PDA

View Full Version : Project 1999 Red (PvP): The Ruins of Kunark Release Date

nilbog
08-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Greetings, Citizens!

The time for Kunark PvP has arrived. The release date is slated for August 17th, 2012.

There will be an active event running which will unlock Kunark zones; a dynamic scavenger hunt. This event will begin some time on August 17th.

Depending on how quickly the necessary steps of this quest are completed will determine exactly when Kunark will become available. It is possible the event may be completed within the first night, but will likely persist until the following day. The quest npcs involved in this event will reward era-appropriate items. Regardless of your level, useful rewards are possible on turn-ins. Everyone is encouraged to participate!

There will be serverwide messages throughout the evening keeping everyone up to date on the progression of the live quest, as well as when Kunark opens. The opening of the zones will coincide with the level cap being raised to 60 as well as the ability to create Iksars. This will all happen without a server patch.

In preparation and celebration of Kunark, a 50% experience bonus will be applied a week before release and last until a week after (August 10th-24th). If you have shelved a character prior to obtaining 50, the next few weeks will be a good time to level up. If you have considered joining the PvP server, but feel late to the party, Kunark is a great chance to start a new life as an Iksar.

I hope to see the Field of Bone full of Iksars. Good luck!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2u8hy5u.jpg

Tr0llb0rn
08-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Thrive Time

Advisor
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM
HELL YES

Ticklemered
08-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Yay!

Lagaidh
08-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I know a certain score or two of players for whom this is awesome news!

wigginz
08-02-2012, 12:13 PM
< Vae Victis > Is Recruiting. Lets do Kutark big.

Graahle
08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm standing on end right now if you catch my drift.

Supreme
08-02-2012, 12:36 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/250/1/8/omg_i_came_by_madmetroid-d2y8cva.jpg

Zallar
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Brotherhood has re-opened recruiting! Send a tell to Zeler in game.

Dullah
08-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Thrivin' hard.

mindsculptor
08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
who is ready to fight over frogs?

Durk
08-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Can't wait! See you all in Kubark!

Atmas
08-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Is misspelling Kuhark a thing now?

Llabak
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Is that 50% above and beyond the already increased XP? :D

planeofdreams
08-02-2012, 05:43 PM
This is cool, thanks for the work devs

SamwiseBanned
08-02-2012, 06:09 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/250/1/8/omg_i_came_by_madmetroid-d2y8cva.jpg

bahahaahaa

Taluvill
08-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Hey there pals. I'm coming back to kill you all. Just FYI

mourning
08-03-2012, 01:09 AM
this is a momentous occasion folks. me and da crew gonna be back for dis one!!!!!!

falkun
08-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Not to sideline the conversation, but is this when we can expect Nilbog's blue changes as well?
Reference:
Nilbog says: This is part of my upcoming raid/spawn proposal. I want every patch to zero all respawn timers. If this is integrated, the rules will be rewritten to reflect.

Rogean
08-03-2012, 03:44 PM
The event being used will be the same that the blue server experienced. Since many players on the red server were around at that time, and many are not, I think it is fair to explain some of the details surrounding the event.

The event is a scavenger hunt with 5 camps located in Everfrost, Lavastorm, Feerrott, Greater Faydark, and South Karana. Each camp has a set of items that must be gathered from mobs in the surrounding zones and turned in. Server messages will automatically go off as milestones are reached within the objectives which includes the current progress and the names of the latest contributors.

When all the objectives for every camp are completed, the event will progress into the next stage where a mini boss will need to be killed at each camp. Once all 5 bosses are dead, Kunark will open.

The event was designed for the blue server when we had a population over 1k. We have decided to keep the event as it is, knowing that it may end up taking much longer, possibly into the next night. This should encourage a lot of fun pvp all around the server, or possibly alliances formed with the objective to open the expansion sooner. I'll leave it up to you guys :). The good thing is that players of all levels can help with the event.

Kunark opening is automatic. Boats will start running, port spells will be purchasable, any necessarily changes will happen without a server restart.

