PDA

View Full Version : East Commons? Yea, We got that.

Rogean
05-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Click to view full size image.

Http://www.rogean.com/images/p99ec2tb.png (Http://www.rogean.com/images/p99ec2.png)

L2Phantom
05-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Indeed we do!

Shawk
05-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Haha, love it.

Malrubius
05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

eqdruid76
05-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Huzzah!

moebius8
05-24-2010, 12:09 AM
wet panties over a zone aside how long did most of these people have to waste in the zone to unload their crap?

Anuril
05-24-2010, 12:11 AM
If you build it, they will come.

/tear

Malrubius
05-24-2010, 12:52 AM
wet panties over a zone aside how long did most of these people have to waste in the zone to unload their crap?

More time than they did in wow.

Brut
05-24-2010, 03:53 AM
Spent an hour about last night buying an FBSS. Fun as heck, met lots of buddies there, harassed paladins & snack-species.

Peppermint
05-24-2010, 04:28 AM
awesome stuff! =)

Anata
05-24-2010, 04:35 AM
Really a great view! Have been missing that for a long time.

Just the frogs are a bit irritating... :D

KillerBladeImmortal
05-24-2010, 04:36 AM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5512/eq000026.jpg

So 9 of of 13 people in EC was high level afk'ers who pretty much has nothing left to do in the game then sitting around lfg all day.

And a WHOOPING 1 auction in 5 minutes.

http://mittyzx.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

raff01
05-24-2010, 04:59 AM
YEssssss !!! CLASSIC EQ like old days !! at last !!

Shawk
05-24-2010, 06:07 AM
So 9 of of 13 people in EC was high level afk'ers who pretty much has nothing left to do in the game then sitting around lfg all day.

umad?

/quit imo

KillerBladeImmortal
05-24-2010, 06:33 AM
I did.

umad?

/delete everquest imo

PearlJammzz
05-24-2010, 06:41 AM
I was there! Picked up a BP for my friend's SK, and gave away some banded to a newbie (upgraded biatch! lol). There were lots of people there moving/talking/auctioning last night. I was, however, on when there was 5-600 people on.

DoilBoil
05-24-2010, 07:08 AM
More time than they did in wow.

lol

DoilBoil
05-24-2010, 07:14 AM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5512/eq000026.jpg

http://mittyzx.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

Yeah we only had about 1/10th of the server in EC at a time last night.

KillerBladeImmortal
05-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Yeah we only had about 1/10th of the server in EC at a time last night.

What about the other 9/10th, also you do realize not everyone is from the US right? Not everyone plays while Rogean feels like showing off his admin powahs.

Today we only had about 1/1000th of the server in EC at a time just now.

But it's cool, go feel like a big guy in EC tunnel, just spare a thought for the new beginner running around in karanas in complete isolation.

WHAT A BLAST HE'S HAVING!

Rogean
05-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Direct tears here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8047

khanable
05-24-2010, 07:54 AM
What about the other 9/10th, also you do realize not everyone is from the US right? Not everyone plays while Rogean feels like showing off his admin powahs.

But it's cool, go feel like a big guy in EC tunnel, just spare a thought for the new beginner running around in karanas in complete isolation.

That is how it was in classic.

If you cannot wrap your head around this, then just quit. Delete your account. Stop whining and bitching about it on the forum.

You've made it very clear, in multiple threads, that you are strongly against making this server as classic as possible.

Do you get on buses that are intended for one location and bitch and complain to try and get them to go somewhere else?

Do you frequently go to womens clothing stores and cry about them not having mens clothing?

I cannot understand how anyone knowingly signs up for a CLASSIC SERVER, and yet complains when CLASSIC FEATURES are implemented.

I for one am very happy to see EC return, and welcome it with open arms. Part of the Everquest feeling WAS the seclusion. Being a lone adventurer in an empty zone meant if you died, you were essentially fucked. Risk vs reward at its best.

Quit QQ'ing and move on if this server doesn't fit your needs.

Kerrik
05-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey KillerBladeImmortal...

Can I Have Your Stuff when you ragequit?

KillerBladeImmortal
05-24-2010, 08:55 AM

If you cannot wrap your head around this, then just quit. Delete your account. Stop whining and bitching about it on the forum.

