PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Dispell/Nullify agro.

Phallax
05-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I was in Kedge last night and casted Nullify on a piranha to get rid of its DS. The SK had already gotten it to 85-90% and disease clouded for agro and me single Nullify caused it to agro me. No root was involved I didnt sit afterward. It was pure threat from Nullify and seems like its a bit off on generated threat.

Gorroth
05-18-2010, 02:22 AM
Aggro is borked for several spells, including dispel, root and malise lines. Been this way for a while.

swamp
05-18-2010, 02:06 PM
I remember dispel never being resisted, just sometimes not working. In other words, dispel would always land, and have a x% chance to dispel each of x number of buffs.

Example: Pillage Enchantment has 4 dispel checks. It has (for arguments sake) a 40% chance for each check. If you cast it, it will always land and perform the 4 checks. If 2 checks succeed, the top 2 buffs get dispelled.

Also, more on topic, the spell generates almost zero aggro.

discuss

dali_lb
05-19-2010, 06:24 AM
It is a major problem. Some classes are harder hit than others, but agro is really borked.

Malise: always had a fair agro generated, totally out of whack on p99
Dispell: Normally had almost no agro, totally out of whack

General DD's: always generated agro. No real change

Chanter spells: some was always big agro magnets, eg slow (also for shamies)
On P99 Enchanters can cast a lvl 4 tashan or whatever spell you like, and its totally impossible to get the mob off him unless you root it and move away.

Also noticed with mage. You can pull with a low lvl 35dmg shock of blades, send pet in (eg fire), and you can sometimes still even his ds does 29+ dmg and gets dmg in for like 100+ be running in circles to have pet get agro. by this time the mob is often half dead but still focused on the mage who did a whole 35dmg while pet did 500.

If this isn't screwed I don't know what to say :confused:

dali_lb
05-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Also if this is going to be classic, it should be mentioned that Magician Fire pets used to be like 95% Imune to Fire DD's. They certainly isn't on P99, but not sure if thats also a Client problem.

But since resist roles is so borked (aparently because the titanium client is basing resist roles on its max resist value of 700 or something like that instead of 255 of the original client) wouldn't it be possible to just multiply all resist values send to the client by 3 ? Not sure this is how it works. just a suggestion

mixxit
05-19-2010, 06:54 AM
need evidence before we can change anything unless a dev knows this for sure (in which case it would, probably, already be changed)

Yoite
05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
cancel magic effects shouldn't cause much agro if any, always used it to tag mobs for pulling. I will help look for some hard info on this claim.

Yoite
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=49&page=1&howmany=50#msg106701736289525

bottom comment from Oct 2003 comments on it being no agro good for pulling. Will try and find some later dates with similar comments.

guineapig
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
As far as chanters are concerned, we have several dispells that we get at different levels.
One of our lowest level ones removes 1 spell at a time and is unresistable. Our later dispells (such as pillage enchantment which removes up to 4 spells at a time) are resistable. This at least is working as intended.

I am able to dispel planar mobs during raids without getting aggro. I tend to get more aggro when I nuke mobs then when I dispell them.

Yoite
05-19-2010, 12:58 PM
having trouble finding some info on archive sites, time for lunch, good luck

Haynar
05-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I remember on nasty mobs pulling with cancel magic. If I didn't get a CD, or some sort of hate spell down, before nearly anything else touched the mob, it was aggro bounce city.

Cancel magic / dispell, were not much aggro.

Its coded to add the amount of hate, equal to the level of the caster. But it was never much hate, and probably should be a fixed amount. I will do some comparisons with some other spells, and I guess pick a better value.

Haynar