PDA

View Full Version : How to make some PP

kchisarik
08-18-2012, 10:44 AM
I am new to the server, everything seems so expensive I am wondering how I will advance. I wanted to buy a +4 int robe in EC the other day and the guy wanted 500pp.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how a new player can make some coin?

TIA

toxiqwurm
08-18-2012, 10:47 AM
lightstone quest, sell bonechips..

bluejam
08-18-2012, 10:59 AM
The seller was an idiot. Advisor robes usually go for 150-200pp tops. I can toss you one for free if we happen to be on at the same time.

godbox
08-18-2012, 11:05 AM
The seller was an idiot. Advisor robes usually go for 150-200pp tops. I can toss you one for free if we happen to be on at the same time.

^ this also the only early gear you should invest in is cheap +hp items. Int doesn't boost mana pool significantly for awhile so your better off farming your own gear and saving for spells

Woobi
08-18-2012, 11:07 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Ultimate_Leveling_While_Making_Money_Guide

This is a great guide, helped me make my first K

phobus
08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
^ this also the only early gear you should invest in is cheap +hp items. Int doesn't boost mana pool significantly for awhile so your better off farming your own gear and saving for spells

Repeat this over and over until you're not frustrated anymore about not having gear. :)

As a caster, gear doesn't really make you more powerful (with very few, very expensive exceptions). Your spells are your spells whether you're wearing a full set of cloth or 750k of god and dragon loot. If you had twice as much mana, you'd be able to kill twice as many mobs before going OOM, but then you'd have twice as long to med back to full. It evens out. (And I'm not saying to ignore your mana pool completely, just that it doesn't matter much at low levels)

+HP gear helps a bit by giving you a bigger cushion to take hits, but taking hits generally shouldn't be part of your strategy, so it's not necessary by any means.

My advice would be to focus on leveling, and snatch up any good gear you see offered at a low price. Don't waste your money on low-end gear that only gives you +2 int or something that you'll replace in another ten levels. Use the wiki (these lists (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Equipment_By_Class) are great) to compare gear and plan out your purchases in advance, rather than just buying what's for sale in the tunnel on any given day.

Splorf22
08-18-2012, 12:08 PM
If you want a cheap robe, go for the Green Silken Drape. The wiki claims its 3 int and 50p. Looks like a newb robe of course.

#1 gear for all characters is a pair of Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (10AC/110HP) which will run you 500p although I generally sell them at cost to new players.

Best thing to do though is just to level up; you'll progress way more from leveling than getting gear (as any class) and then the pp will flow.

Truheart
08-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Highly recommend, farming the Nybright sisters in Lesser Faydark from 12-19, they drop bronze weapons which sell from 2-4plat each. You should be able to bank a significant amount of plat during that time, buy all your spells through 50, and have enough cash to fill some slots with gear.

Corrodith
08-19-2012, 10:34 AM
When I first came to the server, the way I saved up to begin to get out of banded and into at least mid-level stat gear was by soloing highkeep guards for many levels in the 30s. There's like 3 floors of them so you won't run out of guards to kill. They drop fine steel every time which sells for like 5pp a pop. Great experience as well. Prior to that I think I did mammoths in everfrost in the mid-20s which as I remember were decent loot as well.

kchisarik
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
thanks, great advice. I am at sisters as we speak and just made 10PP on my first sell run, which is more than I have earned on my own in my first 15 levels combines I am pretty sure :)

Hagglebaron
08-19-2012, 04:13 PM
I am new to the server, everything seems so expensive I am wondering how I will advance. I wanted to buy a +4 int robe in EC the other day and the guy wanted 500pp.

TIA

New to the server? Need some startup pp?

See the Baron

Grumble
08-19-2012, 10:41 PM
What my characters did was start hunting wisps at level 8 or 9. In the case of my necro, I made a mage to summon daggers so his skelly could hit the wisps. In the case of my druid a Jaggedpine Crook was an easy quest to get a magic weapon. My shammy was a barbarian so he was able to get that necklace that summons a magic hammer. I'm assuming you know about the turn in the greater lightstones for concordance of research quest. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=374 or http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=303

kchisarik
08-20-2012, 12:08 AM
lol I was just at sisters and there were no less than 5 people (yes five) in line

