all: stay logged in to increase population

wow

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah and notice how all the scum is gone from the server amirite

Kimm Barely
06-28-2012, 08:24 PM
so let's get this straight

griefed off the only legitimate EQ PvP server?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Red_Checkmark.svg/227px-Red_Checkmark.svg.png

mad?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Red_Checkmark.svg/227px-Red_Checkmark.svg.pnghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Red_Checkmark.svg/227px-Red_Checkmark.svg.pnghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Red_Checkmark.svg/227px-Red_Checkmark.svg.pnghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Red_Checkmark.svg/227px-Red_Checkmark.svg.pnghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Red_Checkmark.svg/227px-Red_Checkmark.svg.pnghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/50/Red_Checkmark.svg/227px-Red_Checkmark.svg.png

PhantomRogue
06-28-2012, 08:27 PM
What I never understood is how Nihilim talks about "Griefing everyone else off the server." But I don't think they actually killed ANYONE.

The EXP Rate and lack of people Griefed them off the server, not PvP, shit, Im not sure there's been a PvP death at 50 in 4 weeks.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah it's real legit... do you have your helmet on backwards today? Or is this mental disease you have progressive?

Amuk
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
never stops maken me lol.

Tr0llb0rn
06-28-2012, 09:19 PM
never stops maken me lol.

This divine prophecy makes me lol:

I really don't think the average VZ/TZ'er will make it in Red99. They are use to easy power, establishing that power, and ruining your day after wards and every day after that. But with a 99 like grind. NO GM favors. Not being able to cheat or exploit- Be rest assured it probably won't happen.

You have to understand most VZ/TZ people are elitist. They think they are better than you! A few are. But most are not! They'' like any elitist! operate from power. Without that power they become nothing. (level 1)

If red99 comes out and any of them get behind it won't last brews.

In conclusion if the 99 population or the causal VZ/TZ'er that hate these "so called" elitist add any amount of pressure to these kids...most become cowards and fold. (I see a lot of quitting in the near future) The VZ/TZ'er might become the next dinosaur.

And I for one will miss them. They were quite the persona.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/nba.michael.jordan.playing.baseball/images/michael-jordan-white-sox(2).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sikids.com/photos/3011/michael-jordan-playing-baseball/2&usg=__HoC43oYeK3FeX2ja1DkXLIalgXA=&h=777&w=560&sz=75&hl=en&start=0&sig2=TZT0X55NUUB0CKyA2oCzJg&zoom=1&tbnid=sELQmsY02g194M:&tbnh=175&tbnw=126&ei=gCLTTf3lB8-atweAs_GjCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmichael%2Bjordan%2Bplaying%2Bbaseball %26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1664%26bih%3D826%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=168&sqi=2&page=1&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=55&ty=82

Rushmore
06-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Just for the record I do miss them.

taakyn
06-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Just for the record I do miss them.

Were on 69 bro. Pvp happens there

pojab
06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
by grief they mean insta logged away from pvp enough to make server boring until only 6 people left online

Tr0llb0rn
06-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Were on 69 bro. Pvp happens there

lol, you should read:

I really don't think the average VZ/TZ'er will make it in Red99. They are use to easy power, establishing that power, and ruining your day after wards and every day after that. But with a 99 like grind. NO GM favors. Not being able to cheat or exploit- Be rest assured it probably won't happen.

You have to understand most VZ/TZ people are elitist. They think they are better than you! A few are. But most are not! They'' like any elitist! operate from power. Without that power they become nothing. (level 1)

If red99 comes out and any of them get behind it won't last brews.

In conclusion if the 99 population or the causal VZ/TZ'er that hate these "so called" elitist add any amount of pressure to these kids...most become cowards and fold. (I see a lot of quitting in the near future) The VZ/TZ'er might become the next dinosaur.

