PDA

View Full Version : Semi Long Term Idea (4-5 months) to Make Red 99 Fluorish

Toehammer
05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I think the server has a near-perfect rule setup right now and I am loving playing. Unfortunately... the server was doomed from the first night and subsequent weeks. No guard assist really hamstringed the server at launch, resists were CRAZY messed up, exploits up the wazoo. All of that is fixed now. Unfortunately, it is TOO LATE for a wipe... maybe 5 months ago would have worked.

My solution:
OPEN A SECOND RED SERVER, starting from scratch with current server rules (legacy time frame for >3 months or so). With guard assists, global ooc, better resists, and no exploiting... TONS of people would come back or start up fresh. With the scaling exp formula people would be grouping and leveling at a good clip. After 4-5 months merge both red servers... I bet you the population would be over 200 on most nights in the merged red server

Red 99 server pop is just too damn low right now. I love playing it, but imagine what it could be!

jdklaw
05-04-2012, 02:14 AM
its too low so lets attempt to split it in half

Silentone
05-04-2012, 02:36 AM
its too low so lets attempt to split it in half

lmao...

aborted
05-04-2012, 02:56 AM
I think if 2 boxing bans were lifted we would see an increase in population.

Brewdus
05-04-2012, 07:11 AM

like 2x the current pop? :eek: lol

Destan
05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Not sure that splitting the population would solve the problem, since the damage is done and Red 99 has a scent of failure on it now. It's like Vanguard: great game after they'd fixed all the issues, but their terrible launch and the reputation it earned during that period doomed it forever. I quit with the rest of the 99% of people who tried it, while my close friend stuck it out. He tried for years to convince me "It's fixed, it's better, come try it!". The stench of terrible never left it in my mind, and I never gave it another chance.

Besides, even if you split it evenly down the middle three people on each server would be really boring and you'd never be able to field a full group again.

mostbitter
05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
wipe w/ exp boost would be better

dcapotos
05-04-2012, 10:29 AM

ironically, this is true. We would see even more if we let 3 or 4 boxing. DO IT!

Dullah
05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Not sure that splitting the population would solve the problem, since the damage is done and Red 99 has a scent of failure on it now. It's like Vanguard: great game after they'd fixed all the issues, but their terrible launch and the reputation it earned during that period doomed it forever. I quit with the rest of the 99% of people who tried it, while my close friend stuck it out. He tried for years to convince me "It's fixed, it's better, come try it!". The stench of terrible never left it in my mind, and I never gave it another chance.

Besides, even if you split it evenly down the middle three people on each server would be really boring and you'd never be able to field a full group again.

Vanguard never got better, I tried it after their relaunch. Sure they fixed bugs, it ran smoother, but it wasn't the game it was meant to be - incomplete. The only people who could have made Vanguard better were the people who started it. Had more potential than any mmo ever, but truly great games can't be created any more because no ones willing to put up the money (Microsoft in vgs case).

and yep, same with r99. Its great that its there to drop in on and play once in a while, but it was too little too late to be a big hit. Having serious bugs and people losing items and never having them reimbursed doesn't cut it. There needs to be confidence the server will have attention more than twice a year. This isn't that server.

Nirgon
05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Yeah so Amelinda can box 3 EQs to watch 3 servers with 3 times the bitching.

Stupid.

Vohl
05-04-2012, 12:06 PM
The amount of bitching would be proportional to the number of players.

kindred
05-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Yeah so Amelinda can box 3 EQs to watch 3 servers with 3 times the bitching.

Stupid.

which is more stupid?

Amelinda watching 3 servers at once?

Staff asking Amelinda to watch 2 at servers at once?

Nirgon thinking watching 3 servers is stupid, but not 2?

Calling an idea stupid because there isn't enough care in the staff to implement it?

Best idea anyone has offered yet, and it conceivably would work if there is enough money donated. Imo the staff was the biggest contributor to server's current failure.

