PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Quid Rilstone

Glitch
11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
After doing extensive research on the spawn/pathing of Quid Rilstone in Rathe Mtns, I camped the spot and cleared greens for hours. Other people reported to me that they've been unable to find him as well.
As it turns out, he spawns in a different location here than my research on Allakhazam and various forums indicate.

As I've read, his spawn is supposed to be from a random placeholder (fire beetle, skeleton, brown bear, etc) in the northeast "bubble" of Rathe, south of the mountains that divide it in half. From what I gather, he is meant to spawn on the hillside, south of the orc camp, path along by the broken war machines (the catapults, etc), past the broken walls, then across to the gypsy camp, then north to the paladins on top of the mountains. It seems to be universally accepted that his placeholder/spawn is always on the south side of the mountain.

more information is found here
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3608

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1439

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3605
(people often ran into quid while camping this guy. He's spawning normally. I took him down twice while farming)

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5183
Shaman epic quest mob that spawns in the catapult ruins later on. people often found quid while camping him.

According to Xzerion, this is not where he currently spawns, so I just wanted to let you know that I'm almost certain this is the correct pathing.

and I've also wasted hours of my life. ahahah
Such is Classic, non? :)

mitic
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
so i wasted hours to hunt this fucker..ive been at paladins according to allakazam and ive been at druidring according to insider infos here

can i get at least an information if he spawns either at paladins or druidring hill?

thanks

Glitch
10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Big-up thread from 2009~

Akim
05-16-2012, 07:20 AM
where?!

Snagglepuss
01-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Bump for those with the knowledge...

Vladesch
01-27-2013, 05:26 AM
His spawn is fine. I spawned him 3 times in a couple of hours a while back.
No idea what his ph is. Tho I suspect a lizardman.

He spawns south of the hill in the area with the paladins.

Snagglepuss
01-27-2013, 10:43 AM
So just stick to killing anything and everything south of the hill? Anybody have any more information? Reminds me of how I used to spawn Quillmane back on live... :rolleyes:

mwatt
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM
So just stick to killing anything and everything south of the hill? Anybody have any more information? Reminds me of how I used to spawn Quillmane back on live... :rolleyes:

Tried this on P99 for hours on multiple occasions. Never spawned. Maybe I was super unlucky (god knows that happens) or maybe his spawn is too infrequent? I dunno. The previous poster said he popped him 3X in 2 hours though. If that is truth.

Maceq
07-20-2013, 02:37 PM
I was able to spawn him or at least kill him in about 15 minutes. Was killing everything between the paladins and the gypsy camp. I ran a little to the east toward Glaron the Wicked to kill a green when I saw him walking down the hill from the paladins. Light blue to a 51. Got the hood.

Thepen
08-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Quid is incredibly easy to spawn unless he was changed recently. His PH respawns instantly. I was able to spawn Quid 2-3 times in under 60 seconds a few months ago. From what I've gathered he has 3 PH's, all which have different spawn locations, but each type of monster will always spawn in the same spot.

As for Quid, I've killed him 20+ times on R99, always spawns in the same spot.

I tried reporting the bug of him respawning instantly awhile back and the post was deleted.

Bokke
06-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Thepen is correct I believe. From what I can tell 3 spawn locations are linked. One is over by the inn, one is near the ruins, and one is on the hill and paths towards the ruins.

I've seen different kinds of mobs spawn at the the inn, lizard scout and bears. Ive seen them spawn instantly several times in a row before not spawning at all (this is when I think a different location pops). I've only seen a decaying skeleton spawn on the hill and path towards ruins, and I've only seen a bear spawn near the ruins.

It seems the spawn is instant but its random which location it will be. I've made him spawn 3 times very quickly once I located these spots. I was killing most the critters in that area though so they may also be involved somehow.

lordodie
07-15-2014, 09:51 PM
First of all, Thepen and Bokke are 99% correct. Quid is absurdly easy to spawn - once you figure out where the span points are.

If you don't want to read the details, just run from the ruins, over the catapult, through the orc camp, and just over the hill and kill EVERYTHING, and he'll spawn eventually. Don't concern yourself with the rest of the "between the Paladin and Gypsies camp" stuff. I guess he could path there eventually, and if you want to be safe when you first get there, just kill everything and make you way over to the catapult.