And I for one will miss them. They were quite the persona.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/nba.michael.jordan.playing.baseball/images/michael-jordan-white-sox(2).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sikids.com/photos/3011/michael-jordan-playing-baseball/2&usg=__HoC43oYeK3FeX2ja1DkXLIalgXA=&h=777&w=560&sz=75&hl=en&start=0&sig2=TZT0X55NUUB0CKyA2oCzJg&zoom=1&tbnid=sELQmsY02g194M:&tbnh=175&tbnw=126&ei=gCLTTf3lB8-atweAs_GjCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmichael%2Bjordan%2Bplaying%2Bbaseball %26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1664%26bih%3D826%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=168&sqi=2&page=1&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=55&ty=82

Dullah
06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Having people online, even afk, is more honest than other servers.

LoZ said 100+, then u log in and theres 40 in general chat. Log in another time, says 60, theres only 26 in general chat.

Hrmm..

hagard
06-29-2012, 12:07 AM

LoZ said 100+, then u log in and theres 40 in general chat. Log in another time, says 60, theres only 26 in general chat.

Hrmm..

Lol?

Sektor
06-29-2012, 12:07 AM

Hrmm..

There's a good 60+ drivers on every night. Pop's been increasing consistency. I talk to about 35-40 different people on the server, have most guild's vents.

The xping is still a grind, it's just a bit easier then red99.

I haven't had this much fun in a game in a very long time, kunark is hella fun. 53 Cleric halfing ftw. :)

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 12:08 AM
20 chars at char select or..

hagard
06-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Who cares about chat channels global ooc >

heartbrand
06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
half ur guild must have been "griefed off" because they quit red99 for red69

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 12:51 AM
LOL

heartbrand
06-29-2012, 12:58 AM
sektor / elks / retti / murderface / applesauce / frothy / rhotic / shocker just a few of the nihilum griefed off to ez69

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Lol getting fooled on son

Moda
06-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Any server better than a dead server...

gloinz
06-29-2012, 07:41 AM
pvp champ slew the shit outta mellowhellow

come at me

Gongshow
06-29-2012, 07:52 AM
The desperation is absolutely gross.

Also, this made me laugh:

Thats funny heartbrand knowing that they still log onto red99 unlike you who prays ever jew day for red99 to wipe over.

heartbrand
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Thats funny heartbrand knowing that they still log onto red99

http://s17.postimage.org/5j2lb76fh/zerg100count.png

shocker not on since june 4th, murderface not since may 29th, madude may 13th, rhotic june 15th, sektor may 12th, frothy may 28th, elks may 26th, luto may 3rd, applesauce june 16th.

all spotted on red69 having a blast. doesn't look like they're spending much time in dat plane of air

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Thats funny Mellowyellow knowing whats going on red99

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
No just a shame to see a box with 9 people trying to desperately pretend someone plays here and even worse against any change that would resolve that.

You've really outdone both Salty and Cast's combined efforts boys. I didn't think anyone ever could, but here we are.

Galilao
06-29-2012, 06:16 PM
^

Nirgon shitting on Nihilum today in forum pvp

Galilao
06-29-2012, 06:26 PM
mellow you're a fucking retard, people want a wipe because there is no other way more then 9-25 people are logging on.

HERRDERRRR SERVER FINE 9 PEOPLE ON REAL FUNNNNN U LOST CRY MOREE HERRRDERRR

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE PEOPLE LOG ON FOR FUCKS SAKE

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm open to better alternatives than a wipe and would want to see those over anything else.

I don't know of another way to do it. There are absolutely some trolls who just want to see your pixels burn. I just want to see the population go up. I've suggested a back up and relaunch, that if failed and you agree, would be restored the next time before your raid targets come up.

Let me know if you have a better idea.

Galilao
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM
People will come back to play if there was a wipe, period.

Not to say they wont quit again, but at least there can be a few months of fun PvE (You know actual groups) and PvP before it dies out again.

As I stated earlier sub 100 pop EQ server sucks dick, sub 25 people pop isn't an EQ server at all.

heartbrand
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
If the server could be helped by a wipe (which I don't think it would) I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. I personally wouldn't play again tell Kunark came out, tired of classic everquest tbh.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1213616/netskid_medium.gif

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Mellow you could even agree to something on the terms of some box 1.0 winners Nihilum sticky post if you wanted. I don't care and could still argue what happened, whatever floats your boats.

With the extra xp curve in right now and likely double xp weekends or something / hot zones (hey hot zones were classic pals) in, it wouldn't take much.