I will probably be streaming the event on my twitch channel ( http://www.twitch.tv/rogean ), so feel free to watch and listen there. (I also stream swtor at nights if you want to join and chat with me/watch).

We are also discussing further changes to the pvp server at the following thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=698071#post698071

quido
08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I believe in the event, the first handin a player did got them a completely random item. The first head I handed in got me a completely trash item, and all subsequent handins didn't get me anything, but I heard of a few people getting Rubicite and other stuff that wasn't so bad.

Knuckle
08-04-2012, 12:52 AM
wipe then release for best pop.

kingsBlend
08-04-2012, 12:55 AM
I will probably be streaming the event on my twitch channel ( http://www.twitch.tv/rogean ), so feel free to watch and listen there. (I also stream swtor at nights if you want to join and chat with me/watch).

Rogean
08-04-2012, 06:21 AM

wut

mindsculptor
08-04-2012, 04:12 PM
On blue kunark outdoor dragons were not in game for a while after kunark launch and VP came much later as well. Will this be the case on red?

Zallar
08-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Red is following the same event timeline as blue, however, it's an accelerated timeline. I think the goal is to catch red up with the blue timeline so by the time Velious is ready for release it will open on both servers at once.

So the outdoor dragons and VP will be delayed on red, but not as long as they were delayed on blue.

mindsculptor
08-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Red is following the same event timeline as blue, however, it's an accelerated timeline. I think the goal is to catch red up with the blue timeline so by the time Velious is ready for release it will open on both servers at once.

So the outdoor dragons and VP will be delayed on red, but not as long as they were delayed on blue.

I was under impression these were released late b/c they needed more work by the devs, but i take it that it is classic for them to come later than the release of kunark?

nilbog
08-05-2012, 02:57 PM
On blue kunark outdoor dragons were not in game for a while after kunark launch and VP came much later as well. Will this be the case on red?

Kunark dragons weren't in with the release of Kunark. Those were delayed per timeline.

As far as VP, it was delayed because it wasn't finished, then further delayed due to extenuating circumstances.

VP should be in with release, and dragons should come shortly after.

nilbog
08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I believe in the event, the first handin a player did got them a completely random item. The first head I handed in got me a completely trash item, and all subsequent handins didn't get me anything, but I heard of a few people getting Rubicite and other stuff that wasn't so bad.

This is not the way the quests are written. I imagine it was pure RNG that it happened that way. Each turn-in yields a possibility of reward.

Lazortag
08-05-2012, 03:04 PM
What about binding in Timorous Deep? Binding in raid zones is disabled on the red server, but in classic you could bind in TD for a few days after Kunark was released. Will binding in TD be allowed?

nilbog
08-05-2012, 03:12 PM
What about binding in Timorous Deep? Binding in raid zones is disabled on the red server, but in classic you could bind in TD for a few days after Kunark was released. Will binding in TD be allowed?

All limited-time Kunark goodies should be available on release.

Zereh
08-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Are we gaining the ability to duck and interrupt casts w/ Kunark?

Purdee
08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
what kind of rewards are we talking here, guises and such or anything like that?

Zereh
08-05-2012, 05:20 PM
what kind of rewards are we talking here, guises and such or anything like that?

From the wiki: GM Event / Kunark Launch on Blue (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Players:GM_Events#Kunark_Launch_Scavenger_Hunt)

Guise of the Deceiver
Box of Abu-Kar
Manastone
Rubicite Breastplate
Glimmer Ring (1 charge of instant right-click Gate)
Staff of Forbidden Rites
Scimitar of the Mistwalker
Thex Dagger

nilbog
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Are we gaining the ability to duck and interrupt casts w/ Kunark?

Not if I have anything to say about it. Classically, this didn't work until June 2001 (halfway through Velious).

I am contemplating adding a 1 in 500 chance or something for a Golden Ticket™ type item, which could be turned in for a Guise or Manastone. The items that are in the reward array are useful or valuable, though....ranging from rubicite pieces to Ring of the Ancients, etc.

nilbog
08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
From the wiki: GM Event / Kunark Launch on Blue (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Players:GM_Events#Kunark_Launch_Scavenger_Hunt)

Guise of the Deceiver
Box of Abu-Kar
Manastone
Rubicite Breastplate
Glimmer Ring (1 charge of instant right-click Gate)
Staff of Forbidden Rites
Scimitar of the Mistwalker
Thex Dagger

This was a different system than the event rewards from quest npcs. It was a general % drop from blue npcs within exp level. It will not be running this time around.

