PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Rharzar Pathing

mwatt
07-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Rharzar paths through the Giant area on P99. I'm fairly certain this was not the case on live during the classic time frame. I posted a link to try and gather evidence in the normal forums. Mostly what I got was people's "recollections". Not all that trustworthy, typically. However in this case, the response was unanimous - we believe his current pathing to be incorrect.

I did find some information from 2002 that speaks to where he spawns and hangs out in that time frame back on Live. 2002 is after our current time frame it is true. However, the only time I could find talk of moving Rharzar was during the Rathe Mtn revamp with the advent of the Frogloks. So it could be argued that from the point the SK Epic 1.0 was introduced, until the time of the Rathe Mtns redo, he was spawning and pathing per the 2002 information I found.

Here is the link to the discussion in the main forum which contains a link (on page 3) to the 2002 Rharzar information I am referring to. Please also note the emphatic asserions of the players who believe that his presence in the HG area is incorrect.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79772

Thank you, whatever you decide. Great game, great resurrection of said game. We are all deep in your debt.

Hollywood
08-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Bump and agreed.

Currently Rharzar is pathing around the giant hill - literally, and he goes both ways (insert bisexual joke).

This was not how it was back in the day.

I had to think hard about this because the fact he paths around giant hill makes it more difficult or risky to pull giants down from the hill and fight them in the open - away from other giants which of course is the risk of fighting ON the hill.

Logically it seems pathing him that way is appropriate- but still, it wasn't like that.

TyranyT
08-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Rharzar has owned me many of times while afk medding at hill giants. Not sure how he ppathed on live but i do know that, this guy is extremely hard to watch out for without track ..he blends in with the green-ness of the zoner and before you know it makes you go splat!!!!

Vladesch
08-11-2012, 07:24 AM
I used to spend many hours in hill giant area on live and I had never heard of this mob.

kaev
10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Rarely hunted HGs in classic era, but (much) later in LoY era Rharzar certainly pathed pretty much as he does here, and I never heard anybody mention things being different. The main difference on live was the frequent server resets, I don't ever remember him being up after reset, while here server resets are rare so he doesn't get despawned. Even so, the trick is to not kill the drake that is his PH when he's not up.

seanidor
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I used to hunt the hill giants back in the velious/luclin era with my paladin to make money. I think I hunted them for about 150 hours overall. The only thing I had to watch out for in the hill giant area was Broog Bloodbeard, he killed me a few times. The couple times that I ever ran into Rharzar was when I got lost and ran into the drake area. The second I would see a couple drakes I knew it meant instant death if Rharzar saw me, which he usually did of course.

Vladesch
10-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Rarely hunted HGs in classic era, but (much) later in LoY era Rharzar certainly pathed pretty much as he does here, and I never heard anybody mention things being different. The main difference on live was the frequent server resets, I don't ever remember him being up after reset, while here server resets are rare so he doesn't get despawned. Even so, the trick is to not kill the drake that is his PH when he's not up.

I heard a theory that his behaviour was changed with LOY which I believe was when they introduced the froglok player race which necessitated changes to RM zone.

Unless you actually have tested it out I don't believe he has a drake PH, and rather that he appears on reset, since I have gone to RM many times over the last few month and he has been up every time.

I really wish they would fix this up because it is a good way to get some coin solo in your 30's-40's. I'd go so far as to say that this has a profound effect on the server's economy.

nilbog
11-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Changed, pending update.

https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87024