PDA

View Full Version : 2 Separate Installs of Titanium

k2summit
06-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Do i need to do this if i want to dick around on other servers? My past experience has been, patch files for xxx server, mess around, come back to p99, my shit is all jacked up, reinstall. My second question would be, how the hell do you do it on win7. I know i had 2 separate installs on an older machine.

Danyelle
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Do i need to do this if i want to dick around on other servers? My past experience has been, patch files for xxx server, mess around, come back to p99, my shit is all jacked up, reinstall. My second question would be, how the hell do you do it on win7. I know i had 2 separate installs on an older machine.

>Do i need to do this if i want to dick around on other servers?
No. Not necessarily. The rule of thumb on EQEmu (though no one ever seems to think to do it...) is make back ups of any files you change. Keep them in a folder named after the server that uses them. Compress them in a zip or rar if you need/want to. This makes it easy to switch back and forth. Even the EQEmu Launcher will not change custom files back to stock versions if you change servers. If you want to take the easier route, then more than one install is the way to go, though. I, personally, have 4 different versions of EQ installed.

1. Modified Titanium = P99
2. Steam install of Underfoot = Every other EQEmu server (I treat this client like my child. Tons of file backups. Unlike Titanium since that client's only purpose is P99 for me anyway)
3. EQMac client = EQMac obviously
4. Live client = Live Test server

>My past experience has been, patch files for xxx server, mess around, come back to p99, my shit is all jacked up, reinstall.
That's because not all files, stock or custom, are compatible with all servers. Spell files and Global Loads are the most commonly changed. But there are some servers that change a lot more. P99 has several .dll changes. The Hidden Forest has several "custom" weapon files and spell graphics (In reality it's recompiled weapon and spell graphics from up through Veil of Alaris tossed into one .eqg but shhhhhh don't let anyone know the secret!!)

>My second question would be, how the hell do you do it on win7. I know i had 2 separate installs on an older machine.
1. Install Titanium.
2. Copy the ENTIRE Titanium folder to your C:\ Drive named something like "Titanium1"
3. Uninstall Titanium through the control panel (This removes all install information and files, but since you made a complete copy of the necessary directory to your C:\ Drive it's still there to use. Allowing a new install.)
4. Either make a second copy of that same folder if it hasn't already been modified. If it has been modified, simply reinstall Titanium. Preferably to the C:\ Drive again instead of Program Files. Much easier to mess with this way.