PDA

View Full Version : WTB Weight reduction bag

titofuentes
06-27-2012, 02:14 PM
I have a monk. I have a Shralok bag but I still get over 15 stones from food / water and 2 1hb and a 2hb. What other options do I have? I'm still really new. How much is a large soiled bag? Do I just need to skip having so much water / food?

Swinger
06-27-2012, 02:22 PM
I'll offer some tips that helped me as a young monk. The Large Soiled Bag is awesome, 1.0 weight 100% WR but only small items, so your weapons probably won't fit in it, and they're usually kind of pricey (500-1k). The Shralok Packs are nice because they carry giant items, but only 25% WR. If you want to pinch a penny, but put a little effort into it, you can quest a decent bag that is 10 slots, 1.0 weight, 50% WR and holds MEDIUM items. The quest is here http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=278 . BUT its for evil races. The way I did it is - make an ogre shaman, level it to level 5 (the quest NPC won't give quest until lvl 5). Then use your monk to kill the Slayer Captain thing in Innothule Swamp. Gather a few of the necklaces, as it sometimes takes a few turn ins to get the bag. Log in your level 5 shaman, spawn the quest NPC, then log in your monk who has the necklaces. The quest NPC will path to the zone in (or very very close to it, close enough to stay out of harm's way). Turn in your necklaces until you get the bag.
Like I said.. the bag isn't superb, and it might take a little bit of time to get it, but it's an awesome sack for a lower level.
I would just use Shralok Packs, Large Soiled Bag, and the Forager Bag until you can save up / farm to afford a couple of Tinker Bags. Handmade backpacks suck for monk, because they are 3.0 weight and only 10% WR. So kind of useless, cept for making a ton of bank space.
There's my advice, thanks for listening.

titofuentes
06-27-2012, 03:07 PM
I'll have to wait a little to try as my monk is only 10 and looks like quest mob is 14. Thanks for the advice

Handull
06-27-2012, 06:40 PM
you also wont need/want too many bags on your low level monk. unless you are twinked and carry around a bunch of xtra gear, there isn't much you need to carry on you except for food and throwing weapons. you also wont want to be looting much, since most rusty weapons are very heavy. the things you'll want to loot (gems, spider silks, etc) tend to be light and usually stack. just having a few 0.4 WT bags will help for this purpose, and having one nice bag like the large soiled bag to hold all your throwing weapons/bandages.

one other tip: find low weight food/drink. dont bother getting the iron rations that weigh one stone when there is much lighter food out there.

i also didn't notice the penalty for going over weight being too bad at lower levels. only recently have i really started to watch my weight because i'm seeing a bit hit in AC for going over

oh, and deleting copper and silver might be tough, but that will save you weight as well. if you want to always carry around some coin so you can tip for ports/rezes, you're better off carrying a stack of gems (pearls, emeralds, etc, depending on how rich you are) since they weight much less than carrying plat and people will take that sorta thing for tips. also trade people gold for plat as you are grouping/exping so you can keep your weight down but not lose out on having to delete your gold.

Pan
06-27-2012, 09:35 PM
or you could try running around at 50 stone and see how much it really affects your performance - my guess is that the difference will be almost imperceptible

--or go to the bank and mess with copper (for weight) and watch your AC vs. the weight and figure out a sweet spot for you - it may be worth losing a few AC (espcecially if you group a lot) for the convenience of looting more or carrying more gear. A penalty doesn't mean much if it's not severe. Hope that made sense conceptually. It's not a all-or-nothing thing.