PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Friday, June 15th, 2012

Rogean
06-15-2012, 07:03 PM
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V23 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv23.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

There is currently a Double XP (100%) Bonus until Monday Morning.

PvP Server

Airplane is now open.
Enabled rogue evade
Enabled NPC FD memory
Mistwalker pet dissipates after one round
Enabled DOT damage reduction when NPC is chasing.

Code

Kanras: NPCs rotate between current heading and target heading when fleeing or following grids.
Kanras: NPCs should no longer randomly visually glitch into the air as they're climbing stairs/ramps.
Kanras: Apply poison verifies the item it's consuming is in fact a poison prior to deletion.
Kanras: Apply poison will fail less frequently due to lack of skill.
Kanras: Players are limited to one poison proc at a time.
Kanras: The broken dragon AEs for Vox/Hoshkar/Sev should be fixed. Please bump the appropriate thread if you see otherwise.
Kanras: Adjusted how the chance for a (non-tradeskill) skill to increase is calculated.

Content

Nilbog: Umvera Dekash has returned from South Qeynos to his former home of North Qeynos. You may find him in Crow's bar.
Nilbog: Gorgalosk no longer drops Light Woolen Mantle
Nilbog: Hunter and Forager cycle should be fixed.
Nilbog: Human warriors of Bertox now receive correct starting tunic and faction.
Nilbog: Gnome rogues and warriors of Bertox no longer start with two guild notes. Gnome rogues of bertox can now properly turn in their starting note.
Nilbog: Fire giants and ice giants are no longer immune to fear.
Nilbog: There can only be a maximum of 4 corrupted seafury cyclops spawned at once. They now path as well.
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with Watchman Dexlin not spawning during the day.
Nilbog: Vineclinger berries not foragable until Velious.
Nilbog: Kiraikuei Flesh no longer drops.
Nilbog: Keeper of Souls no longer drops small sapphire.
Nilbog: Giant scorpions now have a loot table.
Nilbog: Muddites and (most)beetles have had their run speed decreased.
Nilbog: Nektulos Forest: Young Kodiaks more common. Leatherfoots aggro certain npcs. Leatherfoot Medic heals friendly targets if asked. Dark elf guards aggro kos players regardless of their level. (green aggro)
Nilbog: The Plane of Hate has been altered. Traditionally, and persisting throughout the classic timeline, walls in hateplane provided no protection from line of sight aggro. In accordance with this change, most npcs have received a decrease in their aggro radius and/or assist radius. So far, hateplane is the only zone functioning in this manner. Beware of these changes and report specific abnormalities.
Nilbog: Crookstinger poison will now drop.
Nilbog: Wurm Scale Coat drop rate increased.
Nilbog: ashenbone drakes no longer have insane resistances beyond the normal rules of bellycasting npcs.
Nilbog: Veeshan's Peak is now an outdoor zone.
Nilbog: Trooper Scale Breastplate quest now works.
Nilbog: Mammoth Calf Hide quest now yields the full range of possible Black Wolf Armor rewards. (multiquestable - indifferent or better)
Kanras: Updated Pillar of Flame: base1 -581 to -637, max1 896 to 952, cast_time from 3150 to 4500
Kanras: Red timeline changes: Enabled rogue evade, Enabled NPC FD memory, Mistwalker pet dissipates after one round, Enabled DOT damage reduction when NPC is chasing.
Sundawg: Lord Grimrot given faction hits and will now be aggressive to Aviaks
Sundawg: Bloodwolves moved to Truespirit
Sundawg: West Karana bandits will attack most wildlife
Sundawg: Choon and Froon of West Karana now hate Chief Goonda
Sundawg: Some ogre merchants in the Feerrott are more open to trade with all
Sundawg: Tovax Vmar switched over to Bloodsabers faction
Sundawg: Hukulk switched over to ShadowknightsofNightkeep Faction
Sundawg: Troll Shaman in Grobb switched over to Darkones Faction
Sundawg: Timvu and Omorb in Qeynos Catacombs will no longer attack the sharks
Sundawg: Guards Kyte and Gonin will no longer attack certain NPCs

Danth
06-15-2012, 07:12 PM
The link to EqchangesV23 isn't working for me at the time of this posting--giving a 404 not found error.

