PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: AC bug/Equipped armor not working??

Intricus
05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I am level 29 with an Armor Class of 585 (over 600) with shield equipped, yet mobs that are level 23 and 24 still hit me for maximum damage for a mob of that level, almost every other time they land a hit on me. I have tried stripping myself completely of all my gear, and hardly notice any difference in the damage I mitigate at all when I'm fully geared, as opposed to being naked.

Is this normal? Or is my AC or armor itself bugged?

President
05-19-2010, 10:06 PM
I have actually been wanting to test this myself at level 50 to see if there was any noticeable difference between wearing all my armor and not. I have heard "AC is king" for warriors but It seems I get the shit beat of me even with almost full indicolite. If I get some time in the coming weeks I'll try to test it out but not sure how much time I will have.

Intricus
05-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I made this topic out of frustration, but seems this is a common issue. And I completely failed to notice the 2 topics related to mine right at the top of the thread. Big Foolish Me...:mad:

President
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I made this topic out of frustration, but seems this is a common issue. And I completely failed to notice the 2 topics related to mine right at the top of the thread. Big Foolish Me...:mad:

I wouldn't say that. One of them is a thread that is 6 months old that someone bumped. The other one is a thread that same person created because he thought missing 35% of his hits as level 12 was completely out of whack.

It could be useful to have separate discussion on this topic. Honestly I don't think its a major game impacting thing as I feel the "difficulty" as compared to live is pretty much on par, but If AC really doesn't count for much, it would be nice to know so I can focus on other stats.

Skaff
05-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Well, its sometimes better to get a nice recent thread instead of doing a necro on an old threat that never got much attention. Personally, I rarely watch my incoming damage. The topic is interesting enough to possibly have me parse out some incoming damage in the upcoming days. Figure it might be worth having the perspective of a 45'ish warrior.

girth
05-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Lemme know if I can help in any way President. I am always looking to see whether or not I am DoT'ed because my HP just melts off. I'm 37 with full darkforge basically and I feel like I get shat on, even with level 50 cleric buffs on me quite often. Something like this would also explain why I have so much trouble enjoying my monk, I still believe something is fishy with INC damage, but its not TOO far off.

This is an absolute stab in the dark but were I to guess I would say its something like the different armor classes maybe don't have separate AC soft caps, something kinda like that.

OR MAYBE WE ARE ALL JUST CRAAAAaaaaAAAZZZzzzzzYYy

edit - either way, its manageable so whatever, as long as hybrids can raid tank(b4 discs) its alright

Kainzo
05-20-2010, 09:27 AM
I've noticed I get hit for max damage a lot more than I did in classic, I just have to actual data to back that claim up. If we are getting hit for max more often than not, how are casters do? and if they are doing about the same, what is the point of plate?

guineapig
05-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Well the soft caps for AC differ from plate mail classes to cloth and so on.

I don't want to post incorrect info but basically you can't blindly look at 300 warrior AC versus 300 wizard AC because the mitigation is completely different for those 2 classes.

Edit:

this is from 2008 so don't quote me on the numbers but i'm just using it as an example:

Soft Caps
Cloth..........= ~75 worn AC (yes its really that low)
Leather......= ~100 worn AC
Monk..........= ~120 worn AC (if they are under 15 stone wieght)
Chain.........= ~200 worn AC
Plate .........= ~300 worn AC