You've made it very clear, in multiple threads, that you are strongly against making this server as classic as possible.

Do you get on buses that are intended for one location and bitch and complain to try and get them to go somewhere else?

Do you frequently go to womens clothing stores and cry about them not having mens clothing?

I cannot understand how anyone knowingly signs up for a CLASSIC SERVER, and yet complains when CLASSIC FEATURES are implemented.

I for one am very happy to see EC return, and welcome it with open arms. Part of the Everquest feeling WAS the seclusion. Being a lone adventurer in an empty zone meant if you died, you were essentially fucked. Risk vs reward at its best.

Quit QQ'ing and move on if this server doesn't fit your needs.

I'm not playing anymore, I moved on already.

Just because something was 'classic' doesn't equal awesomeness, classic was classic because there wasn't anything before it. Generally humans try to evolve for the better, not the worse. Going forward, not backwards etc...

Do you even realize that 90% of the zones are completely dead, doesnt matter if you're a lone adventurer, traveling, questing, tradeskilling, exploring WHATEVER...

IT'S COMPLETELY DEAD, YOU COULD HEAR A PLAT COIN DROP FROM ACROSS THE KARANAS.

Oh wait, we now have EC together with oasis, guk and solb. Sheer coolness awaits.

But enjoy it for what it is, a complete waste of time. But hey atleast you can sit afk in EC and feel all warm and fuzzy. Screw mass communication, we got seclusion dammit <3

Hey KillerBladeImmortal...

Can I Have Your Stuff when you ragequit?

No sorry, this server can't even motivate me enough to move my main to EC(which was dead quiet/boring/wasteland btw)

Pacman classic grand finals is on anyway, it's the bomb.

spoolie
05-24-2010, 09:04 AM
couldn't agree more immortal

Thac0
05-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Quit QQ'ing and move on if this server doesn't fit your needs.Duo Boxing was classic as well. Do you support that? Because no where in Original EQs server ToS did it say you could not. Only reason you didnt in Classic was because most people didnt have 2 machines to do so. Now most people do.

So logically if 50% of the population supported this change then they should have no reason to say NO to dual boxing (ironic since now that its harder to get groups you have to make your own..or maybe poetic coincidence).

Yinaltin
05-24-2010, 09:35 AM
it cant be explanied more in detail . this is Classic as it was 99 /00 with all pros and cons . the devs try to mirror THAT (CLASSIC !!!) experience . if you dont like it that way GET LOST . that easy . if you want to play with only the advantages and no disadvantages go make yourself an own server . noone is pushed to play on this FREE server . you cant stand the zone sitations as it was in classic and is now again ? then GET LOST . and if you already moved to another server why are you still bitching around ? make a cut and just go .

i still cant understand why ppl say they quit on this server (deleted their toons /gave away passwords etc) and still come back bitching around on the forums ? dont have a life ? if i dont care about something i dont post 20 times that i dont care . just lol ...

khanable
05-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Duo Boxing was classic as well. Do you support that? Because no where in Original EQs server ToS did it say you could not. Only reason you didnt in Classic was because most people didnt have 2 machines to do so. Now most people do.

So logically if 50% of the population supported this change then they should have no reason to say NO to dual boxing (ironic since now that its harder to get groups you have to make your own..or maybe poetic coincidence).

That has nothing to do with anything.

The fact is simple, they stated what they wanted to do with this server and what direction they were going with it. They said from the start, no boxing. They said from the start that they would work to get it as close to classic as possible.

If you joined up -knowing the above- then you really have no place to whine and bitch about any changes made that fit their original plan.

Malrubius
05-24-2010, 10:05 AM
you didnt in Classic

These are the most important words in your argument that boxing was classic. It wasn't. Boxing was VERY RARE in classic AS YOU SAID. :D

Today boxing would be VERY COMMON if it were allowed, thus it does not equate to classic at all.

Thank you, drive through.

Malrubius
05-24-2010, 10:11 AM
QQ

Can I have your stuff?

Dawgrin
05-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Had a BLAST in EC yesterday. I have to say that I have really enjoyed the last few weeks since i started on P99 and last night was the icing on the cake. I made the long journey from G-Fay to East Commons and I was so happy that I did.

