PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes May 17th, 2010

nilbog
05-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Code

Haynar: Damage shields will no longer award experience, if they are the only damage done to the mob.
Haynar: Fix for items being recharged on death, if the item was stored in a container.
Haynar: Moved damage from DS to be applied after the hit that caused the DS feedback. This prevents a bogus pain and suffering damage message, if the mob dies due to the damage shield.
Haynar: Items purchased from vendors will now have the correct charges.
Haynar: Creating character names starting with lower case letters will no longer be possible.
Haynar: Mobs will be less likely to flee when they have friends around (Social Aggro Fix).
Haynar: Fizzling spells should occur more often if your casting skills are way behind. If you are within approximately 25 skill points of where you should be, for the level of the spell, the fizzle rate should be approximately the same as it is currently. The way it was previously coded, you would never fizzle more than about 60% of the time, no matter how far behind your skills were.
Haynar: Ogre Frontal Stun Immunity was adjusted to be more useful.
Haynar: More pet messages are able to be filtered now. Yea Spam Reduction!!!!
Haynar: Added a fix for client targets getting messed up, when a mob is charmed, and that mob was someone’s target. Retargeting mobs should no longer be necessary.
Haynar: Fix for faction wars, for a mob having a client charmed, and charm breaking. The NPC owner will no longer be added to the aggro lists of all the mobs aggroed on the client and will now be removed from mobs aggro’d on the client instead.
Haynar: Fix for mobs continuing to update locations as moving, when stunned. Hopefully they won't jump now, when stun wears off. I hope.
Haynar: Mobs flagged as unstunable can no longer be stunned by bash.
Haynar: Fixes for mob behavior while stunned.
Haynar: Sorry Rangers. /autofire is not classic and is no longer available for use.
Haynar: Items dropped to the ground will now point north.

Content

nilbog: Fixed an issue with various guards not dropping appropriate weapons.
nilbog: Created combine for Spell: Invigor
nilbog: Invisible monsters will no longer cause you problems in Qeynos Catacombs.
nilbog: Removed script text from Broon spawn.
nilbog: Kerran female is now female.
nilbog: Watchman Grep will no longer spawn.
nilbog: Watchman npcs in steamfont loot fixed.
nilbog: Clurg will now sell his fabled Flaming Clurg. Clurg's face corrected.
nilbog: The willowisps of Erud's Crossing will once again inhabit the island. Not the ocean.
nilbog: the gnoll high shaman of Lake Rathe drops the Runed Totem Staff. Other gnolls do not.
nilbog: Grim Oakfist will be on faction AshenOrder. Fixed his broken script text.
nilbog: Added faction reward for Grim Oakfists tiger quest.
nilbog: Kobb the tiger now has pathing.
nilbog: Created Rogue Errands quest. NPCs affected: Knargon Lanenda, Jracol Brestiage, Hanns Krieghor, Zannsin Resdinet, and Guard Stald
nilbog/secrets/mixxit: capture the flag, everquest style. We had a trial run of this on Sunday. I think it went well. It can be run again sometime after a few bugs are fixed.

Zordana
05-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Code

Haynar: Added a fix for client targets getting messed up, when a mob is charmed, and that mob was someone’s target. Retargeting mobs should no longer be necessary.

does this also affect the zone kedge keep where targetin mobs out of melee range almost never worked?

girth
05-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Code

Whole bunch of nice fixes, appreciate the hard work you guys keep putting in, but any clarification on the above? Not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

Nocte
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks!

Yoite
05-17-2010, 03:42 PM

Like when you bash a mob when its running from low hp, and you sucess stun it, it "stops" but then when the bash wears off it "jumps" up to where it would have been if it kept moving and you didnt bash it.

It's a fix for that

Kennebec
05-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Your hard work is always appreciated! Thanks.

yt2005
05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
So are items still able to be recharged somehow?

Phallax
05-17-2010, 08:31 PM

I remember being able to sell and buyback items worked up through mid Luclin. I know for a fact at least res staff off Vox worked. Not sure about all items

Evilashh
05-17-2010, 11:01 PM

I'm buying Haynar a beer!

Zordana
05-18-2010, 03:30 AM
does this also affect the zone kedge keep where targetin mobs out of melee range almost never worked?

nope it doesnt :>
still gj!!!

http://visionaryvanguard.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/2-thumbs-up.jpg

girth
05-18-2010, 04:36 AM
Really would like specifics on the ogre thing, I'm not noticing much.

Gorroth
05-18-2010, 07:44 AM

Not classic. Golem wands, Vox rez stick, etc. could all be recharged this way.

A choice should be made to either try to make the server 100% like it was back in classic or how it should have been. Classic "features" are getting disabled while other elements are being changed to better reflect a classic experience; it's getting confusing.

E.g. the above fix vs. changing the name of a mob back to a typo (like it was).

