PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Not REALLY a bug, but...

Nocte
05-14-2010, 05:27 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=523

This quest seems missing from the game. I made a level 1 rogue to test it out, and he doesn't respond to any triggers, except asking about Faydwer and Freeport.

Nocte
05-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Additionally, this was also tested with a level 37 bard with no response.

nilbog
05-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Fixed, pending update.

The entire quest was missing.. took forever.

Nocte
05-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Thank you for adding this. I think I may have screwed something up, though.

Full story: The Rogue Errands quest gives you a turn in that you take from the rogue guild in N. Qeynos to a dark elf that's just outside the gate. Turning the card in nets positive HH faction, which I SEVERELY lack. The quest does not award any experience or a single copper coin. The card is not LORE or NO-DROP, however (as per classic), and was kind of a backdoor way to get positive faction in HH. Allakhazam's lists the process as much more effective than it is on P99, so if you want to look at how much faction is gained per card turn in, that'd be neat. If my use of this quest (not outside game mechanics, mind you) pisses you off and you'd rather me not do the quest this way, I'm fine with that too, although this was done on Live with enough frequency that I'm sure an SOE GM made the call at some point that it was okay.

Anyway, I can't get into Qeynos as a dark elf, so I asked someone to help. I gave him some coin, (and a little gear for his time) so he could buy backpacks and fill them with the Bent Card you get. He traded me the bag, loaded a ton of them on his cursor and traded them to me. I turned them in, deleted the note I was given (that I couldn't return to the rogue guild, anyway, for fear of the guards at the gate), and completed approximately 300-400 turn ins tonight. I went from scowling to threatening after about 100-ish. I honestly expected the faction to climb faster than that, but I was okay with it because of how simple it was. The part I thought might have gotten wonky was that occasionally backpacks were deleting, and at one point there was a backpack inside of a backpack (or at least the icon of a card changed) and we were missing about 5 containers between the two of us. He bought something off of a vendor after we decided to give it a rest, and his inventory filled up with cards, too.

Just an FYI. Again, if you feel this is abuse (because I know someone's going to bring it up), I'll find some other way to get through HH, I guess. It's faster than killing orcs, but I wouldn't use the term efficient to describe the process.

So, nilbog, I'm sorry I ate your chocolate squirrel.

nilbog
05-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't know anything about this quest. From what I read the night when I was recreating it, it sounds like you could get faction. The rate at which you can get faction though i'm not sure.

You'll need some other people to back it up, quotes, etc.

Nocte
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
The part I thought might have gotten wonky was that occasionally backpacks were deleting, and at one point there was a backpack inside of a backpack (or at least the icon of a card changed) and we were missing about 5 containers between the two of us. He bought something off of a vendor after we decided to give it a rest, and his inventory filled up with cards, too.

Sorry, maybe my giant explanation was hiding the secondary issue that I might have created. Here it is again.

starkind
04-20-2021, 05:56 PM
The cards or whatever weren't lore. I remember doing this on a human rogue on live and getting decent faction with Tubal Weaver n being quite impressed it was so easy. Like maybe I spent two in-game nights doing it.

starkind
05-04-2021, 12:42 PM
I tried handing a Sealed Note, or Note for Knargon to Knargon, we get after giving the bent card to Jarcol, didn't seem to work, I'm guessing he's a guild leader? So maybe it was bugged, I tried logging in and out and it didn't work again. This was on blue. Edit: *** Actually, I am apprehensive, so maybe thats why he ate the return note *** I was only able to talk to Zann with "Hanns wants you to send some of your men to Prak in Highpass." After I snuck and became indifferent and he still said I need to prove myself more. I will try this again at Amiable then.

I did manage to do the bent card part. So kudos for that! I guess maybe it's pending a server reset? Will try again after the next patch.

tendermario
11-28-2023, 02:11 PM
Sorry, maybe my giant explanation was hiding the secondary issue that I might have created. Here it is again.

I'm guessing that is not a bug with this quest, but may be a UI issue. My best explanation is that he had bags on his cursor that were not visible.

Edit - I'm going to remove the banner from this quest for now: https://wiki.project1999.com/Rogue_Errands