PDA

View Full Version : Barb Rogue

spooge
07-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey,

So tossing around the idea of playing a rogue instead of a necro. I know i won't be able to farm or solo but it just seems like a lot more up my alley.

So anyway i made a barbarian rogue and dumped everything into Strength and a little into dex. Now i read that most rogues put points into stamina. Not high level at all, should i reroll?

spooge
07-15-2012, 01:22 PM
I guess what i'm trying to say is... I'm starting off fresh with no starting gear. I thought the extra strength would be really needed while leveling up. Is stamina very hard to acquire as a rogue?

My fear is i'm going to max strength way to early and have too low a hp pool.

Thanks,

Kers
07-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Go remake and do all sta, with little str or agi. I recently remade a rogue about 5 times lol. Had almost every piece of gear i wanted and had over 200STR even without the rogue epic (+20str), But only had maybe +10sta from all my gear. STA is the hardest stat to find

greatdane
09-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Strength is really easy to max. I seem to remember that you need 187 unbuffed strength to hit the cap with the shaman buff, but that might have been pre-Kunark. In any case, you get a ton of strength from gear and not very much stamina. Dex isn't terribly important.

godbox
09-17-2012, 12:45 PM
this dude is saying hes starting untwinked though in which case fuck it and go str. the sta is gonna give u like what 5 hps until ur high lvl. str will increase ur dmg flat out so youll kill faster die less and carry more loot. ya you will hit str cap easier but you can also drop some str slots for +hp/resist items later. its not like your gonna go on a raid or join a group and instantly die because of that missing 50hps from the extra sta.

min maxing stats in eq is ridiculousy unimportant the only stuff thats relevant are racials (slam which you have) stun immune for shams/sk, hide (enchanters), and regen.

you could dump every point at creation into +int and unless you told someone they would never know you from every other rogue.

SirAlvarex
09-17-2012, 01:32 PM
this dude is saying hes starting untwinked though in which case fuck it and go str. the sta is gonna give u like what 5 hps until ur high lvl. str will increase ur dmg flat out so youll kill faster die less and carry more loot. ya you will hit str cap easier but you can also drop some str slots for +hp/resist items later. its not like your gonna go on a raid or join a group and instantly die because of that missing 50hps from the extra sta.

min maxing stats in eq is ridiculousy unimportant the only stuff thats relevant are racials (slam which you have) stun immune for shams/sk, hide (enchanters), and regen.

you could dump every point at creation into +int and unless you told someone they would never know you from every other rogue.

^^ What that guy said ^^

Raavak
09-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Only thing is, if you start raiding, and guys are pulling out their melee parsers, intelligently placing your starting stats may help you climb the ladder here, I would think. And yes, being high on the parse report is more vanity than anything... In a group setting they will look at your class first, if you have epic second, probably guild third, and that's about it.

Nirgon
09-17-2012, 04:08 PM
STR is pretty easy to max, esp in velious. The halfling xp bonus is tight.

SamwiseBanned
09-17-2012, 04:24 PM
STR is pretty easy to max, esp in velious. The halfling xp bonus is tight.

Yes str is ez to max but until you do max it , it is your most important stat besides maybe haste. Besides aoes and ds, you shouldn't be getting hit. If 20 sta is the difference between life and death, u r doing something wrong. I suggest halfling rogue max str since u r starting fresh and velious isn't out