PDA

View Full Version : Monk Disc Questions/Overview

Handull
06-18-2012, 07:48 PM
just making notes about some discs and asking questions about others. correct me where i am wrong and answer the questions if you can. feel free to pose your own questions too. thanks

Stonestance - Short reuse time makes it nice for FD fails and special group/solo/duo circumstances

Thunderkick - useless

Whirlwind - Great for tough mobs when paired with a tstaff/IFS/etc

Voiddance - Whats the point of this? If the reuse timer and the duration are the same as Whirlwind, wouldn't riposting attacks be better than avoiding them, since when you riposte you don't get hit anyway?

Inner Flame - This seems pretty nice

Hundred Fists - This also seems awesome, and I'm assuming makes inner flame obsolete?

Silentfist - useless?

Ashenhand - very useless?

touchtonedialing
06-19-2012, 11:57 AM
The difference between Whirlwind and Voiddance is with voiddance you dont have to be facing the target so you can run away. Its saved my ass tons of time pulling raid targets.

You dont go over the haste cap with hundred fists so the haste portion of this is almost always a waste. Inner flame makes you hit way way harder and is the one I use almost exclusively.

Quizy
07-05-2012, 01:02 PM
void dance is the premier monk tanking disc for any situation really.. mallet the mob then void dance... obviously this is only if you are assigned to tank something as a monk.

Treats
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
In Velious:

Whirlwind will not riposte FLURRY attacks by NPCs (lasts 9 seconds)

Voidance you won't get hit by the FLURRY + the NPC has no chance to proc (lasts 8 seconds)

Arillious
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
On live, here are the disciplines I used, in order frequency:

Stonestance - By far the most used discipline, short timer. Saves your life for when fd fails. You can literally sit there and let AoW bash you until the FD cooldown is up. Never used for PvP.

Inner flame - Used to burn down targets, the damage is very noticeable. I was on a pvp server and this came in handy to burn down caster's.

Whirlwind - I always kept this up for emergency situations. You can literally tank any mob in the game for 10 seconds and dish out a ton of damage. Equip a high damage 2 hander, go to the corner and be the hero for your raid while you finish the last 2% of hp yourself.. I also would equip the OT hammer when i was in a tough spot, run into the corner, pop this disc and you should be ok.

Voidance - Very seldom used over stonestance because of cooldown. Only use when its imperative not to get hit at all.

Others - Never used.

Handull
07-07-2012, 12:34 AM
So mobs can't proc when you use Voidance, but they can when you whirlwind? (I never played past Kunark, so I have no clue what a flurry attack is, but I *could* look it up)

Also, should these discs be on separate timers? The wiki says they should, but everyone knows you can't trust that. Thanks.