You're going to dwindle away your players and the longer you play in this dismal state, the more you're going to regret it. It sure is some "try hard"-ery at its finest I must admit. But given how great things started here with forum hilarity and an active community and the piss and shit fest going on now... I mean I can't see how you guys are enjoying yourselves here but you're obviously trying to put up this front that its heaven on earth for you.

I've offered you all to come over to the cool side of the pillow, I think its time you join the community in agreement and try to rebuild things and give it a chance to be the best box it can be. Put Sirken fully in charge with powers, get some guides to handle the run of the mill petitions (I'd even help with corpses or IP exemptions or w/e and have no real power). It's such a shame to see where this ended up. I think all of the mistakes have come to light and we could avoid them being repeated this time.

#1 - guards assist fixed
#2 - more players probably because they now realize it is absolutely futile to try to MQ or box (well box for an extended period) here.
#3 - resists have come along, still needs some work
#4 - cannot stress this enough, do not have a shitty opening weekend like last time.
#5 - I think most bugs that could have been used are recognized if not fixed?

The only missing piece is there's no one at the lower levels to encourage a growing community. If there's a good community, there will be alts and shit like blue which is doing so well.

Now if we can just get a hold of like.. Rogean or something...
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/23274_125579460797255_6951_n.jpg

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Summary: People left because it started to play like all the other boxes before it, just with no boxing for easy leveling and an xp curve too rough for most. Rampant cheating (read:bug exploitation), GM fiasco shit that could have been handled on the spot, etc.

Galilao
06-29-2012, 06:55 PM
is rogean ever pop in IRC I can idle in there waiting to pounce lol

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 06:57 PM
K, have at it brah.

I just think a relaunch with a big advertisement of what was fixed since last time like the campaign we had earlier would at least rake in 300.

Galilao
06-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Nothing is going to work now, it's too late people don't like starting on long established pvp servers.

Just wipe, only thing that's going to bring back a large number of players simultaneously.

heartbrand
06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Nothing is going to work now, it's too late people don't like starting on long established pvp servers.

Just wipe, only thing that's going to bring back a large number of players simultaneously.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 07:01 PM
It's time to save the community bros:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qlg32q.png

I will help you

Galilao
06-29-2012, 07:07 PM
LoZ sucks dick, and you can catch up super quick due to easy PvE and item drops.

If you wiped red and advertised it heavily the pop would explose, LoZ would close down again.

There is a large market of people on blue very tired of being cock blocked by the zerg guild there but don't want to start here with an enormous disadvantage.

The exploiting was extremely bad on red the first few months, and a huge amount of pop left because of it.

All of those exploits have been fixed, resists aren't perfect but are very tolerable as is the melee damage fix (was pathetic before)

Launch this shit, reroll Nihilum if you want who cares but bring in new and old people all at once.

Also actually "accelerate" the timeline this time please hehe.

Galilao
06-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Even when Nihilum was dominating the server and pop was at 60 I still played, but this server has been dead since late April.

It's unplayable in it's current state. Wipe it before EVERYONE moves on, most probably already have.

Dullah
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
There is no enormous disadvantage. Were in classic dude.

You can have gear competitive to planar from just normal kunark zones.

If people want to play, they should play. All this crap about wipes isn't helping anything. Theres still no solution posted that even has a chance of making the server last as long as it did this time around except for people posting "start with kunark"....

Galilao
06-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Honestly I don't know if it's a big advantage or not, but it's how it's perceived and thats all that matters.

Who gives a shit if after the wipe the server doesn't last 5 months (like it did the first time until final exodus of majority of players)

Even if it lasts 2 months it will be more fun PvE'ing with many groups and PvP'ing in zones like steamfont and Q hills with 20 people in the zone.

There is no fun now, none, notta, nothing. I played on diff toons from launch until early june when it finally completely died.

It was 100000x more fun even in december (nihilum was dominating then too) but more were playing and thats what made it fun.

WIPE WILL CAUSE PEOPLE TO PLAY = ACTUALLY FUN.

RIGHT NOW = NOT FUN AT ALL

Very simple you see.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Destin, my solution is simple. You guys get some kind of prize, or something... even just a major leg up on recruitment next time around.