SearyxTZ
05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I think the server has a near-perfect rule setup right now and I am loving playing. Unfortunately... the server was doomed from the first night and subsequent weeks. No guard assist really hamstringed the server at launch, resists were CRAZY messed up, exploits up the wazoo. All of that is fixed now. Unfortunately, it is TOO LATE for a wipe... maybe 5 months ago would have worked.

My solution:
OPEN A SECOND RED SERVER, starting from scratch with current server rules (legacy time frame for >3 months or so). With guard assists, global ooc, better resists, and no exploiting... TONS of people would come back or start up fresh. With the scaling exp formula people would be grouping and leveling at a good clip. After 4-5 months merge both red servers... I bet you the population would be over 200 on most nights in the merged red server

Red 99 server pop is just too damn low right now. I love playing it, but imagine what it could be!

http://i.imgur.com/sYYgS.gif

Tombom
05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
lolololol

toe-Hammered

Toehammer
05-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow a couple of you got it... the others really sh*t the bed.

When did I ever mention splitting the population?!?! lol... poor reading comprehension skills guys. I am suggesting a parallel, fresh server to draw back in people that AREN'T PLAYING NOW. good friggin god some of you are slow

and the comments about Amelinda watching X servers... from all of your pathetic whining it sounds like she is barely watching this one...

Maybe I need to put it in two sentences so the troglodytes can comprehend it:
The population is too low because the server started off broken from opening night causing mass exodus after the first couple weeks. Start a server off right (everything mentioned in OP), and once it has some momentum, merge it with the existing one.

There is NOTHING in there about splitting a population... if a split naturally evolves, then it would be red 99 with ~100-X and new server with I dunno ~200+X? Basically you would bring back a lot of people who should have been playing Red99 from launch and fresh faces.

Tombom
05-04-2012, 07:14 PM
this is just so wrong.

you have to be trolling

Toehammer
05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
this is just so wrong.

you have to be trolling

... awaiting one valid counterpoint

Vohl
05-04-2012, 11:19 PM
If the new box has the legacy flag set, it'd draw population from Red. If it doesn't, the population won't be all that high. Some people will show on a new server just to sprint to 50. These might come from Red. If the population gets high enough, it'll also draw people from Red to grief. Er, PvP.

Soldier
05-04-2012, 11:55 PM
horrible idea, why open more servers when we cant even get staff to fix this one.. yea right

Tombom
05-04-2012, 11:56 PM
... awaiting one valid counterpoint

pop is all time low, rebounding but low

splitting it does NOTHING

creates a ghost server with no druid pals to help vs

play now, lvl now, get pals, win game.

seems like youve never played launch of anything, lifes hard out there dawwg

Toehammer
05-05-2012, 12:03 AM
If the new box has the legacy flag set, it'd draw population from Red. If it doesn't, the population won't be all that high. Some people will show on a new server just to sprint to 50. These might come from Red. If the population gets high enough, it'll also draw people from Red to grief. Er, PvP.

These are valid concerns, although griefers are now proliferating Red as it is... twinks with rubi BPs, haste items, etc are constantly griefing NEW people to the server. I have met 7 people who have started and left in their mid-teens/twenties because griefing twinks were CCing them.

Legacy era is good for all... encourages new players and those who didn't make it in time to Red99. Let's be honest, the majority of players on Red99 are past level 42... so they won't switch over. If red reaches 80-100 peak pop now, it might change to what 70-90?

I just don't see red gaining ground in the near future, despite honest efforts from most of the community (besides the forum doomsday people). The reality is that Red99 needs help both playerside and from the devs. Hoping some more people can throw out decent ideas to kickstart the PvP Project 1999 community. The Red 99 server right now is just sorta festering. Too bad too, first couple weeks it was a lot of fun (minus the broken stuff).

Toehammer
05-05-2012, 12:13 AM
pop is all time low, rebounding but low

splitting it does NOTHING

creates a ghost server with no druid pals to help vs

play now, lvl now, get pals, win game.

seems like youve never played launch of anything, lifes hard out there dawwg

your reading comprehension is SO FRIGGIN BAD, my god...

