PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Charmed pet CTD

Jakburton
08-18-2012, 09:20 PM
*edit2* It is happening with summoned pets as well....

Im an enchanter, and everytime that my charmed pet goes to attack a mob I immediately freeze up and crash. any suggestions? this had happened to me before, so i completely reinstalled eq, and used the duxaui with no changes, with new config files and this solved the issue.....until today when it is starting to happen again.

I have not made any changes to my ui or config files, and it was working lastnight without a problem.

*edit* It is happening in every zone, I have tried deleting my eqclient, reinstalling with duxas installer, and the problem is still happening like clockwork. What are some other things that I can try to resolve this. I can keep the mob charmed indefinitely as long as he isnt attacking anything. As soon as he attacks anything, I freeze up and crash to desktop. It doesn't matter if I command him to attack with /pet attack from a hotkey that I make, or by pressing the attack button on the pet window I still crash. Even if I do nothing and let my pet attack on its own when I get hit by a mob, I still crash.

Im not using any uifiles other than duxas that comes with the install. It even happens with the default eq ui, so I am at a lost.

Any help would be great.