PDA

View Full Version : Manastone vs Mana Robe for a wizard

Neryn
05-22-2012, 04:54 AM
I'm considering saving money to buy either a Manastone or a Mana Robe.

As a wizard, i'm not sure which one is best. So, here's a couple questions :
- Does Mana Robes effect work on Kunark? Will it work on Vellious?
- Apparently Mana Robe has a casting time of 3 seconds, while Manastone is instant. Is it true?
- How much do they go for nowadays?
- Would you think this is a clever investment for a non-epic wizard (and not even close to getting his epic) ?

Daldaen
05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. 150kish for Manastone (I think) Mana Robe however much the seller is asking basicaly
4. No. Unless you have epic to stop the damage or pre-nerf fungi to offset the damage via regen or a friend with regen/heals who is always with you.... I'd say it isn't that useful to your class.

Then again I've never played a wiz.

And if you don't have an enormous bank you won't be anywhere close to being able to afford Mana Robe.

Neryn
05-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Alright thanks.

And if you don't have an enormous bank you won't be anywhere close to being able to afford Mana Robe.

I'm not anywhere close to being able to afford a Manastone either. But i like to dream about purchasing a game changing item for a wizard. And the list is pretty short : Manastone, Mana Robe or Rod of Annihilation / Tola Robe (for the fun, mostly).

But since Mana Robe are so expensive, I guess I'll keep on dreaming about a Manastone.

Alarti0001
06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Alright thanks.

I'm not anywhere close to being able to afford a Manastone either. But i like to dream about purchasing a game changing item for a wizard. And the list is pretty short : Manastone, Mana Robe or Rod of Annihilation / Tola Robe (for the fun, mostly).

But since Mana Robe are so expensive, I guess I'll keep on dreaming about a Manastone.

The manastone will have no value for a wizard without an epic. Id save your cash. The manastone is only good for exping mainly since you can gate to old world stone ip and gate back to your exp spot. Without an epic you are better served just medding.

Asher
06-28-2012, 11:42 PM
The manastone will have no value for a wizard without an epic. Id save your cash. The manastone is only good for exping mainly since you can gate to old world stone ip and gate back to your exp spot. Without an epic you are better served just medding.

The wizard epic will be much easier to complete when they modify it around velious. The only hard part will be VS staff, but I am sure TMO will MQ one for you relatively cheap.

Asher