A NEW SERVER WOULDN'T SPLIT THE POPULATION... wow, just wow you are dumb. People are already invested too much in their characters to all jump ship. You think Nihilum, FF, and others are going to just leave Red99, they are like 80% of the population.

I have played launch of 1998 EQ beta, 1999 EQ, all expansions up to PoP, and Red99 launch... go home.

And no, I play a mage (solo class) so life is pretty easy on Red99... it just isn't as fun as it could be. If you don't like my idea, that's cool, but illogical things like "derp will split server" gtfo.

Tombom
05-05-2012, 12:25 AM
your reading comprehension is SO FRIGGIN BAD, my god...

A NEW SERVER WOULDN'T SPLIT THE POPULATION... wow, just wow you are dumb. People are already invested too much in their characters to all jump ship. You think Nihilum, FF, and others are going to just leave Red99, they are like 80% of the population.

I have played launch of 1998 EQ beta, 1999 EQ, all expansions up to PoP, and Red99 launch... go home.

And no, I play a mage (solo class) so life is pretty easy on Red99... it just isn't as fun as it could be. If you don't like my idea, that's cool, but illogical things like "derp will split server" gtfo.

lost all credibility lawl, next

Toehammer
05-05-2012, 12:35 AM
lost all credibility lawl, next

/facepalm... this was all mildly entertaining, between the lawls and dawggs... oh well

you laugh at people who play solo classes like mage, but then what else is there to do on a sparsely populated server

i give up, you forum griefed me, you win

i was just really hoping you would have at least one valid point, just one

Tombom
05-05-2012, 01:05 AM
/facepalm... this was all mildly entertaining, between the lawls and dawggs... oh well

you laugh at people who play solo classes like mage, but then what else is there to do on a sparsely populated server

i give up, you forum griefed me, you win

i was just really hoping you would have at least one valid point, just one

bro i am a solo pally, get like me and do a man's job. There is nothing stopping you
from being 50 right now. but you know that big bad pally would smoke you 1v1
thats the trade off dawwggg

you are not looking for valid points but just to through another one out there,

2nd server is just a pussy way of wiping, rogean blessed be his name promised no wipes ever and so, your plan is gay and dum

Toehammer
05-05-2012, 01:20 AM
bro i am a solo pally, get like me and do a man's job. There is nothing stopping you

2nd server is just a pussy way of wiping, rogean blessed be his name promised no wipes ever and so, your plan is gay and dum

i am level 50, your whole point is invalid... oh no big bad paladin, your perceived wang length on the forums must be huge right now, haha challenging someone on the forums... oh silly tombom, grow up

it is not a "pussy way of wiping"... it is a potential way to save the server, just don't get it i guess

you can't teach stupid

yes, the server is gaining a little bit right now thanks to global ooc and new content, it could be so much more though

Tombom
05-05-2012, 01:23 AM
no wang length bro, just simple eq fact, pally smokes mage 1v1 every time. i am just implying that you are a tad jelly and perhaps regret your decision to lvl a dum gurly class.

THATS IT

that is why you want the new server! you want to start fresh as a melee and feel the
blood course to your small floppy underused loins, feel the ecstasy of a 2hander ploppin
down on a sitting caster and absolutly crushing them....

it all makes sense

Toehammer
05-05-2012, 01:31 AM
no wang length bro, just simple eq fact, pally smokes mage 1v1 every time. i am just implying that you are a tad jelly and perhaps regret your decision to lvl a dum gurly class.

THATS IT

that is why you want the new server! you want to start fresh as a melee and feel the
blood course to your small floppy underused loins, feel the ecstasy of a 2hander ploppin
down on a sitting caster and absolutly crushing them....

it all makes sense

in all honesty, i cannot actually tell which reply of yours is where you started trolling... well played

Tombom
05-05-2012, 01:33 AM
/hug,

see you in game pal

Sorath
05-05-2012, 02:30 AM
the prob with the eq community is its split up so much but the majority just complain,,,, lots of servers have come and gone all mostly due to people running them getting tired of suporting somthing for evil greedy bastard sons of satan.

