PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice for a three person group

Breeziyo
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I managed to convince some friends of mine to give Everquest a shot with P1999 and I'm wondering what I should play that would compliment them. One says that he wants to be a Necromancer and the other hasn't decided on what he wants to play, but he said he likes healing. What could go well with a Necromancer and a priest class? I was thinking Monk or some sort of tank, but maybe something else would compliment them better? We would all be barebones characters starting out, save for a small bit of platinum I have saved for their spells.

Hamahakki
08-01-2012, 04:12 PM
As a trio, probably Necro/Shaman/Monk.

If you want to do 6 man groups with others, do Cleric/Enchanter/Warrior

Breeziyo
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks, I had thought shaman/monk might be good classes for it.

Houdiny
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
You could do SK, Shaman, Druid. Pull with SK slow and dot with Shaman and port/dps/spot heals with druid

falkun
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
If the other two classes are casters, don't be a melee unless you want to group. A mage, shaman, or enchanter is going to benefit that trio a lot more than a monk or plate melee will (unless you are trying to form the basis for a group, then tank + healer is king).

Trio only: 3 casters
Trio to form group: healer + tank.

Alternatively, enc + cleric is 2/3 of the "holy trinity", and can do well with necro as a trio as well.

Fazlazen
08-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Monk ench cleric. Monk dps tanks and pull, ench dps slows cc, cleric heals. There is not a more efficient trio for lvling or farming. You can swap the monk for a sk, which has lower dps, takes more dmg, has more hp and pulls better then monk in most situations.

Etris
08-01-2012, 04:47 PM
You guys looking for a 4th? I'm looking for a group of noobs to start with.

Although - I'm only around for 25 days.......

East Coast Time

Vicatin
08-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Monk ench cleric. Monk dps tanks and pull, ench dps slows cc, cleric heals. There is not a more efficient trio for lvling or farming. You can swap the monk for a sk, which has lower dps, takes more dmg, has more hp and pulls better then monk in most situations.

This is a great trio.

Danyelle
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
If the other two classes are casters, don't be a melee unless you want to group. A mage, shaman, or enchanter is going to benefit that trio a lot more than a monk or plate melee will (unless you are trying to form the basis for a group, then tank + healer is king).

Trio only: 3 casters
Trio to form group: healer + tank.

Alternatively, enc + cleric is 2/3 of the "holy trinity", and can do well with necro as a trio as well.

THIS

Mage and Necro are an amazing duo as it is. Throw a shaman into the mix and you may have to change all your surnames to "Incomingrape".

godbox
08-02-2012, 11:22 AM
sham necro + anything is best trio
"holy trinity" cleric ench war is really only for building a full group around not handeling whatevers clever on your own and espescially since wars are the most expensive and most important class to twink (just imo)

Snagglepuss
08-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Incomin' Grape!