That being said, here are the nitty-gritty details:

Spawn Point 0: Stand on Glaron the Wicked's spawn point at the catapult. Turn west by north west and you'll see a large tree and a small tree right next to each other on the hill - the large one is on a dark spot and the small one is in the grass. Just to the left of that is where Quid spawns EVERY TIME. He paths south. I couldn't fins it anywhere, but Quid is actually an Erudite Paldin. He either carries a hammer, in which case his loot will be the Man-o-War (LORE) or he won't be armed and his loot will be the hood (NOT LORE). He will have one or the other 100% of the time.

Spawn Point 1: Turn to the north. All along the hillside skeletons spawn at various locations. I'm pretty sure most of these spawn points are normal spawns, but I'm 50% sure at least a few of them are PHs. Kill them just to be safe.

Spawn Point 2: Turn south by south west. There are two large trees and a couple of low hills. All through here are fire beetle spawn points. Some of these are normal spawns, but I'm 100% sure that most of the beetles you'll see in this area are PHs. They seem to path north and west. Kill them all. Also, a bear can spawn around here that I'm 25% sure is a PH. There is also a skeleton that spawn right in the corner or the ruins to the south. He might be a PH too, but I'm less sure on that. Just kill them to be safe.

Spawn Point 3: Run over the hill; all the way over. Bears spawn down here and path south towards the catapult. I'm 100% sure these are PH's. Note that the lizardman scout is NOT a PH; of this I'm 100% sure. (FYI: he spawns just north of the orc camp.) There are also random beetles and skeletons running all over the top of the hill by the orcs camp, I don't think these are PHs, but they died anyway; you can never be too sure.

That's about it. After about three hours of camping the wrong spot, I found this thread. Once I figured out the spawn points, I stayed for about two hours. All told, I ended up with a single Man-o-War - another one rotted - a backpack overflowing with bone chip stacks, three HQ bear skins, two stacks of Chucks of Meat, Envy and Woe, a few Cracked Staves and seventeen (17) Siren Hair Hoods. At 400p to 500p per, I call that a good two hours worth of work!

Enjoy, and good hunting!!!

knix
10-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Quid is incredibly easy to spawn unless he was changed recently. His PH respawns instantly. I was able to spawn Quid 2-3 times in under 60 seconds a few months ago. From what I've gathered he has 3 PH's, all which have different spawn locations, but each type of monster will always spawn in the same spot.

As for Quid, I've killed him 20+ times on R99, always spawns in the same spot.

I tried reporting the bug of him respawning instantly awhile back and the post was deleted.

THIS is correct information. BUT there is now a peculiar new twist. Last night i was there on my ranger and there were 3 cycles running at the same time, I worked the spawns, and got 3 Quids up 4 different times. Was entertaining for me. Feel free to take off the extra Siran hair hoods off my char, my goal was to not get 13 hats last night, but more of a curiosity on what the heck was going on.

http://i.imgur.com/uc2stYtl.jpg

gobletsmashing
01-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Just an update - anyone referring to this guide to get Quid to Spawn ... latest patch has this note :

"Nilbog: Quid Rilstone's spawn mechanics completely redone."

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173108

BarackObooma
01-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Any idea how to spawn him now?

Erati
01-09-2015, 11:06 PM

um this is the fun of EQ.....

pls don't post how to spawn him in the bug forum if someone finds out :)

Mabash
02-15-2015, 05:45 PM

This needs to be answered

cythix
03-05-2015, 04:25 AM
Just now spawned him twice in 1 hour using the method of killing mobs between gypsy camp and paladin camp.

Magikarp
05-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Just now spawned him twice in 1 hour using the method of killing mobs between gypsy camp and paladin camp.

ive been at this for about a day and no quid sighting so far

stayin the course.. if anyone has any additional hints would be happy to hear them

Halius
05-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Can't confirm 100% yet but I think his PH is the single brown bear that spawns between the catapult and the gypsy camp. I'll keep camping and update.

Caridry
05-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Can't confirm 100% yet but I think his PH is the single brown bear that spawns between the catapult and the gypsy camp. I'll keep camping and update.

I have heard this unconfirmed as well from other campers. Hopefully we get this spawn down again, this is one of the few 500pp spawns I didn't mind lol!

Zyzzerzazz
10-14-2015, 01:23 AM
Have fun with this one now - F that.

Do yourself a favor and buy what he drops on the market, cuz you can make 10x the plat cost of any of the two items by farming elsewhere for gems in the time its going to take you to get him to spawn.