Ladytron
05-05-2012, 07:02 AM
You would have to remove legacy from this fresh start or all hell would break loose,(prob why he said server split) great idea but cant be done as no one would agree to what I just said

Rydar
05-05-2012, 10:11 AM

Arent you still lvl 34 or something? You could not handle leveling up a paladin before you got flooded with twink items, druid PLs, constant buffs etc.

Gloins pussy ass , same situation, talks big and dont think he even broke 30, he should of rolled druid.

Only a few are hard core enough to do meele on a new server. All others (includeing yourself) are twinks who may as well rolled mages.

To the OP: from what I read you basically want non-pvp safe zones to level in? That is what you are saying right? With a "new" server to level up in that will be filled with maybe 10 or so characters leveling to avoid the twinks (like tombom lol) infesting red99 now. Its not gonna happen.

SamwiseRed
05-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Arent you still lvl 34 or something? You could not handle leveling up a paladin before you got flooded with twink items, druid PLs, constant buffs etc.

Gloins pussy ass , same situation, talks big and dont think he even broke 30, he should of rolled druid.

Only a few are hard core enough to do meele on a new server. All others (includeing yourself) are twinks who may as well rolled mages.

To the OP: from what I read you basically want non-pvp safe zones to level in? That is what you are saying right? With a "new" server to level up in that will be filled with maybe 10 or so characters leveling to avoid the twinks (like tombom lol) infesting red99 now. Its not gonna happen.

why you hatin on people that are playing on the server? you should be happy gloinz and tom back. please focus your hate on people who dont play or contribute to the server like me. come at me bro.

Toehammer
05-05-2012, 11:36 AM

No, all I suggested was launch a second PvP server, with things like global ooc, guard assist, better resist, no exploiting, all built in from the opening night. PvP is definitely in. It would be nice to be able to PvP at low to mid levels with a non-broken ruleset. My main concern isn't with twinks running around now. <100 population is the problem. I think you misunderstood the whole idea.

heartbrand
05-05-2012, 12:55 PM

This is a strong candidate for worst post of the year.

filthed5.0
05-05-2012, 12:56 PM

your opinion matters why?

Tombom
05-05-2012, 03:24 PM

hehehe so dum and so wrong. quit at 34 to focus on school and spend time with my super model girlfriend in LA westcoast lyfe is nice nigguh hard to find time for EQ
every item on my toon aside from my ghoulbane (which is ezpz camp at 35 you dingus) i have been present for the slaying and looting. You sound both mad and jelly but mostly jelly <3

hope things get beter for you!

your opinion matters why?

not only are you a try hard

you are a terrible player =D

filth filthed off the server
http://i.imgur.com/jOXpe.jpg

HarrisonStillPosting
05-05-2012, 04:14 PM

Remember when you fagged out and said you wouldn't be returning to the forums when you wrote your TL;DR whinefest of a quit post #2?

If you don't, I can pull up the quote.

Tombom
05-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Remember when you fagged out and said you wouldn't be returning to the forums when you wrote your TL;DR whinefest of a quit post #2?

If you don't, I can pull up the quote.

remember when you kept posting on forums of a game you failed at?

thinking you were trolling but really everyone was just laughing at how fat and mad you are?

TL;DR fat and mad

If you don't. I can pull up the quote,

HarrisonStillPosting
05-05-2012, 04:40 PM
I beat this game long before EQemu.

I beat EQemu long before you got here.

Tombom
05-05-2012, 05:06 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/16nlzc.jpg

SamwiseRed
05-05-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.animemegaverse.com/Images/Animations/Dragonball%20Z%20GT%20(123).gif

SamwiseRed
05-05-2012, 05:11 PM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/227/f/7/Vegeta_style_by_Freakazoid999.gif

Tombom
05-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Harrison prince of saiyans

SamwiseRed
05-05-2012, 05:13 PM
tom crushin bluebies

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvi8ql8Yot1qgaos0.gif

Tombom
05-05-2012, 05:25 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/qmz7z5.gif