PDA

View Full Version : A real knee slapper

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 02:55 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77691

Slathar
06-28-2012, 03:09 AM
theyre trying to attract a captive audience to inspect their dragon loots on a fake server of a 17-year old game that no more than 1,000 people play anymore

sad

Dullah
06-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Dude, thats exactly what we were looking to do.

Was it that obvious?

SearyxTZ
06-28-2012, 05:15 AM
I like how these threads get made now, when they are literally the only guild left on the server.

LITTLE BIT LATE TO THE PARTY, FELLAS. I was trying to recruit people to the server 5 months ago, and I didn't get any help from yall then. I guess they were too busy raiding and organizing DKP raid attendance spreadsheets.

Dullah
06-28-2012, 06:29 AM
I posted on a buncha forums I was a part of. Dunno if it did any good.

More than willing to give it another go, for whatever its worth.

Xantille
06-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Mellowyellow is the perfect ambassador for such a worthwhile cause. I could almost hear him breathing heavily out of his mouth as he wrote 'little VZTZ server.'

Tr0llb0rn
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
I like how these threads get made now, when they are literally the only guild left on the server.

LITTLE BIT LATE TO THE PARTY, FELLAS. I was trying to recruit people to the server 5 months ago, and I didn't get any help from yall then. I guess they were too busy raiding and organizing DKP raid attendance spreadsheets.

If I do recall your guild failed because your natural wannabee allies, holocaust, took a dumb in your collective mouths and comenced to grief YOUR guild off the server lol.

You should be thanking us that we in turn out of great justice griefed them off the server in turn.

If only we did it sooner, maybe you'd of gotten past lvl 40 and your guild would still be here.

/sigh

Salem Orchid
06-28-2012, 10:33 AM
FoH will be there to grief blubie scum every level of the way, hope this brings a nice influx of players to liven up guk.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 11:26 AM
If I do recall your guild failed because your natural wannabee allies, holocaust, took a dumb in your collective mouths and comenced to grief YOUR guild off the server lol.

You should be thanking us that we in turn out of great justice griefed them off the server in turn.

If only we did it sooner, maybe you'd of gotten past lvl 40 and your guild would still be here.

/sigh

Dear Holobad: Servers' fine, you guys shoulda stuck around and played until this point.

(Lol get any nibbles after posting that?)

My favorite part is the "all of the scum is gone" - I'll allow Harrison the joy of covering this topic I suppose, but a quick look at who was at all the initial exploited Naggy/Vox kills appears to match Big Salty's recent snap shot of current raid attendance.

Tr0llb0rn
06-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Nirgon, what have you done for the community these past 9 months and five thousand posts later, except bitched and complained that "omg resists are not 100 percent classic!!! omg burn it down".

stfu and move on, find that perfect EQ world in your head, maybe its over on ez69 with the rest of the cheating scum that got baned and griefed off the server.

Vile
06-28-2012, 11:41 AM
This message is hidden because Tr0llb0rn is on your ignore list.

hijinks
06-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Oof.

Just let it go =/

I applaud the remaining people on the server for their dedication, but I don't think the point of this thread will work. Just move on till Kunark folks, Rogaine needs to just check how many inactive level 40+ characters there are and see that something else failed to happen here, once he takes onus for the state of the server and makes changes then perhaps people will come back to play.

If you have 300 50's on that server, that is 300 potential people that will come back to play if and when this server is handled correctly for a PvP server. Simply applying the ideology they used on blue did not work.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
^ Look someone who played in 99 posting here with a thought out opinion.

It's hard to watch the "lul server's awesome get over it" and then see the "please God come play here" threads... even if it's you guys lol.

If you really think people play on Legacy of Zek just to dupe and hack, well, that's your opinion man. Being a bit of a purist, I'm not over there...

Trollb0rn what have you done except finally hit 50 after the show was over and bragged about playing on a ghost box lawl.

What I've tried to do in the best interest of the server and what they've actually implemented are two very different things. The staff members I speak with insist that I'm wrong and they can find otherwise, yet months later, after deep and insane siftings... the truth comes out. Shaman dots stacking, pet damage in PvP, non humanoids (like shaman pets) dual wielding or really wielding a weapon at all... all met with "lol you have no idea" or "we have proof otherwise"... I won't get into the major 2 handed damage change that came in later Velious that exists on all boxes here.