Purdee
08-05-2012, 05:34 PM
thanks for clarifying Nilbog

Zereh
08-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Not if I have anything to say about it. Classically, this didn't work until June 2001 (halfway through Velious).

This makes me a sad cleric, but thanks for the heads up.

I am contemplating adding a 1 in 500 chance or something for a Golden Ticket™ type item, which could be turned in for a Guise or Manastone. The items that are in the reward array are useful or valuable, though....ranging from rubicite pieces to Ring of the Ancients, etc.

Good stuff.

And thanks Nilbog (& Co)!! Can't wait until the 17th. =)

mindsculptor
08-06-2012, 09:51 PM
I assume jewlcrafting skill caps will increase along with skill cap increases like picklock?

Dullah
08-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the work Nilbog and crew.

Yes, does JC go up with kunark, or are trades raised just after?

Cars
08-08-2012, 05:52 PM
This was a different system than the event rewards from quest npcs. It was a general % drop from blue npcs within exp level. It will not be running this time around.

Nooooooooo! So only the kunark event turn ins will reward Legacy items then right?

Cars
08-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I have no idea why people keep making new threads about things that should be changed on the server when it says to discuss it here. Rogean and Nilbog want reason's WHY features should be added so they can guage the pro's and con's and make the RIGHT decision so they don't cause another mass exodus from the server (believe it or not, they want it to succeed too). So after reading pretty much everything in the red forums, lets make a list and hash this out.

Global OOC
Pros:
- Player support (newbie questions, finding groups) - Which also leads to a wider spread of classes when group classes can actually find one.
- Ability to sell goods in game

Cons:
- Uncontrollabe offensive language

Solution: Keep OOC as the pro's clearly outweigh the cons. If the server reaches a population where goods can be sold or groups can be found without it, discuss change then.

Teams

I'm not going to list the pro's and cons of this one because quite frankly, players of all different races have already made guilds and joined their teams. Not easily applied, if even at all and a huge headache for admins if a solution is available.

PvP Exp Loss
Pros:
- Hinders people from bind rushing
- The only penalty for a bard at pvp death.

Cons:
- Discourages PvP due to the time lost gaining back exp.
- Allows griefing of players aka bind camping/corpse camping

Solution: I personally think that the con's outweigh the pro's with this one, the griefing from being bind rushed is not nearly as bad as corpse or bind camped and with exp loss removed you would see people compete for the contested mobs, even against unlikely odds. So remove exp loss as their are other less detrimental ways of stopping bind rushing.

Yellow Text (with location) and Leaderboards
Pros;
- Encourages pvp.
- Public acknowledgement of pvp skill.
- Stat tracking and scorekeeping is p. cool.

Cons:
- not classic? *needs citation*
- Encourages griefing (Bind/Corpse camping for stats, Twinks in newbie areas, etc etc)

Solution: Leaderboards and yellow text go hand in hand and the way I look at it is like this; If you impliment both yellow text WITH LOCATION and a leaderboard you are just turning an EQ server into an arena with no other purpose. If you impliment Yellow text WITHOUT LOCATION and a leaderboard you can still have a classic experience without being hunted every time you are forced to defend yourself (players can still /tell or participate in the community in general to know where players hang out etc etc to determine their locations. Its really not that hard). Flame this solution but I think if you want a leaderboard, yellow text can not show location.

Item Loot

If you think losing half a blue bub of experience deters people from pvping, wait until people start losing items they camped for hours or raid items that drop once every 2 months. Server Killer, avoid at all costs, classic or not.

Dullah
08-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Suggestion - Classic Resists.

Pros:
- the system worked.

Cons:
- none

Cons to current system:
- getting CC'd at 120mr.
- having to sacrifice all stats/saves for mr
- having no dps on melee due to mr gear in every slot