If you were able to successfully bring people to the server another way, I wouldn't even suggest this. I packed my bags and moved on long ago. But, I still want a good box, maybe even if I don't play on it... I guess I'm a bit of a sicko for EQ PvP existing and being relevant maybe.

What are you going to kill in Kunark with 15 people dude? How about 10? 5? What happens when you guys can't even stomach to leave your characters at the select screen anymore? Come on brew, you're smarter than this.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
And all this "oh this stuff you talk about is terrible and scares people away".

If Rants and Flames material scares you away you probably can't handle 99% of the internet either :P and that really can't be blamed.

Galilao
06-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Nirgon would play, Destin would play, I would play, You reading this would play.

Just make it happen Rogean, you have the power we stand ready.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't play. I'd help do some easy shit guide stuff though with no powers so Sirken could be about his damn business. That's about it though.

Harrison
06-29-2012, 09:10 PM
The wipe and reboot would be meaningless if Nihilum and Holocaust were allowed to play again, along with all the confirmed exploiters, SEQ, and MQ users from both servers.

I hate to say it, but a wipe done properly would save this box.

Galilao
06-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Forum white knight Harrison joins the crusade to save Red99.

Harrison
06-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah, you know shit is fucked up when that happens.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Not that I was a cheater, but I certainly attacked other players rather aggressively.. I don't think a lot of Holo would come near this. Most of the ultra neck beard Nihi's would return along with everyone who wanted a fair start out of the gate with the pack who got dicked over by lag or guard assist or mage pets. The thing is, if we had a solid group of guides to let Sirken focus on the big stuff, it would run quite smoothly considering the antihax dll burned so many faces without anyone spending time having to investigate manually and look up player runspeeds and clicking off resists or w/e.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah and Sirken needs to be able to do shit like remove and create items.. you know GM not Senior Guide powers

(I do know the f'ing difference)

Harrison
06-29-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't have much faith in their guide/GM selection process anymore.

I think they just try to find people who aren't part of the community at all and continue keep them "anonymous". Even if there are more qualified candidates actually willing to do the right thing, they won't use them if they're part of the community.

I think so far successfully they've brought on Sirken, Amelinda, and Uthgaard(who was probably the only one of the entire staff with the testicles and will to actually ban where needed)

One of them was forced out/resigned/fired/whatever, and the server has been going downhill since then. These servers need an Uthgaard-esque iron fist, not this fluffy fist bullshit we got going on now. Actually dumb enough to get banned? No problem, just ask to be unbanned a couple months later.(Though really you can only get banned for 2boxing and RMT here, nothing else.)

More guides won't do shit if they're just more pussies half-assing it.

Dullah
06-29-2012, 10:01 PM
I can tell you for sure, you'd never see Nihilum back after a wipe.

Nizzarr
06-29-2012, 10:02 PM
I can tell you for sure, you'd never see Nihilum back after a wipe.

Oh there we go, they'll lobby even more for a wipe now!

Galilao
06-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Who cares about Nihilum, this is about red99 server population.

Harrison
06-29-2012, 10:06 PM
No one gives a shit about Nihilum. 25%+ of the reason this server is in the state it is in now.

You wouldn't be allowed back in this hypothetical wipe/reboot, anyways.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I guess you get used to being the center of attention being the only 20 people playing and when the staff rushes to your aid out of nowhere when they've "been busy with other things" for months out of nowhere and breaks server policy.

Ps I was still addressing all of these problems when the staff was at 400.

Dullah
06-29-2012, 10:34 PM
See thats the difference between the Trollborn and harrison, his remarks are always applicable, whereas harrison just spouts the same shit regardless of who's the recipient and how irrelevant it is.

I wasn't a part of exploits with Naggy, nor are 75% percent of the people in Nihilum, which is more like 90% of those who play today.