EC brought back the whole spirit of classic EQ to me, with people helping one another and sharing good times last night. I am very glad this was put back in. And I am just counting the minutes til I can get back in tonight (darn work!)

Thank you Devs!

KillerBladeImmortal
05-24-2010, 10:14 AM
That has nothing to do with anything.

The fact is simple, they stated what they wanted to do with this server and what direction they were going with it. They said from the start, no boxing. They said from the start that they would work to get it as close to classic as possible.

If you joined up -knowing the above- then you really have no place to whine and bitch about any changes made that fit their original plan.

I joined up knowing this was going to be a classic server, I understand that things like boats might not be possible to make, but not having global ooc/auction that has to be the EASIEST thing to prevent or turn off.

So after months and months they turn it off, now claiming it's suddenly become classic?

HOLD ON, WAIT A MINUTE HERE. SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT MAN!!!

1+1=4?

It's been on for a reason you know.

To say hello, to ask questions, to exp, to group, to quest, to tradeskill, to sell, to buy, to chat, to have fun, to feel alive, to feel welcome, well pretty much everything that boost everquests gameplay, yet you take ALL that way just to be able to sit under a torch in a tunnel and feel good about old memories?

/ponders that's all

I'm actually trying real hard to find anything positive about this change.

Yinaltin
05-24-2010, 10:23 AM

dont bother anymore finding anything positive . you said you quit . relaxe and play elsewhere .

the end .

Thac0
05-24-2010, 10:34 AM
These are the most important words in your argument that boxing was classic. It wasn't. Boxing was VERY RARE in classic AS YOU SAID. :DVery rare dosen't mean it didnt happen. It did. In classic.

I suggest learning what words mean before you use them.

Thac0
05-24-2010, 10:39 AM
dont bother anymore finding anything positive . you said you quit . relaxe and play elsewhere .

the end .Some of us like the server enough to wonder if this change will drive people away. Those people playing late night? when the server pop is 300 or less? those guys may be pretty screwed by this change.

KillerBladeImmortal
05-24-2010, 10:48 AM
At first i was like "Let's check this EC tunnel out"

Logs on and finds 10 level 50's afk in the tunnel with no one chatting or selling.

Then i was like /quit.

Malrubius
05-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Very rare dosen't mean it didnt happen. It did. In classic.

I suggest learning what words mean before you use them.

Oh god. Which is closer to the very rare existence of boxing in classic?...

A - No boxing (for example, Project 1999).
B - Everybody boxing (for example, other emu servers).

Okay, now back to the global OOC tears.

Thac0
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh god. Which is closer to the very rare existence of boxing in classic?...

A - No boxing (for example, Project 1999).
B - Everybody boxing (for example, other emu servers).
C - Boxing allowed per classic but im choosing to ignore that point since it dismantles my argument

Okay, now back to the global OOC tears.fixed.

Malrubius
05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
fixed.

How is C different than B? Thought so.

Thac0
05-24-2010, 11:28 AM
How is C different than B? Thought so.The issue is we are not talking about what other servers are doing. We are talking about 2 places. Here and Live timeframe aprox 1 decade ago. Dont care what other servers do since they are not trying to emulate live a decade ago.

When those "other" servers start to emulate live from about a decade ago then you can use them as a guide line or use them to state your case. Untill then your statment has no room here.

Pretty easy train of thought to follow. Let me know if you need further clarification.

SpartanEQ
05-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I love it. Before this change, I had ooc turned off (after using /ignore over and over and over until I got tired of it) because it was just a scrolling debate for the same 10% of players who continually bring up the same things, beg for attention, bait others into arguments, spam random bs, etc. Turning off ooc works as many would suggest, but I shouldn't have to remove part of the game just to avoid the garbage. I didn't like it, but I didn't quit either.

I understand that if you are in Qeynos or some other out of the way location that it can be a pain having to traverse to EC just to hoc your stuff or see what's available to buy, but to get so angry and quit over it?

I'm sorry you got used to global, but you had to know it was coming, or at least know there was a good chance. It's been proposed for a long time that it would probably go bye-bye once the server population was large enough. As far as grouping goes, I put my LFG flag up and yeah I had to solo for a little while, but I got a group going eventually and it consisted of people scattered about 4 different zones.

