PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Efreeti Standard

Tycko
07-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Efreeti Standard is currently Offhand only and should be Primary / Offhand currently.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32176&highlight=efreeti+standard

Tycko
07-25-2012, 03:17 PM
SEPTEMBER 19, 2000
Low-Delay Weapons and Damage Bonus Changes:

In accordance with our announcement several weeks ago, two low-delay weapons can now only be equipped in the off-hand. Included in this change are the Mosscovered Twig and the Barbed Scale Whip. The delay on these weapons and the associated damage bonus to weapons in the primary hand made these weapons much too powerful for their availability and the risk associated with their acquisition.

In addition, two-handed weapons have had their damage-bonus modified. The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created a problem similar to the weapons above and has been reduced. The damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has been increased

kanras
08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Added functionality so we can now distinguish items based on server's timeline. If there are more outside Efreeti Standard/Mosscovered Twig/Barbed Scale Whip, please bump an existing thread or create a new one.

Fixed, pending update.

Nirgon
08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Even better, I remember correctly the Efreeti Standard wasn't even fixed until Velious.

I distinctly recall one of our main tanks, Ooga (http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=Ooga), being super pissed about this being fixed and his newly acquired custom helm blocking his view when he melee'd within like weeks of each other.

nilbog
08-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Even better, I remember correctly the Efreeti Standard wasn't even fixed until Velious.

Needs researching.

heartbrand
08-26-2012, 07:43 AM
So because verant missed fixing a broken item that is clearly op and not what they intended we need to keep it that way here in the name of classic? Perhaps we should leave in many of the leveling exploits as well since, hey, it's classic?

quido
08-26-2012, 07:47 AM
People have to deal with broken taunt for months.

heartbrand
08-26-2012, 08:01 AM
And that makes no sense to me. When I think of classic I don't think back to the days that alchemy wasn't in the game even though brad continued to lie and say it was, ts containers eating your items, terrible pathing, rangers pulling aggro and insta dying, clerics being the only class that could heal, incredible amounts of broken quests, hybrid exp penalties etc. those things were design flaws, errors, mistakes, bad results. They were bad for the game. Classic is the large world feeling, the difficulty, the need for class inter-dependency, a vibrant economy before the mudflation of PoP etc. I know this post will make no difference in how this project is ran, but I had to get it off my chest. It's like having to relive the same frustration we had with verant back in the day over some of the terrible game mechanics all over again but except now, rather than the response being The Vision it's "classic." (unless it's the resist system on red then it's custom). Rant off ;)

Nirgon
08-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Needs researching.

It wasn't the most common weapon you have to understand sir.

It gets made off hand only in Velious.

Ele
08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
It wasn't the most common weapon you have to understand sir.

It gets made off hand only in Velious.

Show us the proof.

Nirgon
08-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Does bringing Ooga in to tell you about the custom helm graphical problem and the Efreeti Standard count?

It barely mentions something about Sirran being charmable on some page, and we take that as proof here?

So if that guy counts why doesn't the guy who got 3rd in overall server necro best of the best count? Or me?

/shrug

Server's as classic as the ez-police want it to be, hopefully the people upstairs disagree and find me a valuable resource.

BeareroftheRing
08-28-2012, 05:01 PM
And that makes no sense to me. When I think of classic I don't think back to the days that alchemy wasn't in the game even though brad continued to lie and say it was, ts containers eating your items, terrible pathing, rangers pulling aggro and insta dying, clerics being the only class that could heal, incredible amounts of broken quests, hybrid exp penalties etc. those things were design flaws, errors, mistakes, bad results. They were bad for the game. Classic is the large world feeling, the difficulty, the need for class inter-dependency, a vibrant economy before the mudflation of PoP etc. I know this post will make no difference in how this project is ran, but I had to get it off my chest. It's like having to relive the same frustration we had with verant back in the day over some of the terrible game mechanics all over again but except now, rather than the response being The Vision it's "classic." (unless it's the resist system on red then it's custom). Rant off ;)

so true.

when im zoning into crushbone and it takes less then 5 secs.

i never get pissed and am like "this isnt classic, make it 20 seconds" lol

alot of the shit that is classic was acctually just shit that was fucked up and meant to be changed.

most people want the best of classic. the experience. not the bad parts.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Here's the patch note about helms blocking vision and why I remember the Efreeti Standard not getting nerfed until Velious:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

- Helms on Barbarians, Trolls, and Ogres should no longer block the
first person view when in combat.

The ogre helm was insanely bad. Can't comment on troll/barb.