PDA

View Full Version : Considering trying Red

Yacoby44
05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Hello everyone, due to issues with my other character I have decided to see what it was like on the Red PvP server. All this talk about it going down and the population being low was making me really sad, so I figured the only way to turn things around would be for some of us blue side players to learn what real EQ PvP is all about and give it a shot.

There is one question I have been wondering. I realize that playing a warrior on a PvP server is next to impossible and the whole situation is just asking to be trolled, but I was wondering, is it possible to play on a PvP server as a warrior tanking for your guild / buddies to help them level up whenever there are times there IS no PvP happening at that moment in time? I understand once PvP happens if you don't have an uber resist set that you are just a sitting duck, but I was just wondering if it was viable. I understand it would be hard, but I heard a guy got epic 1.0 on a warrior here so if he can do it, maybe somebody else can. Anyway, just curious what you guys thought. Have a great evening everyone.

Edit: Just realized there is no Kunark on Red. The warrior I saw a picture of with epic must of been from another PvP server or possibly Live.

Vohl
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
No Kunark, so no epics on red99. Warriors are fine in groups, but groups can be hard to come by. Good luck!

Jabber
05-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Partner up with a dru you guys could aggro kite thru the levels

hagard
05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
i been able to solo my war to 23 so far get a duo partner and you will be fine

Yacoby44
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Are warriors wanted or needed for certain situations? Like I am assuming PvP guilds have to PvE at some point for better gear. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a bad decision. I love playing a warrior and I am sure that I am going to get trolled but I think it might be fun so I think I am gonna go roll right now. See some of you in game I guess.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good guide to creating and leveling a character on Red99? Any pointers to help get me started would be greatly appreciated. I want to make the most out of this experience that I can. If anyone wants to duo let me know I am more than up to give it a go. I would like to eventually be casually playing Red and maybe even tanking some of the top end stuff for the guilds here. Nice to meet everyone by the way.

Ladytron
05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
warriors are a viable pvp and pve character,

checkout the Brotherhood guild we have groups constantly thru all the timezones and have lots of fun. currently also preparing for all endgame raids as well.

have fun tho :) crushbone/unrest will probably be the deciding factor on you staying or not id say

Seaweedpimp
05-08-2012, 10:46 PM
War would be a good choice, if you join a bigger guild like brotherhood.

You just need to choose what kind of war you want, if you roll ogre/troll put points into dex and agi. if you roll anything else youl probably want to put those points in str and stamina.

Zigfreed
05-09-2012, 12:43 AM
I'll go the other way and say do not play a warrior. No. Or a rogue. When you find duo/group action it's great but you'll be solo waaaay more than you would wish. Btw real men play paladins if going the melee route.

For purposes of checking out the flavor of the server I'd suggest a caster, a druid or somesuch. You really don't want to saddle yourself with the lfg blues as well as newness to pvp. Make friends quick (duh) and ask for help.

Humerox
05-09-2012, 01:55 AM
convince a couple friends from blue to play with you and you're gold.

if you join Brotherhood you may get some PL love as a warrior...i understand they're losing a good one.

/salute Basiah

if you come red solo and want a viable melee...pally is the only choice and it's a tough row to hoe.

/wave Ziggy and Tombom

jdklaw
05-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Warriors are beastly and scale with levels. New resists make u a lot more viable as u can resist roots etc. Spend all your money on clickies from the potion vendors. Basiah can give u tips.

Vohl
05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
You'll need a healer partner to have fun playing a warrior. If you can get one, you're golden. If not, consider another class. Mob flight and HP recovery will make EQ very tedious for you without a partner.

Nirgon
05-09-2012, 11:12 AM
STOP MAKING WARRIORS AND ROGUES SOLO

IT DOESN'T WORK SOLO ON THE PVE SERVER EITHER

jdklaw
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
You'll need a healer partner to have fun playing a warrior. If you can get one, you're golden. If not, consider another class. Mob flight and HP recovery will make EQ very tedious for you without a partner.

yup, even a snare partner will make your life better.. However, you can move into unrest and not have to worry about fleeing mobs until mid 30's

Yacoby44
05-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Well I made up my mind, I am gonna go for it on Red. I made my warrior just now his name is Warwagon. I am gonna try my best to get some levels naked with out a single copper, not even my newbie tunic quest is working (coming next patch), so I'm gonna try to beast mode it when I have the time and expect griefers, expect the worst, hope for the best, that's the saying I use to get through hard times in my life, I would imagine it works on EQ too. So I may be soloing light blues and greens for a while with no partner or gear. Oh well, it sounds like fun to me.

