PDA

View Full Version : Why Kunark Cannot Save This Server

Teradise
06-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I am a former nihilum member, I quit about ~ 1 month ago. I saw the writing on the wall at that time, knowing that Kunark could no longer save this project. There's a few reasons, all of which build on each other, why Kunark cannot be the savior any longer for this server and I'll list them, so once and for all the talking mouths of Destin and company (think I saw this guy in guild once, if that) can be closed.

1) Not Enough High Level Players Will Return

Holocaust is gone, I know my former guild likes to brag about it as if they had something to do with it, but ultimately it was a negative for the server. Founding Fathers is gone, and it seems that if any of them return it won't be nearly enough to matter. Brotherhood is a small guild that is ultimately irrelevant. There's literally only one guild left that can progress 51-60. IF isn't coming back, so where are all these mystery high level players going to return from? The answer is the only people who will return are nihilum members, but it won't help with the next issue.

2) Melees Are Fucked

In Classic, you were able to (pre-flee nerf @ least) solo a melee that was well geared to around 40, a bit higher if you were a SK or Pally. From there you could let the druids put in the work in Sol B over a couple of days and wallah, you were 46+, ready to go. That won't happen in Kunark. Who will group the melees? There will be no one to group with 50+ except other nihilum members, but the poopsockers will already have their clique groups and the rest of the melee will be left out in the cold. What do you do if you're a melee and log on during your day off on a Wednesday? Who will be on? Who do you group with? The answer is no one. Having spent time in nihilum, the melee aren't the most dedicated poopsockers either, they won't keep logging on to no groups, or wait on a list to get into the good groups. You'll be stuck in the shit grind group with 2 other hybrids, no DPS, and a cleric, slowly killing blue mobs as you're lucky to get 2-3 blue bubbles over a four hour grind. Good luck having the melees keep logging on after that.

3) Poopsockers Won't Be Able To Raid

While the melee are slowly getting burnt out as they are completely dependent on others to help them, who there aren't enough of, the poopsockers who rush to 60 on their casters will have nothing to raid. The tanks will still be level 51-53, struggling along, a few of them will have burnt out, and numbers will continue to drop. There will be no one way to down any raid targets in Kunark, since they can't be trivialized with charm, and the poopsockers will burn out, combine this with the warm summer months, it will slowly consume even the most devoted.

4) Not Enough Low Levels Will Make It To Recruit From

There's a reason my former guild is desperately trying to recruit people from blue to PL here. There's no one left to recruit. Literally, no one. Kunark will bring some interested newbies in to check things out but unless they roll casters they will be unable to ever make it to the high levels where they can contribute. As explained previously, there will be a huge melee drought which will be needed to win PVE in Kunark, and the few people who do level their iksar necros to 60 will contribute little.

5) There Will Be Literally 0 PVP

Besides the fact that there is no one left on this server, there will be literally be no PVP because the few poopsockers who liked to try to gank before will have no one to gank because no one will even be in their pvp level range anymore! Combine this with the fact that travel in Kunark is incredibly annoying, and that people will spread across several zones, PVP will die at the high end.

6) There Will Be No Point in Farming

Since there will be no one left except the poopsockers and their melee alts, who is there to farm for since there will be no economy? After you farm a couple of fungi's for your alts, for the sick people that keep on playing, there is literally no point after that. There's no one to trade them to. Zilch. Nada. EQ was so replayable because you could twink your alt's out, play the economy, or go around and PVP. Only one of those will be an option, but it will be much harder for your alt because since likely the alt will be a melee, after all who twinks out casters, who will your alt group with? The other poopsocker alts? This will get old quick, and content will remain unused.

7) Even If Eventually Enough Melee Are Finally Carried Across The Finish Line, There Will Be No Point In The Raiding

Even if by some act of god, enough melee are carried and PLed, and don't get burnt out, and nihilum is able to get about 25 people online to do some raids, a tough number but doable for a couple of things, Velious will be impossible. All of the gear will be meaningless because Velious will require two to three times the numbers and the server will never even break 60 pop again.

8) No Reason To Roll On Red vs. Blue

The point of this server was that it would have PVP, competition, etc. Now that the competition will never return, what is the point of rolling on this server for a new player given all the difficulties mentioned above? Why roll here and wait hours for a group that you won't ever get when you can just roll on blue and get one? Why come here where you won't even be able to raid the end game in kunark because of numbers when you can do it on Blue? Why waste away for months PLing people to finally be able to raid when Velious is coming out soon on Blue, the expansion everyone is waiting for and that won't ever be dented on this server? There's almost no good reason to roll here unless you're a pariah on Blue and are too lazy to start over, but I would argue starting over on Blue is better than starting at the top on red.

Just my two cents about why this server is toast with Kunark unless fundamental changes are made.

deneauth
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I guess I log in to prove people like you wrong. This topic has been rehashed how many times in the past XX months? Play or don't play, but why make the community suffer by posting topics like this... again.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Obviously heartbrand.

Y u post anonimous??//

Dullah
06-13-2012, 10:24 AM
In reality, Kunark is the only thing that has a chance to save this server. To be against Kunark in any way, translates to you being against the server.

I've explained more succinctly how it will help the server that the OP a dozen times, but, by all means, buy into this crap by someone who is obviously butthurt and enraged about losing this server.

Because you're wrong, and I won't pretend you're right.

Kunark will bring in new people who want to play kunark.
It will bring back old people who want to play kunark.
New content stands as the best way to win back people who completed all the classic content.
It will bring folks from blue who didn't want to play classic again, but want PVP.
It will take people from blue who weren't part of the uber guilds, and would like a way to compete over kunark that didn't exist on blue (PVP).
Kunark offers leveling from 1-60 and will provide new population for people to level with.
Kunark offers many pre-nerf items, thus a highly competitive timeline early on (PVP).
Kunark provides many months of raid after leveling.
Kunark balances classes, thus PVP, a ton, making melee much more viable.
Kunark offers 10x the itemization for character development/progression.
Kunark offers better resist gear as well as much more dynamic gear for PVP.
Kunark offers a new race which is huge, esp for necro and monks and will therefore contribute low level population.
Kunark offers epic quests which will bring much more highly contested content to the table later in the timeline (PVP).

Could easily double or triple this list with more time.

Kunark will give content to everyone, as well as a lot of grinding and competing over dungeons for exp and items. Its a no brainer...

Whether it will sustain the population long term remains to be seen, but its the only hope the server has as were down to around 30-50 players on a good day.

Lazortag
06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
I mostly agree with the OP, which is a bit of a surprise. I don't think the server is unsalvageable but I think releasing Kunark isn't going to magically save it, and in some ways it will widen the gap between Nihilum and the rest of the server. I think it's very telling that Dullah's response completely ignores the OP, especially the points about how inaccessible the melee grind will be for people not already part of Nihilum. I don't think he realizes just how slow levels 51-60 are going to be. Together they take at least as long as 1-50, likely longer since it's much more difficult to solo in Kunark due to the huge hp boost that higher level mobs get.