EDIT: seems to have been fixed within about 5 minutes of this posting

Danth

jdklaw
06-15-2012, 07:16 PM
!

fouts85
06-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Was hoping for weapon skill up fixes but , " Nilbog: Veeshan's Peak is now an outdoor zone. " woot !

Haul
06-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Mistwalker pet dissipates after one round

poor Troriste

Kaym
06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Big race slam and combat skill rate addressed in this patch?

Slave
06-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Hoping melee skillups fix is in this one for population enhancement.

kanras
06-15-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't normally put bug fixes in the patch notes unless I need feedback on them. It has been suggested that I should in the case of the skill rates. So the OP has been edited.

For other issues like slam accuracy, etc.. If I said it was fixed in the bug thread, then it will be in there.

Sundawg
06-15-2012, 07:50 PM
If I said it was fixed in the bug thread, then it will be in there.

ditto

And as I get to them, I shift factions closer to how they "should" be. Those too are not in patch notes.

Lanuven
06-15-2012, 07:51 PM
/cross fingers for run speed fix

Jomar
06-15-2012, 07:59 PM
does the ashenbone drake resist fix include a fix for dracoliche as well? draco seems to have the highest resist rate of any mob i've encountered, aside from sky efreetis, and i just figured it was due to some problems with that particular skeletal dragon model. i've tried all the lures on draco, and regardless of what i use he can wind up resisting 50%+ of them.

Namegen_Isterrible
06-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Kanras: NPCs rotate between current heading and target heading when fleeing or following grids.

Does that mean it will be less impossible to beat down stuff that's fleeing and at 19%?

Ogre
06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Thank you!

Brimacombe
06-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Kanras: Adjusted how the chance for a (non-tradeskill) skill to increase is calculated.

Thanks guys. You guys work for nothing and get tons of flack and still keep working. Much much appreciated.

-Brimacombe

Zygorph
06-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Kind of new only been here for once patch. How long are servers usually down for? Btw DOUBLE XP!!! sweetness

Sickle
06-15-2012, 08:54 PM
They said about 1-2 hours it would be down. Should be brought back up shortly by that assumption

Bruman
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Apparently it's an extended maintenance window. That's it, I'm tired of this, I'm canceling my subscription!

Rogean
06-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Apparently it's an extended maintenance window. That's it, I'm tired of this, I'm canceling my subscription!

:(

Tarathiel
06-15-2012, 09:58 PM

can i have your stuff first?

Zallar
06-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Enabled NPC FD memory

What does this change mean?

getsome
06-15-2012, 11:02 PM
does the ashenbone drake resist fix include a fix for dracoliche as well? draco seems to have the highest resist rate of any mob i've encountered, aside from sky efreetis, and i just figured it was due to some problems with that particular skeletal dragon model. i've tried all the lures on draco, and regardless of what i use he can wind up resisting 50%+ of them.

. His hit box is the size of a flea and I think he is a belly caster. Granted I only played a wiz a few times on Draco. I have landed for full on Draco chain casting non stop in the past to get like 8k + damage. I noticed whenever I got a resist was because he was pushed to far. I deleted all my logs or I would post that fight. Try being right in his ass and see how it turns out.

Grozmok
06-15-2012, 11:10 PM
I assume the issue with feared NPCs not turning to face before changing direction is fixed?

nilzark
06-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the updates! We appreciate the dev team's dedication.

Quizy
06-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the hardwork GM's ... have a great weekend.

jdklaw
06-16-2012, 11:58 AM
global ooc removed from Red?

isoka
06-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Thumbs up dev team ! Keep the hard work, it's appreciated !

Tumdumm
06-17-2012, 12:24 AM
global ooc removed from Red?

seems noteworthy but im goin with yes

SearyxTZ
06-17-2012, 01:40 AM
Global ooc actually off, or are you trolling?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120323085122/prisonbreak/images/a/a1/Fry_squinting.jpg

rafaone
06-17-2012, 12:10 PM
/clap

jdklaw
06-17-2012, 04:45 PM
hopefully it was an error

jdklaw
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Rogean saving the day and fixing ooc plus adding more exp boost

RahlaeRuffian
08-09-2012, 11:59 PM
I remember getting decent experience on my warrior here on P99 from the beginning of the Gem Inlaid Gauntlets quest by turning in Tanned Split Paw Scrolls in South Qeynos to Umvera Dekash. I just tried the quest again in North Qeynos on my shaman but Umvera Dekash just ate all of the scrolls and nothing happened.