PDA

View Full Version : every single goddamn name is taken

Stinkum
05-09-2012, 09:51 PM
should prolly be in R&F but i just cant believe how many names are reserved/taken on P99, im mad bro :o

Destan
05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
True story. My buddy and I wanted to make alts, and name them after the characters in Taladega Nights so we could spout off one-liners while we grouped. He was going to be Ricky Bobby, and me Cal Naughton Jr. Not only were the actual names taken, but in the end the closest we could get was Riicky and Caahl. Literally, Caal, Cahl, Chal, Caall, etc, etc were taken. Caahl is the closest I could get. It's crazy how many unplayed alts or unused accounts there must be right now...

Slave
05-10-2012, 12:10 PM
OR you could, you know, have a tiny bit of creativity and intelligence.

On the other hand, it really sucks when you can't have a name that has been your trademark for a long time in multiple games; that I can relate to.

Sithel1988
05-10-2012, 01:03 PM
my name is Sorb, named after my god
http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/files/2011/10/kevin-sorbo-hercules.jpg

Grozmok
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM
It took them three months, but they got to my forum petition about the names I wanted and gave them both to me.

People like to create level 1 characters to lock down the names they've used on live and in other games. Too bad for the name squatters that Rogean & Co. don't approve, but good for the people that actually want to play with characters with those names.

:D

Stinkum
05-13-2012, 09:19 PM
OR you could, you know, have a tiny bit of creativity and intelligence.

On the other hand, it really sucks when you can't have a name that has been your trademark for a long time in multiple games; that I can relate to.

eh i wish that were the case but at this point the server has been out a while and it doesnt really matter how creative you are if there are 200,000+ names reserved

i was just flabbergasted at how many 100s of iterations of every spelling of random-ass obscure names were taken

Akim
05-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Zhul was born moments ago!

Bill Tetley
05-14-2012, 03:28 PM
People like to create level 1 characters to lock down the names they've used on live and in other games. Too bad for the name squatters that Rogean & Co. don't approve, but good for the people that actually want to play with characters with those names.

So now instead you're the one squatting the names? :confused:

Grozmok
05-14-2012, 06:18 PM
So now instead you're the one squatting the names? :confused:

I fail to see how my post implies that I'm squatting on character names.

All of my character names are in use by me, which is the reason for my petition in the first place.