Dullah's thought process is like this: lots of people in Nihilum quit, so they must have quit because they were bored. Therefore they will be coming back for Kunark, because Kunark has more content. The elephant in the room is that lots of people in Nihilum quit because they didn't like the guild and realized there were no better options at the high end. The vast majority of people who quit are indifferent to Kunark being released, and as Abacab would say, that's the real truth.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 11:27 AM
First define what constitutes "saving the server". What is the magic number of average population playing?

This is a red classic everquest EMU. Have realistic expectations.

At the VERY least, this server will and does provide the same level of enjoyment as the blue one does, without the three days sitting in a boss lair hopeing to get on the bosses agro list first so you have a right to it (or wtf ever they do on blue when "fighting" over raid targets).

So yes, when the absent Nihilum come back to work through the Kunark era content, the server will have been "saved". There will be people doing the content without having to join TMO or wait in boss lairs for three days straight hopeing the mob spawns.

And, anyone is welcome to come and try and contest the mobs, as they have been trying for the last 6 months. Thats the heart of a red eq server. You contest the mobs, guild vs guild, you dont join TMO or have your entire raid force sit in a lair for three days.

Like has been said all along, if you like Classic EQ, the game.. then you can have fun on a server like this, even with just 50 other people. If you are just after kill shots from zone to zone with no real goal or reason behind it other then the kill shot.....this server and game is not for you.

p.s. Already people who have not logged in , in two months have logged in again since reading the "Sky is comming" post by nilbog. So yes, its true everyone is just bored and waiting for new content. Just do a /who all nihilum next raid time and you will see faces back online that you have not seen in two months.

Pop is so low because people DID get bored clearing fear for the 100th time and camping their 10 thousandth froglock crown. Its way overtime for a new carrot, this is why Everquest released expansions.... to keep people playing. Why should the same not apply here?

Truth be told.

Teradise
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Literally everything in the post above me validates about everything I said in my post. If your goal is for this box to be a low pop server for one guild because they don't want to sit around for mobs on blue, mission accomplished, but three things. One, that won't work long term because of all the points in my post about how difficult it will be to get your melees high level and keep them from burning out, two you'll never be able to do velious on this server because even if literally all 30 people online are in nihilum it won't be enough, three, please don't call that EverQuest.

Teradise
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Wanted to point out as well that I want this server to work. This isn't meant to be a troll or burn it down, I'm just trying to say that if the thought process is oh just release kunark and everything will work itself out, it won't. Other changes need to be made in combination with content.

Massive Marc
06-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Trollborne about as mentally handicapped as you can get. Guy has the biggest learning disability I've ever seen on the forums. He's so fucked in the head you'll never get through to him. He'll be the last fuck on the server/forums boasting about his dragon kills...

The poster child for neck beard basement dwellers everywhere. The kid is fucked.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Some in this thread sound mad that they got beaten down over contested content. Well thats red for you.

Try more 3 day poopsock on blue imo, maybe will fray your nerves less.

p.s. lol lets worry about velious when its done mmmk? folks already comming back online in light of the sky annoucement, kunark will be 50x more.

Teradise
06-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I don't want this to become a sky is falling thread, that wasn't my point, but I'm not sure what server pop you've been looking at because when I look it's always sub 30 and often less than 10 people nowadays.

Cwall
06-13-2012, 11:50 AM
VZTZ and legacy of zek(red69) are examples of what people want on a pvp server

faster exp, global /ooc, yellow text, devs and GMs that give a shit, 2boxing for lower populations, clearly defined ruleset

Lazortag
06-13-2012, 11:54 AM

faster exp, global /ooc, yellow text, devs and GMs that give a shit, 2boxing for lower populations, clearly defined ruleset

When the "clearly defined ruleset" allows you to train, exploit, and be racist with impunity, then no that's not what I want.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't want this to become a sky is falling thread, that wasn't my point, but I'm not sure what server pop you've been looking at because when I look it's always sub 30 and often less than 10 people nowadays.

All boss mobs still dieing within 24 hours of them spawning, all content still being done and enjoyed by those left playing.

The new carrot of kuarnk will bring back those tired of the old carrot.

If you can only have fun in EQ if 400+ others are online with you, well thats understandable and good for you there is a blue server. Of course the price you pay there is sitting in a boss mob lair for 3 days hopeing to tag a spawn first. Im not into that, i'd rather fight for targets and content, not outcamp people for them.

You do realize that EQmac (alkabor) server had a VERY small population for the last 7years right? And by small, there would be many times during the day that it would have less then 10 people online. Please read that last sentance again.

But you know what, the people who liked the server had fun, and content was slowly but surely worked through. Server first were done there with rediculously low numbers, the server trugged on and those fans of classic EQ there had their fun.

No different here.

You either like the server or you dont. All this bullshit I keep readin is just that, bullshit.

Luckily the devs here know whats up and won't be trolled. They have added a red classic server wing, to their EQ classic reconstruction musuem. If you dont like it, GTFO. Classic Red EQ is just not for you.

Either play wow, or sit in a cave on blue99 for three days and keep your finger hovered over the ranged attack key and pray our arrow hits the mob first lol.

Truth be told.

lethdar
06-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah, folks are coming back for sky, oh wait. This morning:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/25u775z.jpg

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 11:59 AM

if you like EZmode sure.

I like my MMOs to be old school, where acomplishments mean something. The shit im hearing about that server is rediculous. Why even bother? Just play EQlive on the zek server, I hear you can get to level 90 there in a few days.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
lol Lethdar quit after his first few bans for training and setting of CT deathtouch scripts.

went in serach for a less-legit pewpew experience.

Classic legit red EQ was not for you bro. Got to be up to that task, holo did not have the drive. See Terp quitting at level 3, Cwall by 17. Classic red EQ was just not for yall... check out LoZ imo.

Lucky
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
velious going live on blue server same time as kunark will kill red too

lethdar
06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
I like my MMOs to be old school, where acomplishments mean something.

I feel so much pity for you, the worst part is you can't understand why.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 12:05 PM
I feel so much pity for you, the worst part is you can't understand why.

I dont expect the WoW generation to understand. Its ok.

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
In reality, Kunark is the only thing that has a chance to save this server. To be against Kunark in any way, translates to you being against the server.

I've explained more succinctly how it will help the server that the OP a dozen times, but, by all means, buy into this crap by someone who is obviously butthurt and enraged about losing this server.

