PDA

View Full Version : Am I an alcoholic?

fischsemmel
05-09-2012, 04:37 PM
2 shots of brandy (kinda nasty, a friend's grandma died and had it in her house and apparently my friend thought I would want it, lord knows how old it is) and half a beer at 4:30 in the afternoon, home alone, waiting for server to come back up.

Wtfudge, eh?

I'm also unemployed, and while ...

I must not be an alcoholic or I wouldn't be halfway drunk from 2 shots and half a beer.

lawll
05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
2 shots of brandy (kinda nasty, a friend's grandma died and had it in her house and apparently my friend thought I would want it, lord knows how old it is) and half a beer at 4:30 in the afternoon, home alone, waiting for server to come back up.

Wtfudge, eh?

I must not be an alcoholic or I wouldn't be halfway drunk from 2 shots and half a beer.

Drinking is for losers go some some pot.

fischsemmel
05-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Do I just go hang out at the local high school and start asking stoner-looking kids if they've got any? I live in the midwest and have never touched the stuff in my life.

Pooh - wife is home.

lawll
05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Do I just go hang out at the local high school and start asking stoner-looking kids if they've got any? I live in the midwest and have never touched the stuff in my life.

Just drive around and look for thugs to ask haha. Anyway drinking is overrated, smoking pot is 1000x better to loosen up with after work or whatever. People who drink to get fucked up always take shit to far or end up with other drug problems.

azeth
05-09-2012, 04:50 PM
I concur pot is fantastic over booze for daily use.

A lot of amateur smokers will attempt the booze 'n smoke on a saturday night maneuver, to find themselves stoned asleep on a couch much earlier than anticipated.

For example, i've worked 13 hours so far today - I will go home, get my workout in, shower, then light a nice joint and be 100% raring to go at 4 am tomorrow.

If i were to go home and drink enough Dewars White Lable scotch to get myhead where it needs to be, I may not be so keen on waking up @ 4 am

fischsemmel
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Dewars White Lable scotch

Sounds significantly better than my old, dead-lady brandy and year-old, detroit-lion's bud light. Oh well. Somebody had to clean out my liquor cabinet and minifridge, might as well be me!

lawll
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I concur pot is fantastic over booze for daily use.

A lot of amateur smokers will attempt the booze 'n smoke on a saturday night maneuver, to find themselves stoned asleep on a couch much earlier than anticipated.

For example, i've worked 13 hours so far today - I will go home, get my workout in, shower, then light a nice joint and be 100% raring to go at 4 am tomorrow.

If i were to go home and drink enough Dewars White Lable scotch to get myhead where it needs to be, I may not be so keen on waking up @ 4 am

Makes you wonder why it's still illegal lots of money to be made. A lot more people would buy weed to relax then a 6 pack.

Kraftwerk
05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
You know what's way better than drinking, or weed? No drinking or drugs, exercising regularly (~5miles a day and strength training few days a week) and the feeling of contentment from working 50-60 hour weeks (not salary so making lots of OT) at a job you don't entirely hate. Compared to when I was a fish and blowing coke and buying weed/shrooms on the reg in college I feel like I would hate myself if I ever did any substance again.

But hey that's just me, toke it up brah!

Diggles
05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
kraftwerk are you a fag?

MiRo2
05-09-2012, 10:02 PM

Wtfudge, eh?

Alcohol misuse includes "risky/hazardous" and "harmful" drinking that places individuals at risk for future problems. "Risky" or "hazardous" drinking has been defined in the United States as more than 7 drinks per week or more than 3 drinks per occasion for women, and more than 14 drinks per week or more than 4 drinks per occasion for men. "Harmful drinking" describes persons who are currently experiencing physical, social, or psychological harm from alcohol use but do not meet criteria for dependence.

Sounds like your about a drink and a half away.

HarrisonStillPosting
05-10-2012, 07:13 AM
nah I'm pretty sure weed is better than no weed.

This man can't afford rent because of his addictions.

Drugs are clearly the way to win at life.

FoxxHound
05-10-2012, 11:09 AM
shure

dredge
05-10-2012, 01:57 PM

Crass
05-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Not an alcoholic, maybe just a little melodramatic.
My doctor said more than 10 drinks a week is alcoholic, which is a bit exaggerated but works out alright, because tbh I don't feel any better or worse between drinking nothing and having two on any given weeknight.

lawll
05-10-2012, 02:48 PM
You know what's way better than drinking, or weed? No drinking or drugs, exercising regularly (~5miles a day and strength training few days a week) and the feeling of contentment from working 50-60 hour weeks (not salary so making lots of OT) at a job you don't entirely hate. Compared to when I was a fish and blowing coke and buying weed/shrooms on the reg in college I feel like I would hate myself if I ever did any substance again.

But hey that's just me, toke it up brah!

I think someone needs to roll this guy a blunt.

azeth
05-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Compared to when I was a fish (Alcohol) and blowing coke and buying weed/shrooms on the reg in college I feel like I would hate myself if I ever did any substance again.

Yea man, because relaxing after a long day with a joint is totally comparable to your coke habit.

You, and likeminded folks, are the reason why weed is looked on negatively. Also, 5 miles a day with strength training apparently is worth mentioning?

