PDA

View Full Version : Red players, stay off our forums!! -Thanks blue guys

Iorean
07-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Project1999's raid scene is absolute shit. TMO has just come back from a raid suspension and despite the fact that none of their core raiders need a single item off any of the current raid targets, they will nonetheless go for every single naggy/vox/phingel/kunark kill they can. Why? To piss everyone off. Here's a short list of things you can do whenever TMO steals your raid mob and trains you into the ground:

1. Sit there
2. Be mad
3. Bitch on the forums about it

Back before I decided to take a break, VD and IB were still around so anytime a raid target spawned you literally had 5 minutes if not less to organize and be buffing. Shortly after that if you hadn't engaged you were being trained with trash mobs from the zone. 60 seconds later the boss is dead and 10 seconds after that there's already a thread in RnF about it that's got potential to hit 50 pages.

The bottom line is that once you hit 46+ this server sucks. The database, code, staff, and 90% of the people playing here are great but EQ has always been about end game content and sadly on the blue box it's terrible. There isn't shit you can do whenever another guild steamrolls you and pleads ignorance, TMO has been raid suspended 20 times and they keep coming back and pulling the same garbage. On top of that raid mobs here have variance, so unless you work from home or are unemployed collecting a disability check you need to be stationed around your computer 24/7 in case a raid target spawns inside its window.

On the other hand, and this is what really baffles me, is the fact that there is a perfectly good server with the same exact database, the same exact staff, and barely anyone playing on it. Legacy items also still drop, raid mobs have fixed spawn timers, and the competition for any raid target consists of 20-22 people. Oh by the way experience gains are increased.

If you're still reading this you're probably frothing at the mouth, mountain dew and cheez-its flying everywhere. I can only imagine the amount of times people are going to post in this thread stating that the red server failed. Contrarily to popular opinion, it didn't, and still remains up. What failed was community interest in it. Nilbog and the content team did a hell of a job and are still contributing to it. And now that the majority of the trolls from VZTZ have left theres literally just a handful of people left to compete with for raid content. And the best part about dealing with them is that instead of having to race to tag the mob first you can simple kill them and take it.

And I'm sure this plea will simply be disregarded because of the diehard blue fanbase playing here, but in all honesty red99 in its current state with virtually no idiots playing on it makes for a better server than this one. If 20 people from blue were to reroll on red99 they would find themselves having a better time playing there than on here. Even with a fungi, CoF, manastone, couple hundred thousand plat and multiple twinks I can barely bring myself to play here anymore because I know once get back into the 46+ scene its going to be a really shitty and miserable gaming experience.

I wish people would seriously reconsider playing on Nilbog, Sirken and Null's server because it has potential to be more fun than this one. Not to mention experience rates are increased and grind isn't nearly as tedious or gruesome. Give it a chance you might actually like it and if you can't stand PvP there isn't much to worry about because only a handful of people are playing there right now.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=677703#post677703

Xen
07-01-2012, 10:04 PM
"If 20 people from blue were to reroll on red99 they would find themselves having a better time playing there than on here." -- True story, too bad they cannot escape the "Care Bear Stare"

nego1620
07-02-2012, 09:28 AM
You could at least put some effort into it.

Dullah
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Lol, why post anonymously?

Also, Doors isn't a current red player afaik.

oh, and lol @

If you're still reading this you're probably frothing at the mouth, mountain dew and cheez-its flying everywhere.

Beastro
07-02-2012, 10:14 AM
There's a season for all things and the season to drag your feet through this servers mud is past.

Nirgon
07-28-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXk4kIfIusI

Maybach 2.0
07-28-2012, 04:16 PM
This is the thread where Red players come to express their teen angst at the fact the same core guild goes to EVERY eq1 PvP Emu server and fucks it up. Way to ruin another one pals, TZVZ just wasnt enough.

PhantomRogue
07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
This is the thread where Red players come to express their teen angst at the fact the same core guild goes to EVERY eq1 PvP Emu server and fucks it up. Way to ruin another one pals, TZVZ just wasnt enough.

Red99 was made because VZTZ turned into a joke.

Rogean said he would do things differently. But that turned out to be the biggest joke of all.

Rogean... did Just let go.