PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Cannibalize broke

Phallax
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Ive noticed it wasnt working right for awhile but today I really payed attention to it while farming seafuries.

Cannibalize is a straight 1:2 ratio 25 mana for 50 hp.

Today I sat and watched my mana as I did this. Id let me mana tick(19per tick) then Id cannibalize. about 75% of the time Id get the 25 mana back that I should, often times Id only get 7 back...then My tick would hit for 19 then Id cani again, sometimes 25 sometimes only 6-7. I need to get FRAPS back on this computer to show it happening in game. Or maybe get other shaman or a dev to verify. This is only happening if you cycle cani and sitting. Spam casting seems to work fine.

Cannibalize should give 25 mana back everytime, regardless as to the timing of mana ticks.

Yoite
05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
there is an issue with the client wanting to report the regen rate that exists at the time of the client and how it conflicts with the regen rate of the server which reflects that of classic.

Like if im sitting and a tick happens it will be like .... then .. when it registers with the server and the server is like nu uh you didnt get back that much.

Could this be causing the issue you're seeing with Canni?

Phallax
05-20-2010, 04:53 PM
there is an issue with the client wanting to report the regen rate that exists at the time of the client and how it conflicts with the regen rate of the server which reflects that of classic.

Like if im sitting and a tick happens it will be like .... then .. when it registers with the server and the server is like nu uh you didnt get back that much.

Could this be causing the issue you're seeing with Canni?

Yea it seems like its more of that issue than cani but its affecting cani, unless i spam it while standing

Impus
10-19-2011, 05:37 PM
This is has been happening to me also. Not sure how to fix it other than logging out and back in. Sometimes it seems to get stuck at only giving me 9 mana per 50 hit points and won't correct itself.

Cholk
12-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Still broken, Im having the same problem on Red99. Is there a work around to this ? Seems to happen after I target someone for a heal then start canni dancing.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum (please move to pvp bugs if infact it is)

djdownward
12-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I was gonna make a post about this, but I see its already here.

Having the same problem on red99. Very irritating to canni dance, please advise.

Toofliss
07-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Bump -- Noticing this today. The bug is still around (if it was ever fixed, it's been reintroduced).

Kender
07-07-2013, 07:34 PM
put yoru water on your cursor and wait for the yu are thirsty message. this will cancel mana regen. then try (just to illinimate mana regen issues)

Mojojuju
08-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I have noticed that Canni II does not give the returns shown on the wiki, sometimes it is more efficient for me to use Canni I

Potus
08-10-2013, 04:17 AM
This bug is very annoying. I can't figure out when to canni or not now.

gotrocks
08-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Ok, going to do my best to break this down, but it's 3:30 in the morning so be forgiving.

Your cannibalize's are giving the correct amount of mana. Your *client* is just showing you the incorrect amount. If you watch your mana carefully, something like this will happen:

Start at 0 mana, regen 20 mana (because its a nice round number) for meditate, then canni. What you are probably noticing is that you'll go from 0 -> 20 (med) -> 27 (or something like that for canni), but if you wait another second youll then see it go to 40, or sometimes even something screwy like 36 or 37, followed by a jump to 60 if you manage to sit down before the next med tick.

You're still getting the correct amount of mana, it just looks screwy as fuck because of the way the client interacts with the server. yes, its obnoxious, and no, it can't really be fixed.

If you're *really* a stickler for seeing the correct amount of mana, do this in the above scenario:

Basically, if you're regenning 20 mana a tick from med and you start at 0 mana, when you tick up its going to show that you gained 21 mana. I dont know why this is, but its a fact. After a couple seconds (and this interval can vary wildly from just under a second to 4-5, making this difficult) your mana will tick *DOWN* to 20, at this point you should canni and you will get the correct amount of mana from your spell shown in your mana.

I hope that explanation was good enough, like i said im pretty tired and not feeling well, but the above statements are 100% true, and i can guarantee you are getting the correct amount of mana for your canni's. I have a high lvl shaman and have been canni dancing mostly solo (where i have nothing better to do but look at my mana while casting) for many hours, and can attest that this is all true. I imagine some people won't believe me until a dev responds, but for the rest of you, dont worry - your mana is regening the way its supposed to.

Potus
08-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Ok, going to do my best to break this down, but it's 3:30 in the morning so be forgiving.

Your cannibalize's are giving the correct amount of mana. Your *client* is just showing you the incorrect amount. If you watch your mana carefully, something like this will happen:

Yeah we get that, it's that the client will report the correct amount at one minute and the next it would not, which makes canni dancing impossible.

gotrocks
08-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Well lol, you may have understood that, but other people didn't.

Also, canni dancing 100% possible. Do it all the time. It just looks funny. Count the ticks if it helps.