OP puts a well thought out and well written post on forums with a completely calm and honest demeanor and you immediately call him 'enraged and butthurt' ??

then again bring up the same shit you've been spewing for months about winning/losing a server. lol dude, im starting to feel bad for you. can't imagine what real life is like for a legit crazy person.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Dullah's thought process is like this: lots of people in Nihilum quit, so they must have quit because they were bored. Therefore they will be coming back for Kunark, because Kunark has more content. The elephant in the room is that lots of people in Nihilum quit because they didn't like the guild and realized there were no better options at the high end. The vast majority of people who quit are indifferent to Kunark being released, and as Abacab would say, that's the real truth.

Dumb.

Your post is based on the false premise that Nihilum has "lost members" (wrong). Meanwhile, you completely disregard every point in my post which actually does directly rebut everything the OP is saying. You're also plainly jaded from being kicked out of Nihilum for being a douche bag, thus the reason you felt it necessary to fabricate inner turmoil thats obviously based solely on your personal experience. Says a lot when someone gets kicked out of Nihilum, rofl. Par for the course for you...

My thought process doesn't even involve Nihilum, much less "our boredom", as we still have 20-30 active members, and the majority of the rest still keep in contact via forums or ventrilo. On the contrary, I'm much more concerned about everyone outside of Nihilum. Without other players, theres no sense of community, no economy, no competition and no fun.

Explaining this is obviously futile, as this server seems to attract the most mentally inept gamers from every corner of the planet, but I digress. The numbers reflect the servers highest popularity while players were competing for content to exp and gear up. This content is very sparse in Classic. After 3 months, there were more manastones and rubi bps than active players, and members of the top 3 or 4 guilds were all close to 50. Content got stale, and waiting on Fear people began leaving in droves. Fast forward to Hate, legacy was removed, pop declined drastically again.

Lest some fool say otherwise, I know content isn't the only reason people left this server, but a blind man can see there seems to be a connection with players having something to do, and players logging on...

jdklaw
06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Teradise
Decaying Skeleton

Kilbur
06-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Read first couple paragraphs... Person has no clue.. Went downhill when talking about day off on a Wednesday... What the fuck??? Sorry your Wednesday isn't filled full of joy and happiness..

Lazortag
06-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Dumb.

Your post is based on the false premise that Nihilum has "lost members" (wrong). Meanwhile, you completely disregard every point in my post which actually does directly rebut everything the OP is saying. You're also plainly jaded from being kicked out of Nihilum for being a douche bag, thus the reason you felt it necessary to fabricate inner turmoil thats obviously based solely on your personal experience. Says a lot when someone gets kicked out of Nihilum, rofl. Par for the course for you...

I have no contempt for Nihilum at all, and still get along with most of their members. I was just giving the best explanation I could for what could lead you to believe Kunark is the one thing that could save this server. I wasn't kicked for "being a douche bag" by the way, I was kicked because I allegedly reported Fallen for exploiting. That was the exact reason they gave. Everyone knows this by now, why you feel like making things up about it is anyone's guess.

As for 'fabricating inner turmoil', uh, no. There are people in Nihilum (just like all the top guilds) who left because they were dissatisfied with the guild. I'm not going to name names because they gave me their opinions about the guild and its leadership in confidence, except Reiker who openly admitted that he thinks the officers are all tools. For most players there just weren't many options at the high end for guilds. FF and Holo griefed, Brotherhood was too casual, Nihilum had officers who constantly embarrassed themselves on the forums and who had less than clean whistles. This is the main complaint I hear from my friends who quit (and I'm still guilded with many of them on blue). Releasing Kunark can't possibly change that, so most high leveled players won't be returning for it.

Explaining this is obviously futile, as this server seems to attract the most mentally inept gamers from every corner of the planet, but I digress. The numbers reflect the servers highest popularity while players were competing for content to exp and gear up. This content is very sparse in Classic. After 3 months, there were more manastones and rubi bps than active players, and members of the top 3 or 4 guilds were all close to 50. Content got stale, and waiting on Fear people began leaving in droves. Fast forward to Hate, legacy was removed, pop declined drastically again.

Try not to insult everyone's intelligence when you write things as stupid as this. If lack of content is an issue, why did the blue server have 900+ players before Kunark was released?

Lest some fool say otherwise, I know content isn't the only reason people left this server, but a blind man can see there seems to be a connection with players having something to do, and players logging on...

Some people will return, but very few. And some people will also leave or get frustrated because the gap between the high-end and the low-end widens even more, and barriers to competition get even more unreasonable. This is what the OP tried to explain to you but you obviously didn't get it. There's no point in arguing this because Kunark will be released some day, and when it happens and you don't see some miraculous spike in population, we can look back at the silly things you used to say and laugh about it together.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
OP puts a well thought out and well written post on forums with a completely calm and honest demeanor and you immediately call him 'enraged and butthurt' ??

then again bring up the same shit you've been spewing for months about winning/losing a server. lol dude, im starting to feel bad for you. can't imagine what real life is like for a legit crazy person.

The entire post is based on the false assumption that no one will come back.

You've been trolled by some guy writing under an alias, claiming to be in Nihilum while making every defeatist argument made by the angry, butthurt defeated portion of this community that are too proud to log back in and instead choose to fill the forum with propaganda to further hurt the server. Its a classic 'take my ball and go home' syndrome except they can't take the ball, so they do everything they can do to steal, deflate and destroy it out of anger and jealousy.

Fuck you're stupid.

Teradise
06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Who is coming back I may ask? I addressed this in my Thesis. Holocaust is gone, sure they "lost" whatever you want to say or flame but they aren't coming back. Founding Fathers are gone. Maybe a few come back, peek their heads in, but they aren't ever coming back in force. IF? The Euros are all gone they aren't coming back. There will be some low levels, some blue transfers to make iksar monks and necros and I addressed that, ultimately the grind of SoloQuest will take their lives too young and too early and they won't ever make it to the end game. So who are these returning players? The answer is that they are nihilum members, which I addressed in my expertly crafted post, and they will quickly be burnt out when it's a fight between melees to get into the few EXP Groups that there are. Unless you're privy to some insider information from holocaust or FF or IF that they are coming back strong for Kunark that no one else seems to know about then you're full of shit.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Some people will return, but very few. And some people will also leave or get frustrated because the gap between the high-end and the low-end widens even more, and barriers to competition get even more unreasonable. This is what the OP tried to explain to you but you obviously didn't get it. There's no point in arguing this because Kunark will be released some day, and when it happens and you don't see some miraculous spike in population, we can look back at the silly things you used to say and laugh about it together.
Longer we wait, more true this will be.

I'm all for exp bonuses and hot zones, especially during sky and leading up to kunark. I think it could do wonders for helping old and new players get ready for kunark, and provide more high level competition once its released.

ps. love your passive-aggressive posts where you later feign ignorance and play disarmingly ignorant. shit makes me lol every time.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Lurking around these forums anonymously doom-saying and prophesying about things you're more or less completely ignorant of, isn't helping anything or anyone. Your only motive could be to further hurt the server. I called it in my first response, but for those who needed further evidence.