Rogean
05-18-2010, 10:40 AM
First of all, what was left out of the patch notes was that we did indeed impliment the 'bug' that existed back in the day of being able to recharge items with vendors. What you don't realize is that your recollection of performing the bug is not exactly how it worked.

Second, while we aim to deliver the classicness the best we can, there are certain bugs that are simply that, bugs, and just because it took SOE so long to fix them doesn't mean it takes us the same amount of time. Some bugs can be left in, but most should be fixed.

Ripcord
05-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Not having auto fire was a bug! No reason melee had auto but ranged didn't until so much later, the ranger hating sony devs were just bugging out. Get it?

Kaleb
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
The removing xp from damage done soley by DS is a little premature. Kunark was out long before that was changed.

Samuel
05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
First of all, what was left out of the patch notes was that we did indeed impliment the 'bug' that existed back in the day of being able to recharge items with vendors. What you don't realize is that your recollection of performing the bug is not exactly how it worked.

I can't remember exactly how it worked, but I think you needed two of the same item; one with charges and the one without that you are recharging...

Khebahl
05-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I feel kind of idiotic asking .. and I did try to do a search prior to asking .. but when patches are done, are they all server side or are client side files updated as well?

Many thanks for running this server gentlemen (and ladies if applicable) and bringing back some great gaming days of yore!

PhilPhans
05-18-2010, 02:18 PM

I remember being able to sell and buyback items worked up through mid Luclin. I know for a fact at least res staff off Vox worked. Not sure about all items

i started in luclin and the sell/buy back to recharge was still working. but it wasn't strict sell and buy back.. I think it had something to do with 2 of the item being sold and bought back. one with charges first and then the second sold will become like the first .. something like that

nilbog
05-18-2010, 02:23 PM
lol if you guys know how it works, go do it then. All the hints the developers have given are not enough? It makes me think you didn't do it the first time around.

girth
05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Really would like specifics on the ogre thing, I'm not noticing much.

hi

PhilPhans
05-18-2010, 02:41 PM
lol if you guys know how it works, go do it then. All the hints the developers have given are not enough? It makes me think you didn't do it the first time around.

well hopefully you didn't increase the buy back price to like 3mil pp.

Phallax
05-18-2010, 02:42 PM

or that its been 8+ years since weve done it?

nilbog
05-18-2010, 02:58 PM
google stores knowledge so you do not have to remember <3

maximum
05-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Gonna test the Grim Oakfist quest ASAP :)

girth
05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
This is how u recharge items first you need 2 or more items 1 without the charges 1 with charges. first sell the item WITH the charges to a vendor (make sure the vendor doesnt have alot of player sold crap on them) then sell the item WITHOUT the charges to the vendor if u have more than 1 item without charges then u can sell them too. Then buy them back. All will have charges. I have confirmed this with 2 chipped bone wands (3 charges of locate corpse) I used the charges on one sold the two to a vendor (one with charges first) then the one without. Bought them back and both had charges. This method works well with the Holgresh mojo sticks, Ivander's Hoop, or whatever.

per alla

Brund the Decrepit
05-18-2010, 07:15 PM
"This is how u recharge items first you need 2 or more items 1 without the charges 1 with charges. first sell the item WITH the charges to a vendor (make sure the vendor doesnt have alot of player sold crap on them) then sell the item WITHOUT the charges to the vendor if u have more than 1 item without charges then u can sell them too. Then buy them back. All will have charges. I have confirmed this with 2 chipped bone wands (3 charges of locate corpse) I used the charges on one sold the two to a vendor (one with charges first) then the one without. Bought them back and both had charges. This method works well with the Holgresh mojo sticks, Ivander's Hoop, or whatever. "

But what about Lore items, are we SOL or just bring a friend who has the same item with a charge?

girth
05-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe you have to have 2 separate people tagteam the vendor. IDK

moebius8
05-21-2010, 09:48 AM
on my lvl 5 conjuration whirling wind i never fizzle and my conj skills way behind (lvl 5 spell/11 conj skill) where with ignite (lvl 9 spell/70 skill) i fizzle all the time.

girth
05-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Still wondering exactly what was changed with Ogre stun immunity. I still get interrupted when shrunk and planted in a corner, often enough that I will roll Iksar if it stays this way.

eqdruid76
05-30-2010, 06:32 PM

Like when you bash a mob when its running from low hp, and you sucess stun it, it "stops" but then when the bash wears off it "jumps" up to where it would have been if it kept moving and you didnt bash it.

It's a fix for that

This is also true for spells that stun. Mobs stop moving, but whe the stun wears off, they warp to the pathing point where they would have been had there been no stun.

girth
05-30-2010, 06:34 PM
This is also true for spells that stun. Mobs stop moving, but whe the stun wears off, they warp to the pathing point where they would have been had there been no stun.

Also, they still seem to warp after the stun.

matahari
06-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes!!! You all did it!!

Boats working is a great accomplishment! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

GRATS!!@#!#@!

You have done what that other company said wasn't possible.

I just loaded up on bat wings and fish scales thinking they might be removed!