I guess at least Legacy of Zek isn't touting itself as being the real classic, authentic experience and telling people who are in the know "udumb stfu". It has problems its willing to admit and a head GM with real power who is actually around when shit gets out of hand or will just pal around with the community in general.

Also, please dig up my posts where I address fixing root/snare/whirl(ridiculous/stun.. how many people do you think got chain rooted by mages pets etc and left or chain whirled without ever dropping a single post?

I even have the raw data and inner workings of PvP resists posted somewhere here, it even explains PvE resists and why those are problematic. All has received comment but no action. But I differ to people who stated that Naggy could be pulled out of his lair and their notions I never played Live or know anything.

I blow my clean whistle at you sir and point to my history of reporting classic inaccuracies that have in really every case turned out to be valid.

Buzz off troll, why did I respond to you.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Ps Dear Kanras,

All of these warriors must have been retarded using 1handers in PvP, what were they thinking when 2 handed damage should be superior for jousting and damage in general?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1NBqY4IPRc

Get off me son. It was true in PvE also, 2 handers were ass. Keep it as is because people will cry their little eyes out.

bilbobaggins
06-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Dude, thats exactly what we were looking to do.

Was it that obvious?

spent the last 2 months telling people on forums to go play WoW...

goes to blue forums and begs people to come play with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9yUVgrmPY

Salem Orchid
06-28-2012, 02:09 PM
It's a little hard to tell but I'm pretty sure the winner of that warrior Best of the Best was wielding a 2 handed hammer? Unless he had a dagger of some sort in his off hand.

Lucky
06-28-2012, 02:31 PM
lol

Dullah
06-28-2012, 02:57 PM
spent the last 2 months telling people on forums to go play WoW...

goes to blue forums and begs people to come play with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9yUVgrmPY

People that weren't playing anyway, and were only shitting up our forums. Missed that part.

Vile
06-28-2012, 03:08 PM
People that weren't playing anyway, and were only shitting up our forums. Missed that part.

The same people that are more likely to come back and play, vs you and f4gb0rn trying to recruit bluebies...

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 04:06 PM
It's a little hard to tell but I'm pretty sure the winner of that warrior Best of the Best was wielding a 2 handed hammer? Unless he had a dagger of some sort in his off hand.

He only used the Truncheon of Doom to proc the slow, a rare-ish seb drop that I guess went unnoticed / unconsidered. It brought the house down on people. Other than that, 1handers were king because 2h damage was so terribad. If warriors could use, say, a locust lure.. I'm sure it would have been mega prevalent.

Dullah
06-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Wheres the patch notes for 2h damage increase? I remember velious was all about the 2h, because before that, 95% of players didn't have access to 2hs with a good ratio. I remember in kunark my 2h dmg was sick with imbued fighters staff. Also, many people used 1hs because fighting casters without 1h meant you seldom interrupted them.

Dullah
06-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Two handed damaged was upped just prior to kunark, which came more as a fix than an upgrade. Justifiable not to emulate this bug in p99.
April 19, 2000 4:00 pm
------------------------------

As part of the emergency update completed last night, a change was
implemented that increases the amount of damage done by someone
wielding a 2 handed weapon.

This change was made due to a statistical imbalance in the way that
damage is calculated at the mid-to-upper levels. A person wielding a
one-handed weapon of a given ratio was able to do more damage than when
wielding a two-handed weapon of the same ratio.

We would like to stress that no change has been made to the amount of
damage done by people wielding one-handed weapons. The net result of
this change is that people choosing to wield two-handed weapons will
now do more damage than they did before.

The following week they had to fix 2h dmg again to increase it.
In addition to the Kunark-related changes made today, a bug that
lowered the maximum damage of two-handed weapons that was introduced
earlier this week in the Emergency Update was also corrected. Finally,
the art update yesterday implemented a solution that we've been
promising: Male barbarians can now see their shields.

We continue to appreciate everyone's patience while we get the servers
ready for Kunark.

Thank you.