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 12:54 PM
There's no point in arguing this because Kunark will be released some day, and when it happens and you don't see some miraculous spike in population, we can look back at the silly things you used to say and laugh about it together.

it will be a glorious day. hopefully (for r99's sake), LoZ doesn't release it first.

Teradise
06-13-2012, 12:57 PM
sometimes the truth hurts. I hardly think my post has somehow deterred non-nihilum high levels from returning because newsflash, as addressed in my post, none of them were returning to begin with. the only hope is that somehow kunark brings a shit ton of brand new players to the server but that seems highly unlikely to me, what is more likely is that a few old timers return, play around for a week or two before remembering why the left (no pvp, one guild server, server feels empty, no one to group with, no economy, etc.), about 20-30 new people check it out before realizing that they have to roll a caster or make a perma exp group, with about 75% of those people burning out before ever hitting 35~ and the other 25% eventually joining nihilum. none of that solves the issues of this server.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 12:57 PM
we'd be in tera, tera, teradise..........

If you wound up playing on some shithole server cuz of the queue times on VoT, now is your chance to get back to the main action. Free xfers todays so hop on.

Also, in order to never log out while sleeping in tera and risk the potential of being stuck in queue heres a gift to you pals. http://www.murgee.com/auto-mouse-mover/
install it and have it move you around every 5 minutes when you sleep.

TERADISE.

intredasting.. both instances of "teradise" on the forum occur in Holocaust member posts.

Circumstantial? I think not.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Teradise
Decaying Skeleton

Of course this is Cast, you can tell by his writing style.

To everyone else: if you do not like the server, play on another. EQmac went on for 7 years with a similar low population. Classic EQ is not for everyone, move on.

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Lurking around these forums anonymously doom-saying and prophesying about things you're more or less completely ignorant of, isn't helping anything or anyone. Your only motive could be to further hurt the server. I called it in my first response, but for those who needed further evidence.

how are you in any better of a position to predict/prophesize these things than anyone else here? because someone disagrees with you, that means their only motive is to hurt the server????

dude... nutty.

Teradise
06-13-2012, 01:00 PM
after being utterly humiliated and proven wrong by my epic thesis, the board trolls resort to trying to figure out who I am because they don't know what else to turn to, after all the facts are against them. the funny part is it's so obvious who I am, as I think I'm the only nihilum member who actually left for Tera. oh well not surprising you can't figure out who I am since you were never around when I was in guild. try addressing the points rather than desperately try to figure out my identity, I posted anonymous because I knew that if I said who I was you would turn this into a thread about me rather than my points.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 01:00 PM
sometimes the truth hurts. I hardly think my post has somehow deterred non-nihilum high levels from returning because newsflash, as addressed in my post, none of them were returning to begin with. the only hope is that somehow kunark brings a shit ton of brand new players to the server but that seems highly unlikely to me, what is more likely is that a few old timers return, play around for a week or two before remembering why the left (no pvp, one guild server, server feels empty, no one to group with, no economy, etc.), about 20-30 new people check it out before realizing that they have to roll a caster or make a perma exp group, with about 75% of those people burning out before ever hitting 35~ and the other 25% eventually joining nihilum. none of that solves the issues of this server.

oh fartbrand, just post under your normal account.

Teradise
06-13-2012, 01:01 PM
look @ these guys grasping for straws desperately, anything to cling on to the hope.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Thesis shattered, identity revealed, anger ensues

Teradise
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conclusory

Definition of CONCLUSORY

: consisting of or relating to a conclusion or assertion for which no supporting evidence is offered <conclusory allegations>

Lazortag
06-13-2012, 01:04 PM
It's probably Heartbrand because of his abuse of the word "literally", but regardless of who it is, I think what he says is correct. I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to resort to ad hominems or speculate on what his motivations might be for believing Kunark won't save the server. It could just be that he... *gasp*... actually believes it won't save the server.

heartbrand
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
so many butt hurt people in this thread by me that they gotta try to make every one out to be big HB. I hear they vent screen recruits to make sure they're not me and that poor zozo almost got booted. even with the pop below 10 these people I never even played with still mad as fuck. lovin it

Dullah
06-13-2012, 01:13 PM
There you are. Thought we lost you forever to that troll account. Welcome back.

heartbrand
06-13-2012, 01:14 PM
^OP has made this guy mad as fukkkkk

Dullah
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
You give yourself way too much credit sir, rofl.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Thesis shattered, identity revealed, anger ensues

Cwall
06-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I like my MMOs to be old school, where acomplishments mean something.

what accomplishment are you talking about? the one where you're one of the few retards still playing on a dead box that the devs don't care about?

you're either completely retarded or just clinging onto red99 because you're finally at the top of the food chain(the only person left)

hagard
06-13-2012, 02:49 PM
trollborn is harrys long lost brother both retarded as fuk

Nirgon
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Lol Cwall gouging em

hagard
06-13-2012, 02:51 PM
what accomplishment are you talking about? the one where you're one of the few retards still playing on a dead box that the devs don't care about?

you're either completely retarded or just clinging onto red99 because you're finally at the top of the food chain(the only person left)

quoted for truth and lulz

jdklaw
06-13-2012, 02:55 PM
big HB

lol call urself big hb

SamwiseBanned
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
new game bros. pokemon blue/red

jdklaw
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
so whats funner for someone thats an eq fan, and a pvp fan:

1) logging onto a stable eq server w pvp
2) not logging onto a stable eq server w pvp

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 03:07 PM
orrr

3) log into a stable eq server w pvp that actually has a population (+1 for LoZ)

Autotune
06-13-2012, 03:09 PM
I like the part where reds quit due to the pita grind and finding pvp, so guy suggest more pve content will bring them back.

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 03:12 PM
autotune with a great avatar and an even better post.

so simple and eloquent. <3

Dullah
06-13-2012, 04:10 PM
I like the part where reds quit due to the pita grind and finding pvp, so guy suggest more pve content will bring them back.

They had more pvp than they could handle. Don't let em lie to ya.

casdegere
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
orrr

3) log into a stable eq server w pvp that actually has a population (+1 for LoZ)

4) log into a stable eq server w pvpers that cheat and exploit. (-1 for LoZ)

Tumdumm
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
where do you guys hide that you always cry no pvp? if i cant find a fight i just start turning on my friends and bam, pvp happens

works with pop as low as 2

Dullah
06-13-2012, 04:49 PM
lol

Advisor
06-13-2012, 04:51 PM
WTF is all this talk about carrots?

Just release a wiped server that has classic-velious the day velious releases on BLUE

I guarantee this will work.

They call this a "Publicity stunt" in marketing.

