PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu problem

Houdiny
08-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I am trying to get the Emu on my comp at work. I downloaded EQ titanium and the EQEmu launcher but every time I click on the launcher it gives me an error before it will even open.

A friend of mine was having the same issue and I was able to fix his. There was a little walk through for it but for the life of me I can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

lawll
08-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I am trying to get the Emu on my comp at work. I downloaded EQ titanium and the EQEmu launcher but every time I click on the launcher it gives me an error before it will even open.

A friend of mine was having the same issue and I was able to fix his. There was a little walk through for it but for the life of me I can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Playing EQ at work?!

Houdiny
08-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Playing EQ at work?!

Ya I have a lot of downtime between coats of paint, and waiting for others to finish their side of the job and bring to me. So I was just going to load up EQ at work.

There isn't a rule against it is there? Like with the two boxing is there? I will be using the same account, just a different location.

Feachie
08-15-2012, 01:45 PM
which error are you receiving? be more pacific

Houdiny
08-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Well It was a dxc000135 or something error. Got some help on another forum the guy said it was .Net framework issue. So I downloaded .Net framework 4 and it brought up a new issue. Unable to execute runtime process or something of the nature. So I went to windows update and low and behold there was 6 updates all having to do with .Net framework.

Downloaded and installed these updates to no avail though. Still giving me that error that says....

Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application.

That's what it says in the box, on top of the box in the header it reads...

EQEmuLauncher.exe .Net framwork Initialization error

Houdiny
08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Tried bypassing the emu launcher all together with the patchme trick and it loaded up the game but at the server select everything is empty and there are no servers to select from

Houdiny
08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
OK got the issue solved with the servers being blank. Forgot to change the eqhost file. Now just need to figure out how to get updated spells and such because at my char select screen it's giving me the message my spells are out of date.

Feachie
08-15-2012, 04:27 PM
should read the "getting started" post on the main page at www.project1999.org

if at first you don't succeed, rtfm :)

Houdiny
08-16-2012, 04:54 AM
should read the "getting started" post on the main page at www.project1999.org

if at first you don't succeed, rtfm :)

Well considering the getting started page doesn't tell me anything about bypassing the emulator, or the .Net framework files, or that I have to manually change the eqhost file to a destination that is not listed it does me no good. I got the problem solved by surfing around and looking on other forums. They were more informative then your typical "read the getting started" idea...

My computer at home is set up with the launcher, which is what I wanted. Didn't have that luxury. But thanks for all the help lol if that's all ya have to offer then why bother even replying to it in the first place? People come here for answers to problems. Not links to obvious web addresses that obviously don't cover the essentials.

Heavydrop
08-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Am having the same issue with the launcher. Any info on how you got around it etc. would be appreciated

Houdiny
08-16-2012, 11:55 AM
The first thing I did to try and fix the situation was download .Net Framework. Before this though I would manually update your windows updates first though as mine had updates specifically for .Net framework.

So try windows update first. Download and install any updates you might be missing. If that doesn't work go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Download that and restart your comp before trying the launcher again. If that doesn't work you might have to go around the launcher. and by doing that you can do this...

Go into your eq folder and find the EQgame.exe file (make sure it says eqgame) and right click it, make a shortcut to your desktop or wherever. Then right click on the shortcut and in the target box there is a destination for the shortcut. At the end of the destination add a space then type patchme. Should look something like this...

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

It may very depending on the location of your files but the ending with patchme is all that matters.

Once you have done that locate your eqhost file in your eq folder as well. Open it up and change the location of the login to this...

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

That is the destination for project 99's servers.

By doing this you will most likely have to update the spells because when you log in to character select it will tell you your spell files are out of date. If this occurs here is the fix for that...

Go to http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76962 and download that first link at the top called EQchangesv23. Once installed unzip it and dump it into your EQ folder. Overwrite/replace all existing files. Once you have done that your are pretty much set up.

From then on the only thing you need to do is load the game from that shortcut you made with the eggame. It should work then I hope. It did for me anyways.

I think there was a pretty big problem with the new windows updates that came out or something. I didn't have any problems with my home computer but tried it on the comp at work and it went all haywire.

Heavydrop
08-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks will give it a shot. Obviously I had no problems setting it up manually for myself and I'm perfectly happy continuing to do it the way we've all been doing it pre-patcher

Heavydrop
08-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Its working but still have to go through and remove the files such as "Lavastorm"
I don't remember all the ones that have to be yanked.
Anyone recall them all?
I'll dig more for the name of the files

Houdiny
08-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Ran into an issue with Nek forest being totally black on my comp at work. Was in group with a guy who had to fix it as well. He said something about deleting the neriak.egg file and one other but cant remember which

Plaidpants
08-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm having trouble running the game with EQemu as well - but a different problem... I've played p99 before but its been awhile and had to do a fresh install...

I run EQEmu patcher and set the right locations and it patches.. then it takes me to a black screen where the mouse is visible but nothing ever happens.. I just have to close the program. Anyone know of a fix? Was going to try to d/l duxa all in one installer but that link for the download is broken.