PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: Vendor Prices of Research-only Spells

Anata
05-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Recently the prices of most spells were increased to an approximate value of 5gp per spell level.
This was a correct move.

But it seems that at least some of the "research only spells" were forgotten during this change. One documented example: Insipid Weakness costs around 6pp on this server right now (if you are lucky enough to find a vendor, who has it in stock). But the correct value should be around 17pp (which conforms to the spell level 34).
http://web.archive.org/web/20010724054317/eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spell.asp?Id=108
(The above site is btw also a very good source for classic spell prices in general)

doacleric
05-13-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't quite understand the post. If the spell is research only, then it shouldn't even be available for sale on a vendor - its price should not be an issue. Are you saying you want the spell removed from sale?

Anata
05-14-2010, 02:53 AM
I don't quite understand the post. If the spell is research only, then it shouldn't even be available for sale on a vendor - its price should not be an issue. Are you saying you want the spell removed from sale?
These spells are not normally on sale.

I'm speaking of the following case:

Player A combines a few components in his research container, the research is successful and he gets the Spell: Insipid Weakness.
Player A then sells this spell to the random vendor B.
Player C later comes by and buys that spell from vendor B (who has but a single copy on stock).
Then the price player C can buy it from vendor B is too low right now.

guineapig
05-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Anything that's trade-able can be sold to or purchased from vendors.