Runya
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Its really simple i dont see why people dont understand it.Most people i know on LoZ already had 50's so its not the grind for them its getting NEW people to log on.Ive had rl friends start here and quit because grinding for forever on shit you've done 10 years ago isnt fun for everyone.We arent kids anymore not everyone can devote the amount of time they did back in the day.I feel exp on LoZ is a lil over the top but i feel exp on red 99 for casuals just isnt realistic.I would log on and see often two-five nihi members on until its raid time where you batphone and then log once said dragon is down.You say its better than waiting for a dragon! And eqmac had 10 people having fun! Massively Multiplayer? More like private server for 20 people.Most of ya dont wanna pvp.....and when its over half of the level 50's that are here for pve server fails.LoZ is dropping kunark in two weeks and everyone you lost to LoZ will only return if the box dies.If you wanna have fun/content i suggest rolling a toon there.At this point the only trolls on the forums are people who pixel farmers who dont want any competition when it comes to pixel farming.Where is the dev input this whole time? Where are the gm events?Where is the content? Where is the leaderboard to make people compete for kills? Shrug LoZ is more fun on just about every lvl im sorry to say.If killing dragons and logging is fun for you.....then you have a home.

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM
4) log into a stable eq server w pvpers that cheat and exploit. (-1 for LoZ)

clearly have not played on server.

/shrug

mycutie
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM
you all a bunch of pussys... all you guys do is complain and wine...thats all i hearo n these damn forums, and thats why i never really check them out... just people being selfish... so go play your fuckin lame ass server LOZ and have fun on

Dullah
06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Then go play. Says 44 online, so with boxing that will be about 15 other players.

Woooooo!

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Then go play. Says 44 online, so with boxing that will be about 15 other players.

Woooooo!

44 / 2 = wut?

Amuk
06-13-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty shocked to see that the Nihilum retards figure nothing is wrong when there's a 20 population server - people don't want to play it, and that's a snowball effect. There's no way a new person would log on red99 and be like "fuck this is sweet" but maybe Kunark will make new players want to solo grind 1-50 and then kunark lvls.

Are you guys insane or what lol.

mycutie
06-13-2012, 05:06 PM
you will never ever see me on LOZ ever Destin... i think its funny how it got all the pussy ass complainers to play there hahahahahha... oh man life is Great.half of FF got brainwashed into LOZ.. its totally worse then Classic guaranteed.

bilbobaggins
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Are you guys insane or what lol.

pretty much coming to the same conclusion at this point. crazies bro.

Rikimeru
06-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Its really simple i dont see why people dont understand it.Most people i know on LoZ already had 50's so its not the grind for them its getting NEW people to log on.Ive had rl friends start here and quit because grinding for forever on shit you've done 10 years ago isnt fun for everyone.We arent kids anymore not everyone can devote the amount of time they did back in the day.I feel exp on LoZ is a lil over the top but i feel exp on red 99 for casuals just isnt realistic.I would log on and see often two-five nihi members on until its raid time where you batphone and then log once said dragon is down.You say its better than waiting for a dragon! And eqmac had 10 people having fun! Massively Multiplayer? More like private server for 20 people.Most of ya dont wanna pvp.....and when its over half of the level 50's that are here for pve server fails.LoZ is dropping kunark in two weeks and everyone you lost to LoZ will only return if the box dies.If you wanna have fun/content i suggest rolling a toon there.At this point the only trolls on the forums are people who pixel farmers who dont want any competition when it comes to pixel farming.Where is the dev input this whole time? Where are the gm events?Where is the content? Where is the leaderboard to make people compete for kills? Shrug LoZ is more fun on just about every lvl im sorry to say.If killing dragons and logging is fun for you.....then you have a home.

so go to their forums and quit shittin up these forums. if the remaining people on red99 wanted to play on a pussy server we would already be playing on loz

Runya
06-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Look at LoZ leaderboards......Ive pvp'd more people yesterday on my wiz then i did in the last MONTH on red99.My pal chlorine.....

Chlorine Swampz oot 2012-06-12 22:40:55
Chlorine Lyric oot 2012-06-12 22:40:38
Chlorine Glooming freportw 2012-06-12 22:17:29
Chlorine Swampz freporte 2012-06-12 22:15:31
Chlorine Frost oot 2012-06-12 22:08:56
Chlorine Juno oot 2012-06-12 22:08:29
Chlorine Errutan butcher 2012-06-12 20:26:44
Chlorine Zylo lavastorm 2012-06-12 14:05:22
Chlorine Swampz nektulos 2012-06-12 13:29:43
Chlorine Abel lavastorm 2012-06-12 13:09:04
PVP Death History (Last 10)

Thats yesterday one dude.....and thats just last 10....prolly had 20 kills yesterday alone.Is there even 10 people logged on to red99 now?Just saying the server caters to casual players as well as hardcore players...They might not be "classic" but it seems like that majority of the pvpers want that.Hell nihi members i see online everyday apparently dont want that either.I think the only thing stopping change here is that people are lying to themselves/devs that everythings ok when its not.Naggys up log on and then log off!

Dullah
06-13-2012, 05:32 PM
44 / 2 = wut?

I'm sure everyone on LoZ abides by the rules...

I'm pretty shocked to see that the Nihilum retards figure nothing is wrong when there's a 20 population server - people don't want to play it, and that's a snowball effect. There's no way a new person would log on red99 and be like "fuck this is sweet" but maybe Kunark will make new players want to solo grind 1-50 and then kunark lvls.

Most of Nihilum have no problem with exp boosts or hot zones to get server pop back up. We want classic to be as classic as possible, but not if it means playing alone. We don't want permanent easy exp mode. With this servers track record, that will mean disposable characters for those who want to break the rules and an even worse environment than before. You could probably level halfway to 50 in 1 weekend with the bonuses coming around the sky patch.

Question is, like I've asked numerous times without answer, what is going to keep people on this server once they achieve 50? Holocaust bailed when they had greater numbers than Nihilum every other day of the week. Founding Fathers bailed when they had equal to greater numbers on every day. Does faster exp somehow mend sore butts also?

Cwall
06-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Holocaust bailed when they had greater numbers than Nihilum every other day of the week.

no

holocaust bailed when half of them got suspended for something nihilum had been doing for weeks

Dullah
06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Funny, my screenshots of upward to 30 people in a guild called Holocaust after the suspension was lifted seems to suggest otherwise.