This patch increased 2h damage again on weapons with 40+ delay.
Patch came out in September 2000, which would be 5 months after Kunark was released.
*Low-Delay Weapons and Damage Bonus Changes*

In accordance with our announcement several weeks ago, two low-delay
weapons can now only be equipped in the off-hand. Included in this
change are the Mosscovered Twig and the Barbed Scale Whip. The delay on
these weapons and the associated damage bonus to weapons in the primary
hand made these weapons much too powerful for their availability and
the risk associated with their acquisition.

In addition, two-handed weapons have had their damage-bonus modified.
The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created
a problem similar to the weapons above and has been reduced. The
damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed
weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has
been increased.

The only other update after this was an update to 2h damage on October 8th, 2001, shortly before Luclin.

* Summary of Melee Changes *

- Two-Handed Weapons have been given an increased damage bonus for
characters over level 50. Also, certain post-epic quality two-handers
have been improved.

- Warriors have had their taunt skill cap increased to 230 at 60th
level. Also, the Blades of Strategy and Tactics can now be used in
either hand.

- Rogues, as the primary user of piercing weapons, will benefit from an
improvement in the quality of a few existing high-end daggers. At some
future date new piercing weapons will be added to the game to fill gaps
in equipment availability.

- Monks will now be on an improved combat table at levels 55 and again
to a better table at 60. Monks now have the ability to Triple Attack at
60th level. The minimum damage done by Flying Kick will be greatly
increased for monks starting at 51st level and scaling up to level 60.
We also intend to add more monk weapons in the future to fill equipment
gaps.

- Rangers have their Double Attack skill cap raised to 245. They have
also gained an innate offensive bonus that starts at level 55 and
increases until level 60. Ranger's Defense skill cap has been raised to
220, and their Riposte skill cap has been raised to 185.

- Paladins and Shadowknights, besides the benefits they gain from the
two-handed weapons change mentioned above, have also been moved to the
same combat tables as warriors. In the future we intend to examine the
existing one-handed weapons useable by knights for possible upgrades.
We are also increasing the Taunt skill cap for these two classes to

I wasn't able to play after the final patch, and I know 2h damage was already more than viable after the changes made prior and during kunark.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 05:25 PM
OK well there's the patch notes for the extra improvement, I do think there were 2 changes and you proved it. I remember asking warriors they they didn't pvp with their 2 handed epics and they were like lol you are nuts... then.. one fateful post patch day in Western Wastes, my combat log got LIT UP by a warrior with a 2h epic.

Currently, I think this 2 handed damage bonus situation is out of whack. There was never a melee hitting me for 120 dmg with a mithril 2 hander (in classic..!) until that Velious patch.

Dullah
06-28-2012, 05:36 PM
In all fairness, I think 2-hander damage was pretty bugged, and those bonuses made the weapons viable that were previously next to useless. To not incorporate some things now that were fixed at later times would be silly.

Still dumb to use 2h against a caster as you aren't likely to interrupt a 750 dmg nuke in 6 seconds, and in that time a melee won't even break a skin/rune.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh no's a change that makes PvE farm harder.

Exactly the response I expect if that's hinted if it's mentioned on the blue server dude. It's wrong and you know it right now, let's give rangers, warriors and monks triple attack because "it was wrong for them not to have it".

I mean do whatever, I was coming from the "hey here's something wrong" and having some people around here, not just players, tell me I had no idea what I was talking about. You people could teach me about many things, goddamned Everquest is not one of them.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 05:43 PM
(Dullah on the other hand does know things, I did not mean to imply by replying to your post you are one of said dumb-heads claiming to actually know shit.)

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm also really excited to see Lord Yelinak bagged by some warrior in Indolocite armor and shit like the day after Velious goes Live on blue.

Everyone will give themselves a huge pat on the back that they were so good at Classic EQ bladdy bladdy blah gimme a break.

Dullah
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Well, other than the change just prior to Luclin, it was said or implied that it was a bug for 2-handers not to be more feasible weapons.

Either way, I played prior to that pre-Luclin 2h boost, and 2 handers were already wtf awesome. If you were 2h melee fighting another melee in kunark, you were just dumb if you weren't using a 2h.

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Famous ogre SKs like Kargon and Reddogg on Rallos Zek weren't hitting for anything near what I saw Bamzal and others hitting for in that era.