From my perspective it's a good thing. I know that there are some that are more inconvenienced than others because of play-time, for example, but why not at least give it a week before so vehemently declaring it a failure? Take a step back for a minute and see yourself getting so angry over a game, any game for any reason. If you are, then maybe you should move on. I hope you don't though.

Packet
05-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Well my personal experience with eq classic was two boxing. I had a dual ISDN connection with two computers (big ole Cathode Ray Tube monitors) boxing a warrior and druid. At the time, boxing was indeed very scarce and if you had the money to pay $30 a month, then so be it. A lot of people played on dial-up and although I support dual boxing, I understand the need to keep things original.

I am 50/50 on the global OOC/Auction change. This server has more than enough people playing to make this change worth it but I think having global channels in place could really make everyone happy. An unfiltered, un-moderated channel would reduce the tear streams and help with flooding in the east freeport slums. I miss being able to ask the entire server as a whole for information without resulting to forum posting. Other than blatant spamming, OOC had its uses. I definitely support global channels.

KillerBladeImmortal
05-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I love it. Before this change, I had ooc turned off (after using /ignore over and over and over until I got tired of it) because it was just a scrolling debate for the same 10% of players who continually bring up the same things, beg for attention, bait others into arguments, spam random bs, etc. Turning off ooc works as many would suggest, but I shouldn't have to remove part of the game just to avoid the garbage. I didn't like it, but I didn't quit either.

I understand that if you are in Qeynos or some other out of the way location that it can be a pain having to traverse to EC just to hoc your stuff or see what's available to buy, but to get so angry and quit over it?

I'm sorry you got used to global, but you had to know it was coming, or at least know there was a good chance. It's been proposed for a long time that it would probably go bye-bye once the server population was large enough. As far as grouping goes, I put my LFG flag up and yeah I had to solo for a little while, but I got a group going eventually and it consisted of people scattered about 4 different zones.

From my perspective it's a good thing. I know that there are some that are more inconvenienced than others because of play-time, for example, but why not at least give it a week before so vehemently declaring it a failure? Take a step back for a minute and see yourself getting so angry over a game, any game for any reason. If you are, then maybe you should move on. I hope you don't though.

I can't help to see you didn't give any reasons for why it's any good, since you can turn off auction/ooc.

You only mention why it's actually bad. You can't group or interact with people as easy and this is a mmorpg we are talking about :s

SpartanEQ
05-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I can't help to see you didn't give any reasons for why it's any good, since you can turn off auction/ooc.

You only mention why it's actually bad. You can't group or interact with people as easy and this is a mmorpg we are talking about :s

I know I can turn it off. I did; now it's back on. For me, I have more interaction now than I did before since I did as you suggested when it was global. I grouped. I bought something. I interacted with people in tels, group, say, etc.

I'm not trying to change your mind. Hell, I may change mine a few weeks into the change. I'm just giving my perspective. A mmorpg doesn't have to be a giant chat room. Some are though; I get it. There are plenty of ways to communicate.

Packet
05-24-2010, 12:04 PM

In my opinion, EQ is based (or very similar to) on DnD rules. DnD focused on real world rules/physics such as being able to hear people, sounds or whispers from a distance. If you were 50ft away from a guard speaking to a citizen, you would very likely not be able to listen in on that conversation unless you had some sort of ability to do so. Although you can hardly say EQ is realistic, the concept of it has realistic properties that are incorporated in game-play to some degree. Again I reference DnD, when you're a player - imagine yourself as the character and how you would interact with other players (people) to build relationships. While you may not play EQ for that reason, it is my opinion that this is what it was designed to be by Verant. Become your character and role-play as if you were a person roaming the lands of Antonica. /Tells are a far stretch but they're necessary to make the game playable at this point.

What I am saying may be gibberish and nerdy crap to a lot of you but it makes perfect sense to me. Of course I am only stating my opinion and respect everyone else perspective and views. I like the idea of a means of global communication but I also support building community relations more than this.

Malrubius
05-24-2010, 12:24 PM
The issue is we are not talking about what other servers are doing. We are talking about 2 places. Here and Live timeframe aprox 1 decade ago. Dont care what other servers do since they are not trying to emulate live a decade ago.

