PDA

View Full Version : Weird charm/flee behaviour

Brut
05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Kinda confused, not sure if this is a bug that oughta be reported or one of many delightful features. Earlier on was doing frenzied camp, and while both mobs (charmed bloodthirstied pet + the one other it was fighting) were at low hp, charm broke. Np, had the other one rooted, hit the pet with a Mesmerize and recharmed it.

Aaaaaand it thereafter ignored all my commands to attack the other frog, and once mez broke it started running away, as if it wasn't my pet at all, but an NPC at flee hp. And then proceeded to get ganked by wizzies that killed it. Is it supposed to work like this or is this a bug? Never seen this happen before.

NGHpnotiq
05-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes, I believe this is how it is supposed to work, when you charm something below the threshold of its Flee HP's it will flee until its either regen'd above or been healed. Never Charm something below 20%~ Health if it will flee normally, Just kill it.

I think this has something to do with the Code for NPC's, Its more then likely an oversight in the game code then anything else, but I believe a mob below its flee threshold gains a state that forces it to run and charming it does not change this state, think of it as a Negative Buff the mob gains when it drops to low health, Charming it doesn't cause it to lose the Negative Buff.