Zigfreed
05-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Hope you have a blast man. Teeth in qeynos area, belts in gfay..

Wamorn
05-10-2012, 12:16 AM
What race did you choose? When you decide to start accepting items let me know I have a langseax of the wolves and a couple 1handers I can give you. Send a tell to Naiya or Wamorm.

Yacoby44
05-10-2012, 12:48 AM
I chose a human. I know Ogres, Trolls, Barbarians are better, but I wanted a challenge and to have fun while doing it. What quest should I look up for the teeth in Qeynos? Any tips or any help anyone might have is greatly appreciated, anything to help me make it through the first few levels on this server. Thanks guys, see you in game.

Rootwind
05-10-2012, 01:25 AM
The Moonstone quests on the wiki.

Labyrrinth
05-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey Yacoby, I'll look you up. I wouldn't mind giving this server a try too - I could roll a druid or cleric for healing,, or heck maybe even a shaman? Though getting to where you are might be problematic initially.

Wamorn
05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
If you make a barbarian shaman your right.next door. If you want troll or ogre I will port you, over there after work.

Labyrrinth
05-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks Wamorn! Any suggestions on which class might be best - cleric, shaman or druid? I know each brings its own set of pros (druid for snares/ports, shaman for slows/pet/buffs/debuffs, and cleric of course is the ultimate healer) but considering it's PVP too, is there one class that would be more beneficial?

Oh and I will not be playing an ogre or troll :)

Nirgon
05-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Human warrior has to put on so much gear to be as strong as an ogre. Correct me if I'm wrong but on this server, an ogre shaman would beast you in a joust with a gator maul.

Wamorn
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM
What time do you guys play? I am considering rolling an ogre warrior.

Labyrrinth
05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
I can start playing around 7-7:30 CST during the week - work, eating, playing with the dog, etc have to be done first.

Weekend nights and weekends can vary but I can generally play whenever

Nirgon
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
At least go SK, warrior is for twinking

Wamorn
05-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I plan on twinking, I have mith legs/arms/2h, gatorsmash tbb etc.

Btw, server pop was in the 70s last night. Not too bad. Who cares if its in the 20s mid day when everyone is working or at school. Get a job.

HarrisonIsStillPosting
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
didnt bother to read OP, just read title.

dont waste your time, this server is dead beyond revival.

This player was griefed off of Red99 by bluebies. He is bitter that he is incapable of handling Classic Everquest PVP. Disregard this faggot. He spends his time training lowbies and registering dozens of forum accounts to pat himself on the back with in threads to appear popular on the internet.

Nirgon
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Well you're good then. I just don't advise giving up FD, invis, see invis and ITU.

Yacoby44
05-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Lets do this. LEEEEEROY JEEEEEEEEEENKINSSSSS!!! *rushes the whole red server*

Wamorn
05-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Troll sk exp is sooo slow though. Mad props to anyone who has leveled one or even people who group with them

Yacoby44
05-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Wamorn I sent you a PM btw. Just wanted to let you know.

Seaweedpimp
05-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Sorry i wasnt able to chat last night. Big things.

Id like to help you out with some money.

Seaweedpimp
05-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks Wamorn! Any suggestions on which class might be best - cleric, shaman or druid? I know each brings its own set of pros (druid for snares/ports, shaman for slows/pet/buffs/debuffs, and cleric of course is the ultimate healer) but considering it's PVP too, is there one class that would be more beneficial?

Oh and I will not be playing an ogre or troll :)

pm me

Labyrrinth
05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Slippery... I need money!! :)

Yacoby44
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Labyrrinth is going to be my leveling partner when we get the chance together. Also Seaweed I sent you a PM and I am in game now if you want to chat. Thanks for all the help guys! I want to make the most of this experience and kick some ass on RED99! W00t!

Seaweedpimp
05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Enjoy pals

Yacoby44
05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Alright, so day 2 of RED99. I have met some pretty cool people in game so far (Freez, Cheeseycakes, Zippy, Nbajam, Rootwind, Wilddena) sorry for anyone I forgot. The funny thing is, the few Nihilum members I have run into have been very kind to me (IE. Buffs, kind words) So I don't know what I am supposed to do when I get higher level when I have friends from different guilds. Idk but I think its gonna be fun. Also if anyone in game has any junk items they can spare PM me or message me in game, I am still running around half naked, lol. Well I am gonna log in now and see whats up. See you in game guys.

Nirgon
05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
I can't justify giving things away to a human warrior, roll an ogre and we'll chat.

It'd be like trying to help someone who fails the test when he has the answers, na'mean.