When those "other" servers start to emulate live from about a decade ago then you can use them as a guide line or use them to state your case. Untill then your statment has no room here.

Pretty easy train of thought to follow. Let me know if you need further clarification.

'tis an easy train of thought to follow, but the train ain't moving.

You're saying that those "other" servers can't be used as a guide line regarding 2-boxing, because they are not trying to emulate live from about a decade ago. That is what you said.

Okay then, I'll bite. Why would 2-boxing on a classic EQ server be any less abused than 2-boxing on other servers. If all the servers being compared are free emu servers?

Packet
05-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Also I wanted to add a point. A lot of people fight for the "classic" feel of EQ but in reality they have grown accustomed to the newer features of EQ. Some innovations that have made EQ better are not classic at all. Let us not forget about linked items and when kunark comes out, the / commands for spending AA points. hehe :p

peersu
05-24-2010, 01:50 PM
I would just like to point out the awesome monk in the picture. He does look rather ill equipped though, so some people should probably help him find some Wu armor or something :-)

km2783
05-24-2010, 01:59 PM
In my opinion, EQ is based (or very similar to) on DnD rules

http://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/everquest-inspired-by-dd-campaign/

"How do you think it would feel if ten years from now, your EverQuest character was on the cover of one of the most successful games of all time? For Tony Garcia, the scenario posed by this question is a reality. Better known in the community as Vhalen, one of his characters from his childhood D&D campaign was Lucan D’Lere himself. What’s more, many locations from the world we call Norrath, was directly inspired by that same campaign."

"ZAM: Let’s jump into something that most players don’t know anything about: your D&D campaign growing up. We’ve been told, by an inside source, that it actually played a role in the creation of EverQuest and EverQuest II lore. Can you elaborate?

Tony: It was when I first started working at 989 that I delved through the foundation lore and found it quite interesting to discover that a number of the locations and personalities were quite familiar to me. Sprinkled all throughout the world were parts of a few D&D campaigns that we ran during Junior High and up. Notable names like Mayong, Lucan and Opal were there as well as more obscure ones such as Father Estle, Beek Guinders and Zazoo. They, along with numerous others, brought back great memories that could not ever be revisited. But here they were, immortalized in a new world where some would take prominent roles and have a chance to face the challenges of hundreds of thousands of pc gamers. Some of the relationships and events from our pen and paper days would inspire Norrathian events. Included among them was the never revealed link between _a_o_ ___t__o__ and __c__ ___e__."

At the very least they were DnD gamers at some point.

President
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
By 1AM EST last night there were only 15 level 15+ in EC tunnel and only a handful selling items. To the forums we go!

Elendae
05-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Guess everyone will just have to adapt.

Kainzo
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
EQ was a product of AD&D ruleset and M:TG.

Packet
05-24-2010, 02:49 PM
http://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/everquest-inspired-by-dd-campaign/

"How do you think it would feel if ten years from now, your EverQuest character was on the cover of one of the most successful games of all time? For Tony Garcia, the scenario posed by this question is a reality. Better known in the community as Vhalen, one of his characters from his childhood D&D campaign was Lucan D’Lere himself. What’s more, many locations from the world we call Norrath, was directly inspired by that same campaign."

"ZAM: Let’s jump into something that most players don’t know anything about: your D&D campaign growing up. We’ve been told, by an inside source, that it actually played a role in the creation of EverQuest and EverQuest II lore. Can you elaborate?

Tony: It was when I first started working at 989 that I delved through the foundation lore and found it quite interesting to discover that a number of the locations and personalities were quite familiar to me. Sprinkled all throughout the world were parts of a few D&D campaigns that we ran during Junior High and up. Notable names like Mayong, Lucan and Opal were there as well as more obscure ones such as Father Estle, Beek Guinders and Zazoo. They, along with numerous others, brought back great memories that could not ever be revisited. But here they were, immortalized in a new world where some would take prominent roles and have a chance to face the challenges of hundreds of thousands of pc gamers. Some of the relationships and events from our pen and paper days would inspire Norrathian events. Included among them was the never revealed link between _a_o_ ___t__o__ and __c__ ___e__."

That's very cool that you found that. Through my experience in EQ starting in 1999, I always felt the D&D influence. But this really nails my point on the head.

nilbog
05-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Through my experience in EQ starting in 1999, I always felt the D&D influence.