Striiker
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah. as others have stated, focus on leveling and getting enough money to buy all of your spells. Spells for casters are far more important than gear and it always sucks to be missing spells when you level up. At low level, +mana items help far more that +int. It's not for a while that this starts to shift.
There are also some nice quests which you could do to get some items to help you and also some zones which have creatures that could drop some nice low level items. I had cloth and junky gear for a long time. I hit Qeynos in the Aqueducts to get two Gold stud earrings (+3 int each) off of a simple quest (Cubert).
Have fun! It looks like you found a good camp to make some plat off of. Try to also get out and have fun grouping in different zones too.

kaev
08-20-2012, 11:31 AM
1. reroll as a melee
2. be a poorfag forever, unloved and unwelcome in groups because all the other melees are absurdly overgeared monk/rogue twinks of L55+ casters
3. ????
4. profit

Growlers
08-20-2012, 03:49 PM
New to the server? Need some startup pp?

See the Baron

^ good dude right there.

azeth
08-20-2012, 04:30 PM
^ good dude right there.

Definitely. Though for a true noob, even 100 plat will completely change their gaming experience. How big a PITA is it to buy the first few level of spells/something other than a Rusty Long Sword.

Honest
08-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Nybright sisters 12-19, Gargoyle Island in OOT (drogs garg eyes at 10pp a pop)19-24, sisters island in oot until 33-34, Paw until things are light blue, then you can do Specs till high 40's then from there Seafuries. All this should net you plat while you lvl. But for best results I would worry about gaining levels. If you level up, the money will come.

Wotsirb401
08-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I got an extra green silken drape if you need one . PM me

monkeydoc
08-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Any alternate recommendations for money/xp at 25+? I don't really want to destroy my faction at Sister island.

kchisarik
08-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Are there any rules for how long you can hold a camp (beyond common decency)?
The same group of players has now held Nyblight camp for over 24 hours

Honest
08-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Any alternate recommendations for money/xp at 25+? I don't really want to destroy my faction at Sister island.

I think the first set of guards in nekultous forest on stone bridge by EC zoneline would be best bet. But slower money.

Vicatin
08-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Nybright sisters 12-19, Gargoyle Island in OOT (drogs garg eyes at 10pp a pop)19-24, sisters island in oot until 33-34, Paw until things are light blue, then you can do Specs till high 40's then from there Seafuries. All this should net you plat while you lvl. But for best results I would worry about gaining levels. If you level up, the money will come.

This man speaks the troof. Buuuuut. Sisters in oot till 30 and then misty guards till 37.

Striiker
08-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Are there any rules for how long you can hold a camp (beyond common decency)?
The same group of players has now held Nyblight camp for over 24 hours

There are no rules to a camp. If one you want is camped, head off to find another place. It sucks, I know.. It's a great feeling to find a relatively safe spot to get XP and decent loot but the reality is that others will know of it too and take the camp when you are away. When that happens, it's time to move onto other locations with an occasional visit to the place you wanted. I'd say that if you get enough plat to buy spells and perhaps a few items to upgrade, you did well..

Houdiny
08-21-2012, 10:10 AM

TIA

The seller was probably selling an oracle robe, which is also used for the rogue epic I believe. Advisor robe is a great cheap robe. Most people will sell for chicken scratch or just give it away. Hang out in EC awhile someone is bound to be generous sooner or later.

I usually try to help new beginners when I know they are legit new. Sometimes you get some scammers and are giving away hundreds of pp to people who have hundreds of thousands.

I would suggest OOT gargoyles once you hit about 20. If you are looking for a robe I am assuming you are a caster and pretty much any caster can solo those gargoyles pretty easily. Just look up the location on wiki and take the boat to OOT and get after it. The eyes they drop sell for 9pp each to a vendor. Very nice beginner cash. Just make sure you stay away from the specs at the top in the middle of the island. They will eat you. Other then that it's pretty easy.

Honest
08-21-2012, 01:49 PM
This man speaks the troof. Buuuuut. Sisters in oot till 30 and then misty guards till 37.

Both sisters are dark blue till 33 (one sister is still dark blue at 34 and the other goes lightblut), not to mention the other 2 spawns by the dock. 6 minute spawn time and much lower hp compared to misty guards. Again, this is just my opinion, and it worked for me.

Vicatin
08-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Both sisters are dark blue till 33 (one sister is still dark blue at 34 and the other goes lightblut), not to mention the other 2 spawns by the dock. 6 minute spawn time and much lower hp compared to misty guards. Again, this is just my opinion, and it worked for me.

Yup. Either way is good :)