PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the server?

Bluedarksun
07-27-2012, 10:49 AM
I've been trying for awhile to log-in and there is currently only 19 ppl on. I hit Play Everquest, and a minute later, I'm booted to the log-in screen. There's nothing on the P99 homepage about any issues or patches, unless I'm missing something.

monkeydoc
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79990

Seems to happen from time to time :(.

Vandy
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Login servers down. Server admin's are probably at work and don't have time to correct the issue immediately.

Bluedarksun
07-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Ah! People can remotely start their cars, wonder if they can make one to reboot the servers :P

Lagaidh
07-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Ah! People can remotely start their cars, wonder if they can make one to reboot the servers :P

Sure they can, it's just that the folks who have the keys to do remote server management may not know there's an issue.

I don't know if the p99 server is set up for this kind of management, but it is a common thing in computing. These folks are slick enough I'd be surprised if the requisite features for this type of management are not already enabled. They just don't know it needs resetting, or cannot perform the action right now.

Maybach 2.0
07-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Sure they can, it's just that the folks who have the keys to do remote server management may not know there's an issue.

I don't know if the p99 server is set up for this kind of management, but it is a common thing in computing. These folks are slick enough I'd be surprised if the requisite features for this type of management are not already enabled. They just don't know it needs resetting, or cannot perform the action right now.

This is bottom 95% box, top top 5% box. Rexx is chained up in Nilbogs basement snapping G.I. Joe sized whips off at hamsters running in wheels so we can get our 15 year old game fix pal. Right now, it's probably "mirror time" where Rexx sits in front of a mirror and wishes for all that isn't.

Caridry
07-27-2012, 01:00 PM

i will go with too busy i.e. at work. I know rogean gets texts of any server issues directly from the server. Just be patient, take a walk outside! =D

Aamaebx
07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
i will go with too busy i.e. at work. I know rogean gets texts of any server issues directly from the server. Just be patient, take a walk outside! =D

SOME OF US MELT IN SUNLIGHT YOU KNOW!

Lagaidh
07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
This is bottom 95% box, top top 5% box. Rexx is chained up in Nilbogs basement snapping G.I. Joe sized whips off at hamsters running in wheels so we can get our 15 year old game fix pal. Right now, it's probably "mirror time" where Rexx sits in front of a mirror and wishes for all that isn't.

Look, that's all well and good, but if we forget to change the thoxin filters underneath the cucumber port, we're going to run a high risk that the hamsters will all elect gender reassignment surgery under the effects of higher-than-normal exhaust and be out of the wheel for months!

Do you understand? Do you realize what will happen?!

Caridry
07-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Guys, just talked to the server admins..... bad news....

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/space/images/jamradar.jpg

Ravager
07-27-2012, 03:42 PM
There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry...

Sirken
07-27-2012, 03:56 PM
sorry about that. all is well again.

Caridry
07-27-2012, 04:21 PM
There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry...

http://foodradar.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/spaceballs.jpg

Grumble
07-27-2012, 08:08 PM
SOME OF US MELT IN SUNLIGHT YOU KNOW!

Evil Day Star! <shakes his fist>