Kilbur
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Ya runya.. Killing a dude boxing 4 chars is pretty fun.. Killing noobies who can't figure out how to grind on p99 so they go to EZ69 is fun... Not earning your drops cause it only takes 4 people to clear is fun... Another good person brain washed and forgotten about .. Have fun with that garbage

Runya
06-13-2012, 05:44 PM
The remaining Nihi? Dont be a douche riki....this wasnt aimed at you and these forums were shitted up way before i ever posted here.Imo your a pussy....theres no pvp here.And no pvp in a mmo=pussy shit.I will try this without being insulting because i do like you but.....the server will never rebound without drastic change and im afraid if you cant see that then your in a fantasy land.Many times i've seen you log into vent and log out when nothing was going on.....i understand....you did roll a fucking difficult class,but hybrids arent so gimped on LoZ.The population lately shows that people are frustrated and i think LoZ is actually HEALTHY for red99.People could quit eq all together and move on....or stay with the game and if the server DOES make some changes people wont be out of the loop when the better coded server gets it act together.

so go to their forums and quit shittin up these forums. if the remaining people on red99 wanted to play on a pussy server we would already be playing on loz

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 05:49 PM
The remaining Nihi? Dont be a douche riki....this wasnt aimed at you and these forums were shitted up way before i ever posted here.Imo your a pussy....theres no pvp here.And no pvp in a mmo=pussy shit.I will try this without being insulting because i do like you but.....the server will never rebound without drastic change and im afraid if you cant see that then your in a fantasy land.Many times i've seen you log into vent and log out when nothing was going on.....i understand....you did roll a fucking difficult class,but hybrids arent so gimped on LoZ.The population lately shows that people are frustrated and i think LoZ is actually HEALTHY for red99.People could quit eq all together and move on....or stay with the game and if the server DOES make some changes people wont be out of the loop when the better coded server gets it act together.

Did I have to bump or link that thread with the 4 pvp videos within it again? You know the mass pvp we had for a week straight until your retarded ass failed to Slay the Dragon and ran off to ez69 the next day? lol

Sorry, we gave you 5 days straight of awsome pvp but when you lost in the end and it was us looting them dragon loots you /cried and ran to that worthless ez server.

Stop deluding yourself and listen to your kilbur/rikimeru. You are on a fake hack filled server. You want real pvp? Log back into r99 tonight and meet us in Permafrost, vox tonight. But we know you wont because you will get you azz beat like that week before you ran off to ez69.

Dont make me link the videos. Anyways, have fun on your throwaway server, I'm sure we will see you back here on red99 soon as they release kunark, you know damn well p99 >>>>>> ez69 in all ways.

Runya
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Again most of the faces and people i see have 50's on p99...i like you too kilb.....i do but 90% of FF vent is on 69......Are we all forgotten about? Your guildmaster/officers? Dude i get it i had a blast here playing with you guys i actually like you guys more than i like most of the players.But if you think people are 4 boxing your wrong.What little planar gear i have i did with 15+ people when the box first opened.I think LoZ is good overall for red99(they needed a wake up call).I think i earned my gear because every zone has pvp....not hanging at 3am on work nights raiding when everyone else has logged.That to me isnt earning your gear its poopsocking on off hours.You are a good person and perhaps brainwashed but never forgotten.I think people playing eq rather than moving on is good for red99's potential future so dont hate me for playing elsewhere to have fun for a bit.

Ya runya.. Killing a dude boxing 4 chars is pretty fun.. Killing noobies who can't figure out how to grind on p99 so they go to EZ69 is fun... Not earning your drops cause it only takes 4 people to clear is fun... Another good person brain washed and forgotten about .. Have fun with that garbage

Vile
06-13-2012, 05:57 PM
So trollborn = who in game?

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Again most of the faces and people i see have 50's on p99...i like you too kilb.....i do but 90% of FF vent is on 69......Are we all forgotten about? Your guildmaster/officers? Dude i get it i had a blast here playing with you guys i actually like you guys more than i like most of the players.But if you think people are 4 boxing your wrong.What little planar gear i have i did with 15+ people when the box first opened.I think LoZ is good overall for red99(they needed a wake up call).I think i earned my gear because every zone has pvp....not hanging at 3am on work nights raiding when everyone else has logged.That to me isnt earning your gear its poopsocking on off hours.You are a good person and perhaps brainwashed but never forgotten.I think people playing eq rather than moving on is good for red99's potential future so dont hate me for playing elsewhere to have fun for a bit.

So why did you raid Plane of Fear on those 3am to 5am roach raids? Should of fought Nihilum in prime time pvp for prime time fear raids.

I rest my case.

Want real pvp on a real server? See you in permafrost tonight. Tell Freeze to come make some more videos.

Of course you will be busy quad boxing on ez69 with that fake ass code where your charms never break, where lvl 1's hit for 40's with rusty daggers and all the rest. lol

Runya
06-13-2012, 06:06 PM
You want real pvp? Log back into r99 tonight and meet us in Permafrost, vox tonight......If you want real pvp log on we are doing Vox.Pretty funny you invite people to pvp while you pve....lol. Sorry i didnt fight in any of those battles honestly because i dont like some of the people that were invited to FF just to be able to compete with a zerg crew.I know alot of people didnt like some of the guys that were invited late but it was done because you guys mass invite.Again while i do log onto a diff server atm i do support red99 and would love to come back but our numbers took a hit and theres nothing to do.While i applaud the release of PoS(i think) there is nothing to attract new people here.I dont give a shit about your cloak of flames or your god loot and neither should you at this point.Take a stance...say whats on your mind dont just log in and pretend things are ok.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
yeah we kill naggy with 14 "omg what an unstopable zerg nihilum is!!"

you just got outplayed, and ran to a new box

Runya
06-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Why did i? We didnt have numbers til then and frankly i couldnt do it for very long.Also when you guys have 30 on we usually had 5-8 players on.....what could we do against that?You guys should've fought primetime pvp instead of waiting til a dragon popped to log on.Is real pvp fighting you guys 5 vs 30? Because thats what it will end up being.Amirite?

So why did you raid Plane of Fear on those 3am to 5am roach raids? Should of fought Nihilum in prime time pvp for prime time fear raids.

I rest my case.

Want real pvp on a real server? See you in permafrost tonight. Tell Freeze to come make some more videos.

Of course you will be busy quad boxing on ez69 with that fake ass code where your charms never break, where lvl 1's hit for 40's with rusty daggers and all the rest. lol

Dullah
06-13-2012, 06:18 PM
No, your wrong. There hasn't been 30 Nihilum online in two months.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Why did i? We didnt have numbers til then and frankly i couldnt do it for very long.Also when you guys have 30 on we usually had 5-8 players on.....what could we do against that?You guys should've fought primetime pvp instead of waiting til a dragon popped to log on.Is real pvp fighting you guys 5 vs 30? Because thats what it will end up being.Amirite?

The last day FF logged on, they went to plane of hate when we were in plane of fear. If they really wanted pvp, they could have come up. We had 17 players, FF had 14 or 15 + a couple brotherhood.

Come clean man, you just want ez server. Thats fine, but everyone needs to stop pretending its about something else.

