PDA

View Full Version : Ogre vs. Wood Elf

Vendor
05-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Whats the big differences end game, besides the frontal stun resistance?

As a Warrior i mean....

Wolfgang
05-12-2012, 03:27 PM
woody can wear small and medium armor i believe so thats a plus however untwinked the ogre warrior gonna have a pretty big edge on hps and melee dmg because of str and sta. as a wood elf warrior you might run into problems with weight in the beginning if you choose to wear bronze. roll w/e looks cool. i say go halfling warrior, they have best xp bonus in ze game :D

bizzum
05-13-2012, 03:43 AM
End game you still probably still be able to max sta and agi (or really any stat) and wear the same armor, so not much. Just be sure to pump starting points into STA and leftovers in STR (if your really talking endgame epics make getting a resonable amount of dex easy)

kaev
06-26-2012, 02:13 AM
A Rallos woody can be twinked with the imbued (Freeport) Human Cultural, amazingly good looking red color and +str/+sta on every piece. Not incredible, but fun. And really, is anything more important than looking good and having fun?

(I assure you that I am not at all biased by the fact that my Druid is a human blacksmith and would really like to sell some of the stuff to recoup some of the pp he's sunk into it :p)

Galanteer
06-26-2012, 09:37 AM
End game raid -wood elf has one advantage, higher charisma for more DI procs.

ArumTP
06-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Half elf > wood elf

Charisma is the same if we are saying that is important.
+ 5 DEX, +10 STA, +5 STR
- 5 AGI, but anything beyond 75 is rapid diminishing returns.

Wood Elf would have to dump 20 of 25 points in those stats just to start on even ground with a half elf.

Heavydrop
06-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Are you talking about twinking (and power leveling) or just leveling one or what? If you're just leveling one and having fun I'd say Wood Elf. No exp penalty such as the Ogre has and Woodies get hide and forage. Those can be big helpers. Small bronze armor is much easier to get ahold of than large, etc. If money is no object and you have lots of help then go Ogre.

Jeffari
06-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I played a wood elf warrior back on live. One thing I did like was that wood elf warriors got the Hide skill, which was pretty nice. You can also bind wound while hidden which is another cool thing. I mean since warriors don't solo much and you will most likely be with another person or more in a dangerous area anyway I guess it's not that great, but it is really nice for if you want to take a quick afk and don't want to run really far to a safe spot, just con the nearest mob and start hiding. =p

Xaeophi
10-03-2012, 05:15 AM
Imo.. Races dont mean shit.. If you think you "really" need those starting str/sta stats... then go for it make an ogre lol. I personally <3 my dark elf warrior 8). I've tanked the same stuff ogres have and never really had any problem whatsoever. Pick a race/class youre going to be okay with looking at for however much time you feel like dumping into the game 8)

theaetatus
10-03-2012, 08:20 AM
As always, if you want to min/max go ogre, if you want to look different choose the race you like the look of. It's really that simple.

Xaeophi
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
yeah i guess.