PDA

View Full Version : Double XP weekend

Space
06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
That was awesome.

For someone like me who works a gazillion hours a week, I actually felt inspired to log back in and grind a bit. I gained 2 levels (36-38) in a reasonable amount of time, and found out that feign death breaks beguile undead, meaning I can murder just about all of unrest with a single festering hag.

Good times. I would love to see this happen on a regular basis.

gnomishfirework
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Yea. Double exp weekend was awesome.

MrSparkle001
06-18-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd like to see it permanent. Seriously. I'd rather see the hybrid penalty removed to make xp gain more even across the board but an xp bonus can only be good for the server. That plus Kunark might actually bring people back to the server.

I know that may sound nuts to some of you, but the server is dead anyway so why not permanently boost xp? What is there to lose? That feeling of "classic"? There is no classic feel right now, I mean as a non-caster you can't even find someone to bind you.

Space
06-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I would be happy if they just left it. Might even make it to lvl 50 eventually and enjoy me some PVPz.

Giovanni
06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Given that you are gainfully employed and not nursing off society's teat, of course the exp rate this weekend was reasonable.

However, gaining exp is the first step towards competing in pvp for raid mobs. PVP competition over raid mobs results in Nihilum doing what they hate the most, PVPing on a PVP server.

How is Nihilum going to RMT loots to you if you can earn them yourself via PVPing on a level playing field?

Let's analyze for a moment the post below:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77113

So, Nizzar wants to trade items on a blue server to purchase characters from the up and coming competition on red server. They have 50% of the server, but need more 46+ clerics to ensure that they remain the only guild that drop raid mobs bigger than Seafuries.

Nirgon
06-18-2012, 09:40 PM
I wanted to play my dark elf rogue this weekend but I had diarreah to the point of extreme dehydration.

SearyxTZ
06-18-2012, 09:43 PM
agree w/ leave that shit on

Kimm Barely
06-18-2012, 09:50 PM
22-24

I even found a group in Mistmoore. Great fun.

Runya
06-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Much needed to bridge the gap for newcomers.....gj bros