In that case, im an avid pot smoker and my M-F routine looks like:

3:30 wake up
3:50 finish cardio routine on my Heavy Bag
3:55 protein shake
4:00 shower
4:20 leave for the T
5:00 arrive @ the building in PO Square in beantown
12:30 Lunch, sometimes Squash with my buddy, other times a salad in the caf
6:30 leave work
7:30 arrive at home
9:00 finish P90X
9:30 dinner/joint

So i guess that boils down to M-F 100 minutes of cardio, 450 minutes of strength training, an eighth of weed, and no hangovers.

what a fucking stoner huh? l2smoke like an adult

Kraftwerk
05-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Yea man, because relaxing after a long day with a joint is totally comparable to your coke habit.

You, and likeminded folks, are the reason why weed is looked on negatively.

Here are how my different habits broke down in college for me:

Alcohol - Good social life, grades suffer a bit, mental health suffered somewhat.
Weed - Declining social life, grades suffered, mental health suffered a lot.
Uppers - Somewhat declining social life, good grades, mental health was off after extended use.
Shrooms/Acid - Mixed social life, mixed grades, mental health weird had to stop was making me hate myself.
Coke - Good social life, oddly best grades ever in college including an A+ on a 20 pg paper, after my 1.5 year use had to stop was going broke and getting depressed.

Clean and Sober - Good job nearing six figure and I am workaholic so I like it, good social life, busy all the time out of work, great mental health.

Just my own personal experience and feelings with drugs and drinking compared to going sober few years back. Obviously everyone differs but I find nothing redeeming about any drugs compared to being clean/sober and active. Just me though like I said, feel free to roll some doobs and relax all you want.

Kraftwerk
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Also what is the utility behind P90x, what are you training for and what is its intended purpose? I never understood it clearly. I do a push pull 4 day a week routine with three week rotation. And my running is usually a few miles in morning and a few at night with the dog to tire him out since he is still an active puppy. The push/pull i do is from a college sports trainer designed to improve muscle utility. I'm trainging for my third Tough Mudder, I love those mud races. Do you train for a specific goal or just to look good?

lawll
05-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Here are how my different habits broke down in college for me:

Alcohol - Good social life, grades suffer a bit, mental health suffered somewhat.
Weed - Declining social life, grades suffered, mental health suffered a lot.
Uppers - Somewhat declining social life, good grades, mental health was off after extended use.
Shrooms/Acid - Mixed social life, mixed grades, mental health weird had to stop was making me hate myself.
Coke - Good social life, oddly best grades ever in college including an A+ on a 20 pg paper, after my 1.5 year use had to stop was going broke and getting depressed.

Clean and Sober - Good job nearing six figure and I am workaholic so I like it, good social life, busy all the time out of work, great mental health.

Just my own personal experience and feelings with drugs and drinking compared to going sober few years back. Obviously everyone differs but I find nothing redeeming about any drugs compared to being clean/sober and active. Just me though like I said, feel free to roll some doobs and relax all you want.

So you had a problem with drugs and need to stop to live as a normal person. Some of us can still smoke and not have it effect our daily lives.

Kraftwerk
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
So you had a problem with drugs and need to stop to live as a normal person. Some of us can still smoke and not have it effect our daily lives.

Have you done an objective analysis over an extended period comparing your social, financial, physical and mental health while using a substance compared to when you're not using it? If you have and found yourself better off with drugs in your life more power to you, my experience personally and witnessing other people is that is rarely if ever the case.

azeth
05-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Also what is the utility behind P90x

just to look good, and i know the routine by heart so it's almost a mobile workout. if im even without dumbbells or a pullup bar i can combine a lot of different sets from the dvds and get a nice HIIT workout

lawll
05-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Have you done an objective analysis over an extended period comparing your social, financial, physical and mental health while using a substance compared to when you're not using it? If you have and found yourself better off with drugs in your life more power to you, my experience personally and witnessing other people is that is rarely if ever the case.

You only live once man and long as your not shootin, snortin or popin it's all good. Also the rate weed is going with all the medical shit and voting for it here and there. It might even be legal in our life time.

TheLionRoars
05-11-2012, 11:31 AM
did not read.

if you enjoy alcohol.

chances are, your an alcoholic speaking your body has a natural aversion to its tastes and effects.

acquired taste = killed brain cells

FoxxHound
05-11-2012, 12:02 PM
did not read.

if you enjoy alcohol.

chances are, you're like almost everyone else.

lawll
05-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Don't forget pain pills to.

azeth
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
chances are, your an alcoholic speaking your body has a natural aversion to its tastes and effects.

acquired taste = killed brain cells

confirmed lifelong virgin and possible stereotypical 80's geek.

"mehhh but the chermical cannot POSSIBLY withstand heat at that temperature!"

TheLionRoars
05-11-2012, 12:57 PM
yeah,

couldn't possibly be a nutritionist, martial artist, and devout hindu

nah we will go with 80's nerd

azeth
05-11-2012, 01:32 PM

you said it

Safon
05-11-2012, 09:02 PM
yeah,

nah we will go with 80's nerd

Devout hindu? *snicker*

Knuckle
05-14-2012, 10:56 PM

Wtfudge, eh?

no just sounds like ur a big pussy

Ghordo
05-16-2012, 10:16 PM
^What this guy said.

FoxxHound
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
no just sounds like ur a big vuhjayjay

Scratch&Sniff
05-16-2012, 10:28 PM

Pooh - wife is home.

taco bell is the best place to find weed in unknown territory.