Again what "they decided to add" in that patch goes along with triple attack etc. By all means go put that in, I'm sure people will just be filled with nostalgia. I don't blame you for not agreeing with me, your guild would be wild with anger if you contributed to any kind of PvE nerf :P.

Dullah
06-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Heh, our 2h damage isn't even a factor, and we have guys with Fiery Avenger, Soul Leech and Monsoon. Those guys parse at about half the dps of our monks and rogues.

Lucky
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm also really excited to see Lord Yelinak bagged by some warrior in Indolocite armor and shit like the day after Velious goes Live on blue.

Everyone will give themselves a huge pat on the back that they were so good at Classic EQ bladdy bladdy blah gimme a break.

a yr ago when me and pkmn scoped out zek my 90 ranger took like 30 mins to kill yelinak doing 900000000000dps with 2402940294024924 dmg crits

Tr0llb0rn
06-28-2012, 07:04 PM
how interesting, ALSO a year ago.....this was posted:

I really don't think the average VZ/TZ'er will make it in Red99. They are use to easy power, establishing that power, and ruining your day after wards and every day after that. But with a 99 like grind. NO GM favors. Not being able to cheat or exploit- Be rest assured it probably won't happen.

You have to understand most VZ/TZ people are elitist. They think they are better than you! A few are. But most are not! They'' like any elitist! operate from power. Without that power they become nothing. (level 1)

If red99 comes out and any of them get behind it won't last brews.

In conclusion if the 99 population or the causal VZ/TZ'er that hate these "so called" elitist add any amount of pressure to these kids...most become cowards and fold. (I see a lot of quitting in the near future) The VZ/TZ'er might become the next dinosaur.

And I for one will miss them. They were quite the persona.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/nba.michael.jordan.playing.baseball/images/michael-jordan-white-sox(2).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sikids.com/photos/3011/michael-jordan-playing-baseball/2&usg=__HoC43oYeK3FeX2ja1DkXLIalgXA=&h=777&w=560&sz=75&hl=en&start=0&sig2=TZT0X55NUUB0CKyA2oCzJg&zoom=1&tbnid=sELQmsY02g194M:&tbnh=175&tbnw=126&ei=gCLTTf3lB8-atweAs_GjCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmichael%2Bjordan%2Bplaying%2Bbaseball %26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1664%26bih%3D826%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=168&sqi=2&page=1&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=55&ty=82

and now u mad?

Vile
06-28-2012, 07:14 PM
This message is hidden because Tr0llb0rn is on your ignore list.

Dullah
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
how interesting, ALSO a year ago.....this was posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore
I really don't think the average VZ/TZ'er will make it in Red99. They are use to easy power, establishing that power, and ruining your day after wards and every day after that. But with a 99 like grind. NO GM favors. Not being able to cheat or exploit- Be rest assured it probably won't happen.

You have to understand most VZ/TZ people are elitist. They think they are better than you! A few are. But most are not! They'' like any elitist! operate from power. Without that power they become nothing. (level 1)

If red99 comes out and any of them get behind it won't last brews.

In conclusion if the 99 population or the causal VZ/TZ'er that hate these "so called" elitist add any amount of pressure to these kids...most become cowards and fold. (I see a lot of quitting in the near future) The VZ/TZ'er might become the next dinosaur.

And I for one will miss them. They were quite the persona.

and now u mad?

Prophetic.

U should cast style spam that in every thread.

nabsev
06-28-2012, 07:26 PM
heh

Nirgon
06-28-2012, 07:37 PM
I think this is about as good an ousting as "more lucky than exploit".

You guys are so pathetic lawl.

Kimm Barely
06-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Old man Nirgon confirmed old man:

knee-slap·per [nee-slap-er]
A noun - Informal.
a joke evoking boisterous hilarity.

Origin:
1965–70, Americanism

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm 27, brew

Nizzarr
06-29-2012, 05:19 PM
This slew of nonsense is not displayed because nirgon is on your ignore list.

Nirgon
06-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Yeah none of this is factual, can be proven or makes any sense whatsoever.

Same ole song and dance with Nizzar. Well, maybe not the dance part..

Vile
06-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Pathetic is that you lost at a game you've playing for 12 years. That's what is pathetic sir and the fact that you keep crying about it on forums day in and day out. You officially have more posts then you have min's played.

impossible if you hit lvl 3+ pre minor xp gains