Runya
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
14 players when the population total is 25 might be an unstopable zerg....its evident most of Nihi dont want pvp since alot of people think its fine that the population dropped.Do you know what real pvp is? I think pvp is player vs player not zerg vs player.Sorry i dont think you will "con" many to log on with your challenge.I notice your only active pvp'ers log on to 69 also....were they outplayed?

yeah we kill naggy with 14 "omg what an unstopable zerg nihilum is!!"

you just got outplayed, and ran to a new box

Runya
06-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I will log on tonight when your raiding to see your numbers vs the lvl 50 server population i wanna see what real pvp your interested in.Im 50 on red with zero problems i think you want an ez server where new players have no chance at competing with ya.I think from a pvp angle 69 is more even of a playfield since casuals/melees can lvl up.I think you need to stop pretending your guild is here to pvp.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 06:27 PM
You're just tryin to convince yourself at this point.

Runya
06-13-2012, 06:31 PM
And i think your trying to convince yourself at this point....your sig says it for me tho you dont get it.Give players a reason to log in because i cannot find a reason for myself to log in at this point.

Galilao
06-13-2012, 06:39 PM
If everyone on the entire server right now got together in one zone, they could form 1 group.

6:30 PM EST

Roll it back, wipe it clean.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Runya, please thread through this linked thread and watch the videos in it, this was one week before you ran off to ez69:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75206

Case Closed

Galilao
06-13-2012, 06:54 PM
If everyone on the entire server right now got together in one zone, they could form 1 group.

6:30 PM EST

Roll it back, wipe it clean.

Kilbur
06-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I dont hate anyone but FF quit at our prime to play an easier server.... Nobody has given good enough reasoning for this yet... That is weak runya.. Nothing is wrong with 20 v20 pvp every night which was what happend right before everyone left.. Yellow text?? Put in item loot and I will be there.. I could give a shit about yellow text. 3am raiding had nothing to do with what pvp was around. It's you living on the east coast(sorry) and that is the time people happened to be on. Either way.. You guys left a good thing hanging .... Just a damn shame..

Runya
06-13-2012, 06:56 PM
What was i supposed to see? freez clicking with this mouse....link the one you want me to see bro.

Runya
06-13-2012, 07:02 PM
I would love item loot! Yeah i kinda logged on and everyone was gone.....i don't know what happened either. I missed the dragon contesting so i cant comment on what did or didnt happen.Im not saying we logged on at 3am to do stuff but your right we didnt have numbers til late at night for east coasters.And i did try.....there was nights i went to bed to be up in 2 hours(ouch lol).I dont think anyone "left" i think people are just a lil burnt out on old world.I dont care about yt so much either but i do like the leaderboards.Some people do care about YT and it if makes them wanna pvp then i cant hate on them for it.<3

I dont hate anyone but FF quit at our prime to play an easier server.... Nobody has given good enough reasoning for this yet... That is weak runya.. Nothing is wrong with 20 v20 pvp every night which was what happend right before everyone left.. Yellow text?? Put in item loot and I will be there.. I could give a shit about yellow text. 3am raiding had nothing to do with what pvp was around. It's you living on the east coast(sorry) and that is the time people happened to be on. Either way.. You guys left a good thing hanging .... Just a damn shame..

Runya
06-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Also i think LoZ is just something different.You get an opp to take a break and play somewhere without a tremendous timesink.I also think its good because people are still active eq players not moved on to another game(TERA LOLOL).I think the server can rebound if changes are made and i think devs/players can learn from the LoZ server whether it dies or it lasts.Call it ezmode whatever you like but it is enjoyable and for a moment i wasnt enjoying the game.I still post here because i do care about the server and hope things get better but at the same time i can ignore what i feel isnt fair to ALL of us.Until Nilbog posted about the PoS patch i thought we were forgotten about.

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 07:15 PM
I dont think anyone "left" i think people are just a lil burnt out on old world.<3

Finaly we get some truth.

It is what we keep telling everyone and hope the devs listen. Pop is so low right now for one reason alone: people are ready for the new content, people are sick of the old world after 3/4th a year of doing it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone come back once Kunark is released. This is the only true classic legit red EQ server after all.

Devs, read the quote again. I dont think anyone "left" i think people are just a lil burnt out on old world.<3

THIS is the issue. Not all those other red herrings like "omg hard xp" or "omg no YT" Content is King.

hijinks
06-13-2012, 07:23 PM
The EQEmu PVP community is funny..

Here is my take:

In this day and age, if you're going to play a 13 year old game you want the "Microwave" experience, you don't want the slow oven baked experience-- I personally grinded on this box because I never played a previous emu and was up for it.. now that I have gone through that grind, I shutter at the idea of even grinding on LoZ with its 500x xp rate. This isn't 1999 folks, there is a plethora of new video games out and coming out that don't have that crazy grind and people just got bored of it on Red, that is the truth.

I'm shocked to still see soooo much resistance to a serious perm xp bonus on red, who gives a shit guys? If you were to ask me 4 months ago, if I would participate in a 200 pop box but it only took people a week to get level 50 and if I didn't, then I would be staring at a 10 population box at 7 PM EST on a Wednesday night.. guess what? I'd take the perm xp bonus

Far as I'm concerned this community is broken up into two sub groups:

The PvP group want to PvP with as minimal effort in grinding and leveling to 50 as possible.

The PvE group is cashed on old world content and wants new content.

Easy fixes.. the devs here just don't have the time or care for the server anymore so people have moved onto LoZ as shitty as it may be coded, I'm sorry I think it speaks volumes for the state of 99.

Runya
06-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Agreed content is king but you wanna attract new players also some casuals leave or are a nonfactor because it. Those of us who came here from day one are obviously tired of old world.No influx of new players+no challenge for vets=toxic enviroment

Runya
06-13-2012, 07:33 PM
+1 as usual Hijinks. Tho i think there might be 2 other groups since some of us dont care about the grind but since it affects others which is OUR playerbase it concerns me.I think theres 1) hardcore pvp no matter the grind 2) softcore pvp that wants to be 50 with minimal effort 3) Pve'rs who want to play this so they dont wanna wait in line on blue 4) And then the well balanced player who wants to pve to make thier player a more effective pve/pvp'er. I think dev created polls should be in place to see what the fan base wants and from there they can decide whether or not to implement said change.I think the training/trolling/whining and griefers hurt more than they allowed.I think rant and flames was a bad idea lol...lets make a forum so we can allow people to aggravate the players and the devs!

heartbrand
06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Can I just point out we're all talking about a server that has 5 people on it at 7:35 pm EST? This server is done boys and girls, it's time to move on.

Galilao
06-13-2012, 07:39 PM
lol @ HB 2 tru

Akim
06-13-2012, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Dullah;665243]what is going to keep people on this server once they achieve 50? QUOTE]

post my bail bro. 30 thousand

Tr0llb0rn
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Can I just point out we're all talking about a server that has 5 people on it at 7:35 pm EST? This server is done boys and girls, it's time to move on.

ok bye, please move on. please

SamwiseBanned
06-13-2012, 07:59 PM
im curious, is Nihilum still taking apps?

hagard
06-13-2012, 08:43 PM
So trollborn = who in game?