Lame gameplay /shrug

rekreant
12-11-2015, 03:47 PM
still broken, does not spawn

nilbog
12-12-2015, 04:18 PM
He does spawn. I see kills for him from the encounter log.

Script needed some cleanup, so anything that could potentially bug it out should be fixed with next patch.

max6825
12-23-2015, 11:35 PM
The brown bear seems to be his ph. He spawned in the first 40 mins of my 3 hour camp today. When I saw him no brown bear existed. For the last 2 hours I found the bears spawn at roughly 2600, -1550. I was hoping he would pop in that location to confirm it. The bear however seems to roam NSE or W after spawning so best to sit at that spot to try and confirm

knix
12-29-2015, 08:52 PM
they have me boggled on this one atm. Are we post Nilbogs patch?

the bear that i was getting to spawn near the loc would not spawn quid.
I got there there were 3 bears up in the valley, killed all 3, kept killing the top spawns (6.5 min spawns)till i got a Quid plus bear to spawn, got a couple quids, then, i was down to only one bear and a beetle and a decaying skeleton i was killing, no quid spawns for hours.

Gathered the whole valley up again and AE the whole mess, then respawned 2 bears. Killed both bears, and 6.5 min later QUID , on old pathing (and a bear), then insta QUID on old pathing , then insta beetle on old pathing, then, no new spawns now I am here in the valley running all over. I have one (pre quid killing) bear beating on me, with No other new spawns in the valley. No new spawns from the Quid Quid beetle run.
update: second AE run, only one bear spawned

Temppie
01-07-2016, 01:49 AM
Anyone else have any luck, or any stories, from camping Quid recently? I've been trying to spawn him for about 2 hours now, and no luck. I have a bear spawning consistently, every 6 minutes and 42 seconds, at 2555, -1653. There are other bear spawns but they seem sporadic. Pretty sure I saw one pop at roughly 2163, -1733 a couple of times, but he's definitely not on the same 7 minute timer, seems much longer.

I've been killing everything in the area just to be safe, will post an update if I figure anything else out...

Wonton
01-29-2016, 04:23 AM
I've been farming this guy long enough now to realize this is not worth my time.

Quid WILL NOT spawn and his drops gets replaced fairly quickly, anyways.

I've been at it two hours, on average, per night for four nights. NOT WORTH IT. Developers probably cranked the spawn rate WAY down to try and make this spawn "classic." Seriously, I put a lot of time has been put into this guy and only got 1 spawn (hammer). NOT WORTH

titus1253
06-18-2016, 04:00 PM
I think I've got it down...everything in the valley is on a 6min 45 sec timer and they all spawn as what they were before...except one mob who is on a timer of around 8min +- 10 sec and that mob is the Quid PH. It will sometimes be a Brown Bear which will make it easy to find him if you have track because normally there is only 1 bear, so if there's 2 just kill both and wait for whatever spawns last. So far it seem most times it spawns back as a skeleton, sometimes a brown bear and less frequently a fire beetle. So far no decaying skeletons. Oh and once every never it is Quid. I've gotten him 3 times now in about 10 hours of hunting. Good luck all.

RaMaR
09-28-2017, 05:44 AM
I made him spawn 3 times.
3 hammers.

Jalico
12-04-2017, 07:10 AM
Well after hours of slowly working through the mechanics, I'm fairly certain I have it figured out but still takes a bit of time....

After seeing many people camp this guy and fail (at least while I was on), it drew my curiosity while I've been waiting on Grazhak to spawn.

Needless to say there is a lot of information that is old and at least some of it is correct.... I won't put it in here but may update the Quid page soon once I've confirmed my suspicions.

Got Quid up just as Grazhak spawned too so some incredible luck on my part there tho medding up took a while

Brachus
01-10-2018, 09:44 PM
So how do I get this guy to spawn or does anyone have the hood for sale?

Jalico
01-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Message me ingame for either mechanics or if you want a hood..... Name is Chalica or Dialiah. I can either sell you a hood or give you the tools to get one on your own

Brachus
01-11-2018, 06:45 PM
Whens the best time to catch you in game. Would like to hear how he spawns and buy a hood from you if you have one.

Jalico
01-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Sent you a PM, i wont be on til Sunday late evening all night, EST

Can find me at tunnel usually, would take me a couple hours to get one at the most but up to you to wait.... Gave you mechanics