PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: The Great Oowoomp

Nilasbik
07-20-2012, 05:45 AM
He should be KoS to at least iksar.

Taken from everlore.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20020505032127/http://www.everlore.com/quests/default.asp?mode=35&id=127346

- post on 6/7/2000

"He mentions an Ogre you need to seek out. This Ogre is named The Great Oowoomp, and he is in the Timorous Deep. If you give him 5 gp (you need to sneak up to him since he is aggro), he will summon a dancing skeleton."

"Also takes place in TD, go to ogre raider camp, sneak up on the great oowuump or whatever and hand him 5gp."

Sundawg
07-20-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll try and run a few fresh toons there later today on Al'kabor and /con them. Have to wait on boats for each one, so.. might only get a few baseline combos.

Iksar Necromancer of Cazic Thule:

A spiroc Proven (and all other Spirocs in TD): Dubious

High Elf Paladin of Tunare:

A spiroc Proven (and all other Spirocs I saw in TD): Dubious

Human Warror Agnostic:

Ogre Raider = apprehensive (these guys were KOS to the above necro and paladin)
The Great Oowoomp = dubious (this guy was indifferent to the above necro and paladin)
A Spiroc Proven = dubious

Despite being Dubious to the Great Oowoomp, the human warrior could still trigger all the quest phrases from him all the way to where he tells you what to go gather for him.

Imply what you will.

So the Great Oowoomp should hate Iksar monks much more then Iksar necros? Anyone know more? I'll try to look a bit deeper. The Great Oowoomp needs faction assigned to him anyways.

Nilasbik
07-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Im not sure. I do remember having to sneak up to him back in the day to the shackle stuff. I did it only a few times before luclin and many times after luclin to get tynn and WF. Every time though you had to sneak up because he was kos.

Edit: Also it could have been changed since then on Al'kabor.

Sundawg
12-15-2012, 08:36 PM
He is not kos to Iksar but all this friends near him are and have the "green agro" trait, which is why maybe people remember having to sneak near him since he would aid his agro friends. Cleaned up his faction.

Fixed, pending update.