Irrelevant. Just like Harrison's existence. I only appreciate him because he is a counter-troll and makes the bigger assholes on the forum rage.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Getting under your skin a bit there isn't he

lethdar
06-29-2012, 11:15 PM
120 players on LoZ, 22 on r99

hagard
06-29-2012, 11:28 PM
What you guys on ez69 are not understanding red99 has 22 individuals playing right now. On ez69 there is boxing allowed and they manipulated what the server population is on the server select. One day it showed 35 people playing went in to only being 9 people on. So at most you have low 20's on just like 99 (I'm guessing there actually really is only around 10 playing with box armies), and most of that population is on there simply because kunark is out.

Lolol

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Sig?

jdklaw
06-30-2012, 03:07 AM
lolol nice vent capture

Herb9
06-30-2012, 08:16 AM
I left R99 because of lack of pop/competition.

I started playing LoZ on sunday because it has pop/competition. and because 1.03 broke d3.

If the pop/competition shifted back to R99, I'd shift back also.

Being flexible and easy going about seeking the pvp makes for a healthier gaming experience. Being arbitrarily loyal to any emu box makes no sense, it's about the people, how fun they are to kill, and what comes out of their mouths after. I could buy that some people just enjoy raiding with friends, but that's a social reason to play, and from my perspective the only reason to play games is competition.

Looks like everyones satisfied right now. People who play for pixels have a private playground to do it on and people who play to kill have a big playground full of sheep to do it on. We know the sheep never last though, so soon enough the venom of the antisocials will be fully redirected back unto R99 (probably the staff).

Herb out, have fun ya'll.

Rushmore
06-30-2012, 09:55 AM
120 players on LoZ, 22 on r99

you mean 60ish people on LoZ and 22 on r99?

Slathar
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
you mean 60ish people on LoZ and 22 on r99?

so you're saying it still has 3 times the population of your dead ghost box?

Tr0llb0rn
06-30-2012, 12:07 PM
red99 still the only legit classic red EQ server the world will ever see

if you want something other then that, stick to rez69.

I'm not down with fake, hack ridden ez EQ. If I want that i'll play wow or something.

p.s. how long till ez69 gets wiped, again? Gonna be alot of crying when that happens (and it always does..)

hagard
06-30-2012, 12:15 PM
This message is hidden because Tr0llb0rn is on your ignore list.
HEHEHE

Dullah
06-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I left R99 because of lack of pop/competition.

I started playing LoZ on sunday because it has pop/competition. and because 1.03 broke d3.

If the pop/competition shifted back to R99, I'd shift back also.

Being flexible and easy going about seeking the pvp makes for a healthier gaming experience. Being arbitrarily loyal to any emu box makes no sense, it's about the people, how fun they are to kill, and what comes out of their mouths after. I could buy that some people just enjoy raiding with friends, but that's a social reason to play, and from my perspective the only reason to play games is competition.

Looks like everyones satisfied right now. People who play for pixels have a private playground to do it on and people who play to kill have a big playground full of sheep to do it on. We know the sheep never last though, so soon enough the venom of the antisocials will be fully redirected back unto R99 (probably the staff).

Herb out, have fun ya'll.
You obviously haven't been reading the forums for even 10 minutes. The antisocials are all up in this forum more than ever, spouting crap about every perceived problem (thats 100x worse on LoZ) and calling for a wipe daily, bashing staff, complaining about the past, the future of the server (kunark), and mocking those who still play the server with malice, masked by passive aggression.

Nothings changed.

Nirgon
06-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Herb9 confirmed griefed off server by Nihilum. Why does he continue to post here? HEHEHE

Moda
06-30-2012, 08:01 PM
There has been changes exp is off the charts resist seem to be good, but then again no change is good enough for you Nirgon tell they totally favor your side. Your other argument is to wipe the server? guess we'll keep wiping over and over tell your finally on top? Stop qq'ing because you lost be a fucking man dude. Are you a fucking 12 year old still sucking on your moms tit dude it's a fucking game stop crying so fucking much you scrub bucket.

I like this post because he types like he is 12 but calls someone else a 12 year old. fucking

Tumdumm
07-01-2012, 02:05 AM
hubris

tryin way too hard

Dullah
07-01-2012, 03:56 AM
sig

hagard
07-01-2012, 01:12 PM
sig

that was the best you could come up with?

jdklaw
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Vaginal Hubris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es9bWvI8mkM