PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Player Tracking

oldhead
05-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Player tracking is unreliable. So far I have had great results with mob tracking but player tracking will lead you off to no where.

The only guess I have is that it seems the tracked players position never updates. Like you will track an old ghost position of where the player was at one time. Refreshing track wont update this position either.

Foldarn
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Resurrecting an old thread. I've seen this many times. I'm a port whore, so I figure I'll average better tips for better service, so I seek my fares out to make it easier on them, except it seems to take me out to the middle of nowhere at times.

I had one person tell me the place I was describing was their bind point and that they'd just gated in from a different zone, so I'm going to try that out.

Salty
11-28-2010, 03:16 PM
When a player shadowsteps or gates, it breaks tracking them too.

Foldarn
11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I assume you mean when you gate while in the same zone as your bind point?

phantom
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Just wanted to say that I've experienced this at least half the time I track players. My best guess is that track seems to think they are wherever they were when you zoned in unless you're near them. It does seem to work when I lose sight of a player in my group but know they're still nearby.