Burrito supreme or the dude in the wheelchair maybe

SamwiseBanned
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
i thought trollborn was mellowyellow. the bigger question is who the hell is destin, i dont think ive ever seen him in game.

pojab
06-13-2012, 08:48 PM
no way bro trollborn doesnt have shit on burritodong or wheelchair

SamwiseBanned
06-13-2012, 08:50 PM
mellowyellow has said similar things in-game as trollborn but who the hell knows. troriste playin diablo 3 so i dont think its him.

hagard
06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
no way bro trollborn doesnt have shit on burritodong or wheelchair

Oh def no those 2 are gods among peasants. I'm saying supreme from nilly or that crap dru that helped lead nilly his name is evading me
Burritodong > r99

hagard
06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Troriste was the one I was referring to as wheelchair

Dullah
06-13-2012, 11:00 PM
mellowyellow has said similar things in-game as trollborn but who the hell knows. troriste playin diablo 3 so i dont think its him.

How would a level 30 know anyone?

SamwiseBanned
06-13-2012, 11:09 PM
clearly you know me, why not vice versa? /who all Nihilum works at any level and I've never seen a char named Destin, not even on raid night.

Dullah
06-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Strange considering you've posted our dkp on the forums and I think I was like top 5 at the time. Guess u bad at reading.

SamwiseBanned
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
ah i was lookin for specific members such as Mellow, tror, and tacoman. i guess you were always on the cutoff list when there was more than 20 people on from nilly. what guild were you in before Nihilum?

Dullah
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Uprising with ole fartbrand.

Snufz
06-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Dullah and trollborn confirmed best posters.

Giving the server its final deathblow.

casdegere
06-14-2012, 07:05 AM
You chimps can proclaim whatever you want. The server will continue without you. It's pop is what it is but people do still play there. You continue to post like you did on blue to advertise red. The devs really are not interested in making their server like someone else's and there are many. They know what they have. They do not require your approval and they already know your opinion 1000x over. Piss off already.

Slathar
06-14-2012, 08:38 AM
You chimps can proclaim whatever you want. The server will continue without you. It's pop is what it is but people do still play there. You continue to post like you did on blue to advertise red. The devs really are not interested in making their server like someone else's and there are many. They know what they have. They do not require your approval and they already know your opinion 1000x over. Piss off already.

You sound like some sort of propaganda minister from North Korea, "EVERYTHING IS FINE. WE DO NOT REQUIRE ASSISTANCE. JUCHE [Red99] IS SUFFICIENT. PIG DOG IMPERIALISTS [anyone who objects to management] ARE TO BLAME FOR ALL SHORTCOMINGS."

Slathar
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
fa·nat·ic
   [fuh-nat-ik]

noun
1. a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal

Destin and Trollborn fit nicely within this definition. D-d-d-double rage post.

casdegere
06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
I write fact and sense. You bitch and complain about not getting what you want like some 2 bit whore that got stiffed after sucking more cocks then you will admit to yourself. You get online on red each evening and repeat the same line of how you are winning. Obviously you miss those cocks you sucked and can't get enough. I get online, play and enjoy the game. Slathar, take a break, you don't have to be a prick every day of your life and you certainly don't have to suck more cocks if you don't want to, just sayin bro.

Tr0llb0rn
06-14-2012, 09:24 AM
The fans of classic red EQ are enjoying and appreciateing the server.

All the scum just spend their time on the forums bitching about it. Simple as that.

And the devs know it.

heartbrand
06-14-2012, 10:55 AM
So you're calling some of your ex-guildmates such as Hijinx and Supreme scum? Just wondering.

Dacuk
06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
I dont hate anyone but FF quit at our prime to play an easier server.... Nobody has given good enough reasoning for this yet...

To be honest, I think interest in playing just happened to drop off for a number of FF (both general members and leadership). That week we had some great pvp with Nihilum we lucked out where we were able to have a big crew log on, unfortunately that week was not our typical #s. I wasnt able to log on for a week after that, and in the past two weeks since, I havent seen more than 10 people in vent for both servers combined. Normally like 2-3 on red99 and 5-6 on red69.

I want red99 to succeed and this is definitely where I want to play long term. However it seems like people are just losing interest. Speaking for myself, I know red69 is a joke, but I'm having a hell of a time pvping for 3 hours straight each night rather than doinking around on a 15 pop serve. Red69 is the first server I have played with leaderboard and yellow text and holy shit does it make pvp exciting.

Well whatever, hopefully things pick up on red99, till then I'll be fucking around and having a blast on red69 with a few pals.

Runya
06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Some fans enjoy jacksonville jaguar games but thier games were blacked out because of empty seats......pixel farmers who wanted uncontested raids got what they want.......how dare us for trying to make the pvp server better.....not many posts from people not in nihi posting that the servers ok....but feel free to make some troll accounts to pretend its not just you that are happy

Nirgon
06-14-2012, 11:47 AM
You sound like some sort of propaganda minister from North Korea, "EVERYTHING IS FINE. WE DO NOT REQUIRE ASSISTANCE. JUCHE [Red99] IS SUFFICIENT. PIG DOG IMPERIALISTS [anyone who objects to management] ARE TO BLAME FOR ALL SHORTCOMINGS."

Dacbane
06-15-2012, 08:23 AM
I write fact and sense. You bitch and complain about not getting what you want like some 2 bit whore that got stiffed after sucking more cocks then you will admit to yourself. You get online on red each evening and repeat the same line of how you are winning. Obviously you miss those cocks you sucked and can't get enough. I get online, play and enjoy the game. Slathar, take a break, you don't have to be a prick every day of your life and you certainly don't have to suck more cocks if you don't want to, just sayin bro.

EQtrader
06-15-2012, 09:17 AM
instead of bitching, try giving rogean a back message for all the hard work on hours of coding on this server, ask not what your staff can do for you but what you can do for your staff

SamwiseBanned
06-15-2012, 10:29 AM
instead of bitching, try giving rogean a back message for all the hard work on hours of coding on this server, ask not what your staff can do for you but what you can do for your staff

you realize rogean hasnt coded server in years? look at the change log at eq emu. i think some of you are underthe impresion that rogean is the main coder for eq emu (not true) or that he started this thing (not true.) he was handed the project after plenty of other developers put a ton of work in to it. dont take my word, the change log is public.

SamwiseBanned
06-15-2012, 10:32 AM
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer/changelog.txt

SamwiseBanned
06-15-2012, 10:36 AM
and just to be fair, its nilbog, null, kanras, and other putting in hours of coding. sucks that noone gives credit to the people actually working on this thing. again this is public knowledge found in he patch notes.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72784

compare rogeans contributions to patch to others. I am not hating on rogean but people give him too much credit and no credit for the people that actually deserve it.

SamwiseBanned
06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
bump. a patch would be nice. i mean devs have put hours and hours to resolve issues and bugs but waiting for rogean to log off starwars to patch the server.