as it's ever gonna get.

CrystalBlue
08-23-2012, 01:38 PM
People not sticking around is mostly due to the slow exp i believe. I think 1-50 needs to be a lot faster, and 51-60 can be the way it is now.

1-50 is basically just a boring ass time sink, everyone wants to get into the action asap and are not prepared to invest a month or two to get to 50.

Yellow text also helps to inspire lowbies to level up, seeing that battles are happening.

Then why are you rerolling yet again? Stick to one character if 250% bonus xp is too slow for you lvls 1 to 50?

Oh and STFU.

Casey II
08-23-2012, 01:45 PM
wuss

Nirgon
08-23-2012, 01:49 PM
XP isn't broken, its buffed here. Your problem is with the lack of a population to support fairly regular grouping.

Swampfeet
08-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Got 46 with 3 days /played over the course of 3 weeks, also pvp'd alot.

Server is great, exp is easy. If you don't find grinding or leveling "fun" then you are playing the wrong game imo.

If you're getting burnt out take a couple days off.

NachtMystium
08-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Then why are you rerolling yet again? Stick to one character if 250% bonus xp is too slow for you lvls 1 to 50?

Oh and STFU.

Another quality post by dat sweet blue liquid.

I agree with Smedy, it may not be CLASSIC but it would bring ALOT more appeal and I guarantee you the pop would increase greatly. People left to LoZ for this(and many other reasons), but R99 is more of an "official" server I guess you could call it the "brand name" where LoZ is the "off brand". I think that's the only reason people are actually rolling on R99 still. I don't understand why you would roll on r99 without some sort of incentive...I really don't.

Smedy
08-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Oh and STFU.

You are rude, we don't like rude people like you around here.

Go take your insults somewhere else, thank you very much.

Heavydrop
08-24-2012, 07:27 AM
I alsmost feel bad for pvping two gnomes into logging off (and presumeably) quitting the server a couple days ago by killing them in CB with my necro.
They (mage and a wizard I think) didn't even really try fighting back. Maybe I did them and the server a favor by showing them what they'd really be getting into by playing here.
I didn't corpse camp or grief because I'm not like that. I find no joy in killing someone while they get their gear. Their blood was blue and their backs were yellow

lethdar
08-24-2012, 09:55 AM
What's this? Features the majority of people wanted (yellow text) that could have been used to create the perception of a live and thriving server weren't released to coincide with the largest injection of players the server will ever have (Kunark release)?

Color me surprised the population is plummeting after only a week, let's see how it goes once the experience bonus is off.

bigeasy
08-24-2012, 10:32 AM
What's this? Features the majority of people wanted (yellow text) that could have been used to create the perception of a live and thriving server weren't released to coincide with the largest injection of players the server will ever have (Kunark release)?

Color me surprised the population is plummeting after only a week, let's see how it goes once the experience bonus is off.

waaah,,, waahh waaaah

population plummeting? i saw 130 on peak last night,, the max i ever saw on your ez box was 150 BOXED,, how are those numbers now?

you poor saps can cry and complain about the server,, and try to discredit it to rationalize anyway you can that you were GRIEFED off the box by a bunch of bluebies,, i would be pretty pissed too if i kept my gaming to EQ EMU PVP for the last 6 years and got worked on a box by a bunch of blue players,, its really funny

i suppose 10 of you staying on loz when the population can't break 60 BOXED since released is nothing short of being cowards,, COLOR ME SUPRISED

still more success than any vz/tz, loz,, ez box you say there is no PvP,, how about you come over and bring the PvP then???? won't happen,,, enjoy whatever thrill you get out of lozez

Swish
08-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Levelling a shaman when I get the time but solo work isn't exactly fun. If the exp bonus disappears I'll likely crawl back to blue...sad but it's the reality, 50 levels is too much grind to start the enjoyment of killing :p

lethdar
08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
i pity the fools that still inhabit this box on a nightly basis,,, poor souls

andis confirmed highest /played out of druids on box,, has passed up troriste for wheelchair honors forsure,, if i wasnt so damn good at games id wait for everybody to quit then claim victory on a downsized downright pitiful population,, sound familiar???,, congrats???

l o l, you'll come around again frand

SearyxTZ
08-24-2012, 01:40 PM
leveling my monk so I can smash bluebies instead of forumquest

Smedy + Rexx hit me up in game if ur playing, brews

SamwiseBanned
08-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Rexx is in Nihilum btw, master of the pve

BigSlip
08-24-2012, 03:37 PM
video too funny

Vile
08-24-2012, 03:45 PM
lvl searyx?