Couple of patches ago, I added the trap evil eyes that would burst into gas spores. I do believe this was taken directly from d&d.
http://www.toplessrobot.com/gas%20spore.jpg

km2783
05-24-2010, 03:05 PM
I originally made a Cleric in 1999 because in D&D they were ultra bad-ass. Second best melee fighter and plate armor, wicked spells.

I was disappointed by lvl 20 :D

Packet
05-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Nillbog, dang man. You're right! The things that reminded me the most of D&D are the racial traits, concept and description of classes. Btw, sorry if I derailed the topic everyone. You can resume venting frustration!

raff01
05-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I did.

umad?

/delete everquest imo

Just quit the fuck mate. Go play WoW or some other shit or even live really.
This community really doesn't need crybabies like you

Phorest
05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
There's Me (Phorest!) right in the middle !

mistersuits
05-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Though I have no empirical evidence to support my claim, the game feels less fun, less connected, without the /ooc and /auction global channels.

Maybe it's just because I had separate chat windows for both, but I never had issues with the spammer and /ooc definitely streamlined my group finding and question answering in the limited amount of playing time I had.

Packet
05-25-2010, 09:36 AM
There is a solution and there are already a lot of people in it. Join the IRC channel #project1999 and you could replace OOC with that.

bionicbadger
05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
By 1AM EST last night there were only 15 level 15+ in EC tunnel and only a handful selling items. To the forums we go!

There were a bunch of level 1 alts in freeport selling junk before. Its no different.

Malrubius
05-25-2010, 10:31 AM
There were a bunch of level 1 alts in freeport selling junk before. Its no different.

Yeah, I don't see any difference between the old crowd in NFP and the new crowd in the EC tunnel. Same names, same alts, same mains.

On average, there appear to be a lot more people in EC tunnel though.

guineapig
05-25-2010, 10:52 AM
By the way there were 91 people in EC last night.

:)

AR3151
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM

thats what im going to be doing, takes too long to move from a camp i have my mage parked at.

Tudana
05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I joined up knowing this was going to be a classic server, I understand that things like boats might not be possible to make, but not having global ooc/auction that has to be the EASIEST thing to prevent or turn off.

So after months and months they turn it off, now claiming it's suddenly become classic?

HOLD ON, WAIT A MINUTE HERE. SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT MAN!!!

1+1=4?

It's been on for a reason you know.

To say hello, to ask questions, to exp, to group, to quest, to tradeskill, to sell, to buy, to chat, to have fun, to feel alive, to feel welcome, well pretty much everything that boost everquests gameplay, yet you take ALL that way just to be able to sit under a torch in a tunnel and feel good about old memories?

/ponders that's all

you still here?

Kainzo
05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
you still here?

I'm glad they ban morons like that.

Too many stupid people go unpunished.

Pedens
05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
its classic and I'm loving it.

Sslaesha
05-25-2010, 02:12 PM
This is seriously amazing. Thank you, Rogean, for keeping it classic. I still can't believe the vote was as close as it was.

BTW - Hi Ellena (You're like the focus of attention in Rogean's screenshot) :D

Ellena
05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
ohheyyy! I didn't even notice that. :D. love the EC tunnel being back!

to0p
05-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Its Elle!

mixxit
05-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783
http://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/2...y-dd-campaign/

That's very cool that you found that. Through my experience in EQ starting in 1999, I always felt the D&D influence. But this really nails my point on the head.

That's totally my website <3

mixxit
05-28-2010, 12:52 AM
_a_o_ ___t__o__ and __c__ ___e__

is mayong mistmoore and lucan delere btw :-)

twizztid
05-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Haha, I took a break for about a week just for work and stuff, came back, and there it was, a picture, I thought I would never see again. It was beautiful. The eastern commonlands was once more.

*Goosebumps*/tear

Oh also, Rinna ( or w/e her name was ) to tunnel :O haha

Kraft
06-23-2010, 06:52 PM
That is one of the single greatest screen shots I have ever seen!! I am installing the game right now and cannot wait to jump on.

bluejam
07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I can't believe some of the comments in this thread. What do you expect with 300-800 people on at the respective peak times? There're just not enough players to amass 200+ numbers in EC.
The top guilds are AFK-camping (of course), lots and lots of players are still leveling their mains or resort to alternate characters.
Either way, every time I ran through EC at peak times there was a ton of auctioning going on.

