PDA

View Full Version : Low level proc'ing weapons?

Robben
07-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Is there a list of warrior usable weapons that proc at around 25 or earlier?

I used the search, albeit not properly.

Thanks

bizzum
07-28-2012, 09:26 PM
obisidan shard
smoldering brand

Heavydrop
07-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Is there a list of warrior usable weapons that proc at around 25 or earlier?

Tentacle Whip
Crookstinger (name of mob and knife)

I don't know when they proc but I know it is very low level, especially the
Tentacle Whip

Barkingturtle
07-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Tentacle Whip, Crookstinger and Smoldering Brand all proc at level one.

Obsidian Shard is level 15 or 16.

Robben
07-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks!

Vermicelli
07-30-2012, 06:22 AM
Polished Granite Tomahawk proc's at L10. It is a 50 damage Rune with small AoE threat generation. Unless they fixed it, it is also beautiful for soloing, because when you get hit by a mob while the rune is up, you get healed that amount of damage. I would attack light blues instead of sitting to heal until level 20 or so.

Heavydrop
09-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Polished Granite Tomahawk proc's at L10

Plus it has a sweet graphic
;)

Splorf22
09-30-2012, 05:31 PM
My recommendation to all noob warriors is the Staff of Battle. You can buy it for 1k and it has a ratio of 31/37. Generally speaking any time a weapon has both WAR and MNK on it its great for the Warrior :D This ratio compares rather favorably to the 6/25 of an obsidian shard.

Basically I think it makes more sense to gear for dps at lower levels. Suppose you have 100 dex (untwinked). Then your two obsidian shards will fire 3*100/255 = 1x per minute. In the mean time the rogue who bought his epic mq will have killed 3 mobs.

Warriors are to me the absolute most gear dependent class in EQ. You need good weapons, good stats, and good AC (or you can be like me and play Iksar and get none of the above).

BigSlip
09-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Polished Granite Tomahawk proc's at L10. It is a 50 damage Rune with small AoE threat generation.

LOL

small aoe threat generation

LOL

you mean will increase aggro to anything that has aggro on you before the proc?

Its not a aoe threat spell. Thanks for lulz.

Dantes
09-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Whip of Strangulation - level 10

Treats
09-30-2012, 11:21 PM
LOL

small aoe threat generation

LOL

you mean will increase aggro to anything that has aggro on you before the proc?

Its not a aoe threat spell. Thanks for lulz.

Actually it is for anything you have aggro on since you're proccing a Rune on yourself....

pharmakos
10-01-2012, 04:48 AM
^^^ PGT definitely produces a good amount of agro, and its a great weapon for a warrior that is just starting out.

but people on P99 are so generous that any noob warrior will probably have a better weapon simply handed to him at some point.

My recommendation to all noob warriors is the Staff of Battle. You can buy it for 1k and it has a ratio of 31/37.

there's a damage cap in place until you hit level 20, if memory serves it caps at 28 damage per swing (essentially making that Staff of Battle a 14/37, i think)

Dantes
10-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Rune proc heal was fixed? Too bad, Axe of the Slayers was a good solo weapon for that reason too. Now that Kunark is out, it's a piece of crap. Staff of Battle is great, but it's much better after your damage is not capped. There's not really a weapon with a decent ratio that has a good aggro proc under level 37 when most ykesha weapons proc. You either need to gimp your DPS with a set of Obsidian Shards or equip two weapons with the best ratio and hope for the best.

Either way, you'll probably disappoint most groups with your aggro abilities until you reach your 40s anyway.

Splorf22
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah I guess it wasn't clear, but basically my point was by the time obsidian shards start to proc the Staff of Battle will be uncapped and way more DPS. So just use something like a sword of skyfire 1-19, then Staff of Battle to 46, then go Sarnak Warhammer/Silken Whip like everyone else (or optionally use the Yak clubs 40-45).

It's basically the same set of weapons for a twink or a noob :D

runlvlzero
10-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Pretty much agree with splorf but for agro you dont even need anything better then yaks unless your raid tanking. Better stuff makes it easier. But yaks are classic ;p

Probably just start with staff of battle if you can ) I imagine on blue their fairly cheep and common. (on live you could get them for under 1k) Sword fo skyfire going like 100p

Xaeophi
10-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Low level proc weapons? I went with dual lammis from level 12- i think 38 then switched to the short sword of ykesha then club ^_^.. Sarnak warhammer when level permits then use them until ya get in the 50s and buy yourself a ringed mace of ykesha and try and get yourself a skean from steamfont.

Dantes
10-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah I guess it wasn't clear, but basically my point was by the time obsidian shards start to proc the Staff of Battle will be uncapped and way more DPS. So just use something like a sword of skyfire 1-19, then Staff of Battle to 46, then go Sarnak Warhammer/Silken Whip like everyone else (or optionally use the Yak clubs 40-45).

It's basically the same set of weapons for a twink or a noob :D

Damage cap is gone somewhere in the mid 20s, Obsidian Shards proc at 16. But still, they're pretty craptastic. The problem is that if you just use high damage Kunark weapons in a group instead of proc weapons, so will the rogues, rangers, monks... They all have access to those weapons too. And they're gonna die or soak up the healer's mana like little bitches. But it's a moot point, any good Warrior should have several weapons - for DPS and aggro.

Xaeophi
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
*blinks*..
I had dual lammis til 38.. Never lost aggro unless the monk had a runed fighters staff.
or a rogue with an epic past 40s :).
if they get hit.. its their own fault for not fd/evading :)
SSOY 38-46, switch to sarnak battlehammer and ssoy 50+ rmoy. GG.

Dantes
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Ok then, a non-twinked Warrior might find low level proc weapons useful.

Splorf22
10-10-2012, 01:45 PM
*blinks*..
I had dual lammis til 38.. Never lost aggro unless the monk had a runed fighters staff.
or a rogue with an epic past 40s :).
if they get hit.. its their own fault for not fd/evading :)
SSOY 38-46, switch to sarnak battlehammer and ssoy 50+ rmoy. GG.

Heh I think I was that monk.

theaetatus
01-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Other options are a Goblin Skullcrusher (procs a stun at 15) and a Whip of Strangulation (procs a debuff/dot at 10).

Both have reasonable ratios and high aggro procs.

Cymeon
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
More importantly, no Warrior should ever use a PGT. If you're too poor to afford a weapon that procs a real aggro gen spell then don't roll a Warrior as they are an extremely item dependent class. Just be an SK and use disease cloud or Pally and spam blind and you won't be a fail-tank for your poor group.

This made me butthurt. I now feel like I am a fail-tank no matter what my gear is at. Thanks. Thanks a whole lot :|

WTS: warrior gear
WTB: SK gear