PDA

View Full Version : Path to Exile

Massive Marc
07-31-2012, 11:01 AM
New ARPG being developed. One mode stood out among the rest, that I feel some of the community might be interested in:

Cut-throat
The cut-throat leagues appeal to the niche of players who demand the most hardcore gaming experience possible. In this mode, all world areas are public, with full PvP enabled by default. Slain characters drop all their items upon death. This game mode can also be combined with Hardcore to create an even more unforgiving world.

Could be fun. Looks like you can combine Hardcore with Cut-throat for a "Discord Server" type feel. Note: Hardcore isn't permadeath like in Diablo 3, instead you respawn in the normal mode and no longer can play in Hardcore.

Anyone planning on trying this ?

HeallunRumblebelly
08-01-2012, 06:31 PM
New ARPG being developed. One mode stood out among the rest, that I feel some of the community might be interested in:

Could be fun. Looks like you can combine Hardcore with Cut-throat for a "Discord Server" type feel. Note: Hardcore isn't permadeath like in Diablo 3, instead you respawn in the normal mode and no longer can play in Hardcore.

Anyone planning on trying this ?

I've played the beta weekends, thinking about the 10$ beta purchase. Shit's fun, but it seems like doing off-builds are tough to start out with.

stavio
08-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I was accepted in the beta awhile back. But just now getting to play it a little (was in a moving process). Its pretty fun, I enjoy it alot better then diablo 3.

Some cons for me:
Huge skill tree
Gem system
Graphics
Music!!

Only con I can think of is with the attacking system, kinda hard to explain but lets say you use a melee special attack at a target that is out of your range if that target moves out of the area you used the special attack at on the target it will go to the location you used the special instead of following the monster. Hope that makes sense