Casey II
08-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Seary send me or Ames a tell and we'll get you up to speed.

tops419
08-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I alsmost feel bad for pvping two gnomes into logging off (and presumeably) quitting the server a couple days ago by killing them in CB with my necro.
They (mage and a wizard I think) didn't even really try fighting back. Maybe I did them and the server a favor by showing them what they'd really be getting into by playing here.
I didn't corpse camp or grief because I'm not like that. I find no joy in killing someone while they get their gear. Their blood was blue and their backs were yellow

maybe I'm too sensitive for a server like red, but killing someone more than once is pretty gay unless you're trying to win over a camp or something else that it makes sense to contest. Higher levels/twinks rolling into lowbie zones just to cost people xp is just bullshit.
Enjoy your lone box.
I've tried playing on it and this same sort of behavior led me off of it. No one is keeping tally and what's the fun in killing someone that can't/won't fight back?

You seem proud, but you probably just brought red from 45 pop to 43... you just lost a possible 5% of your server pop. congrats. dumbass.

BigSlip
08-24-2012, 04:18 PM
more like 0.8%

If you cant take dying, while on a cr, granted it wont happen once a month, then you were never even 0.8% part of this pop.

so bye

tops419
08-24-2012, 04:22 PM
^ its funny cause the "Suck it up" attitude is what drove the population to what it is.
again, congrats.

BigSlip
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks. im happy.

runlvlzero
08-24-2012, 05:55 PM
If you cant take dieing go play wow ;p

Tradesonred
08-24-2012, 06:26 PM
maybe I'm too sensitive for a server like red, but killing someone more than once is pretty gay unless you're trying to win over a camp or something else that it makes sense to contest. Higher levels/twinks rolling into lowbie zones just to cost people xp is just bullshit.
Enjoy your lone box.
I've tried playing on it and this same sort of behavior led me off of it. No one is keeping tally and what's the fun in killing someone that can't/won't fight back?

You seem proud, but you probably just brought red from 45 pop to 43... you just lost a possible 5% of your server pop. congrats. dumbass.

Ive tried for months and months to try to drive this point home to devs, that is it completely ridiculous to ask people starting out on the server to face twinks out to delevel them with xp loss in pvp.

Without xp loss, non-twinks will still get their asses kicked but they can attempt to fight back, get better at fighting... etc... without losing PVE grind time (which is boring as fuck on a low pop server)

I think the problem is that devs dont play their own box, so they play with game mechanics but didnt put the time it takes to get a perspective on how bad it is. They rely on false feedback saying XP loss is a non-factor by people who need xp loss in PVE either to control PVE (Nihilum) or get their kicks griefing people with it.

I dont blame the devs for not playing their box cuz dev'ing must be time intensive but i think this is where the problem might be.

I dont even have the joy of Classic to play say, a lvl12 wiz twink alt because i will feel bad that my naked opponent loses xp each time i kill him and might leave the box instead of duking it out.

runlvlzero
08-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Ive tried for months and months to try to drive this point home to devs, that is it completely ridiculous to ask people starting out on the server to face twinks out to delevel them with xp loss in pvp.

Without xp loss, non-twinks will still get their asses kicked but they can attempt to fight back, get better at fighting... etc... without losing PVE grind time (which is boring as fuck on a low pop server)

I think the problem is that devs dont play their own box, so they play with game mechanics but didnt put the time it takes to get a perspective on how bad it is. They rely on false feedback saying XP loss is a non-factor by people who need xp loss in PVE either to control PVE (Nihilum) or get their kicks griefing people with it.

I dont blame the devs for not playing their box cuz dev'ing must be time intensive but i think this is where the problem might be.

I dont even have the joy of Classic to play say, a lvl12 wiz twink alt because i will feel bad that my naked opponent loses xp each time i kill him and might leave the box instead of duking it out.

Theres blue, theres LoZ theres here, the population is at 90 ish primetime. Hoping it stays up, slow xp, dieing with xp loss and pvpree is not for everyone it takes "A special mindset, level of maturity/imaturity/ignorance". Most of us like it like this and I dunno what the old hats are being dramatic about, trying to earn forumite points or something. I can make the same argument as you do "I dont have time to enjoy this game" ... well key word here is enjoy... your not going to enjoy it at all if you attack it from the mentality that you should be on a level playing field with everyone else, thats not what MMO/EQ/Neckbeardquest is about.

Its like being mad that everything is so perfectly fair and balanced in rocketarena... and you can never get the upper hand by poopsocking or twinking an alt, or rolling with the right crew... or making friends.

Wamorn
08-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Enjoy your lone box.

Are you Thrain?