Fromage
05-02-2013, 01:42 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=65641&postcount=56http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=65641&postcount=56

Rhambuk
05-02-2013, 07:22 AM
look at how empty the tunnel used to be! the server has come a long way

EnnoiaII
05-02-2013, 09:42 AM
At least 3 people in this screenshot are undeniably guilty of RMT.

DarkwingDuck
08-24-2013, 01:17 AM

Haha
What a pussy

Pyrocat
08-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Lol at above poster who got banned.

The tunnel is my home.
Luclin came with the Bazaar and I quit EQ.

It's always been a comforting sight. I like the idea of a desert market.

Kohedron
08-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Lol at above poster who got banned.

The tunnel is my home.
Luclin came with the Bazaar and I quit EQ.

I didn't mind the bazaar at first.

It really sank in when PoP came out, and I made a new character and I was literally the only person in EC.

It was unbelievable

JickFromTholuxe
11-10-2013, 07:20 AM
It really sank in when PoP came out, and I made a new character and I was literally the only person in EC.

The Bazaar was introduced in Luclin and about a week after it was released the EC tunnel was permanently barren. :-/

Degen55
12-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I played on Drinal server and our trading spot was Gfay @ Kelethin bank. Made sense because Gfay was a huge zone with a spot to port into and the bank was very helpful in making trades. When I heard most servers had their spot in EC I was like ??? Theres no bank there, on our server that tunnel was pretty empty just used for zoning back and forth.

nndiro
12-10-2013, 12:57 PM
I played on Drinal server and our trading spot was Gfay @ Kelethin bank. Made sense because Gfay was a huge zone with a spot to port into and the bank was very helpful in making trades. When I heard most servers had their spot in EC I was like ??? Theres no bank there, on our server that tunnel was pretty empty just used for zoning back and forth.

nos classic :P

Aprisle
12-11-2013, 03:03 AM
looks like Cazic-Thule

Langrisserx
12-11-2013, 03:32 AM
the center of the RMT scene... ban EC!!

Castigate
12-11-2013, 04:25 AM
It was the same on the Solusek Ro server, Kelethin was always packed with people buying and selling stuff. Even now it still feels weird having Gfay so empty all the time, and it makes the Kelethin music feel a lot more depressing than I remembered it.

Dunes
12-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Gfay is just so much more remote and there are no evil races that call Faydwer home (so banking wouldn't work for them). EC is just one zone off WC which has both ports as well, and within 5 zones there are 6 cities (not including anything requiring the boat).

EC tunnel is also not in the way of noobies or those going about their business around a city, has no pathing mobs, and architecturally has large meeting spaces where players naturally congregate. Distinguishable landmarks, like tunnel entrance, T1, T2, etc make for an intuitive means of linking buyers and sellers.

Not to say that any other way was wrong, but EC tunnel makes a lot of sense!

Triangle
12-11-2013, 11:41 PM
I have always hated that ec was the place to conduct buying/selling on this server. On my live server it was NFP which infinitely better. Bank was right there. Can use bank even if you are kos by camera-panning around the wall. Lower lvl guards that iksar and human monks would keep killed. Didn't need to run from nfp/neriak to ec at a snails pace.... Ah well, wishful thinking I guess

BlkCamel
12-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Click to view full size image.

Http://www.rogean.com/images/p99ec2tb.png (Http://www.rogean.com/images/p99ec2.png)

All this needs is a beach chair, legs sticking out, and a Corona.:D

ninjagranny
01-26-2014, 03:20 PM
As a relative newbie to 1999 I made the trip to EC without actually realising it was "new" as at long last I have a sheckel or two and needed to be able to hit ghouls etc.

What I mean is that on a serve that is advertised as classic - its where most people will go to buy stuff ..

It was stacked full of people selling low to high although quoting wiki prices was a bit silly :) . Prices are what people pay for em not what an external website says BUT thats another matter .

It reminded me of Cazic Back in the day and I can now fight ghouls and kick em !

Aprisle
01-31-2014, 12:33 AM
lol what server? blue?