PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Item positions

Audacious93c
05-10-2010, 03:55 PM
The Lever is suppose to be able to go back and fourth in a "V" shape in Nagafens Lair (Sol B). Currently, it goes back and fourth in an "L" shape. This is the lever for the bridge in Fire Giants area.

Also, another incorrect item position is the lamp at the water in Halas is up about 2 feet higher than the ground. This is close to the zone out.

dali_lb
05-11-2010, 06:40 AM
It's what I would call "minor" graphical errors.

But I have one too that I'd like to add :)

The levers for the elevators in Kelethin worked slightly different on live than on the emu servers, so its propably a general emu problem, but anyways.
On live you just had to push the lever once, and it would eg. go down. you could afterwards spam the lever all you wanted, it wouldn't change direction before it hit either top or bottom. On the Emu servers, the lever have to be pushed down to go down, and pushed up to go up, and if someone comes on the top and pushes that lever, you can have a button war, who has the most stamina to keep preshing it, and the elevator will keep switching direction, untill one of you let the other win. Pretty annoying :D

Omnimorph
05-11-2010, 07:54 AM
It's what I would call "minor" graphical errors.

But I have one too that I'd like to add :)

The levers for the elevators in Kelethin worked slightly different on live than on the emu servers, so its propably a general emu problem, but anyways.
On live you just had to push the lever once, and it would eg. go down. you could afterwards spam the lever all you wanted, it wouldn't change direction before it hit either top or bottom. On the Emu servers, the lever have to be pushed down to go down, and pushed up to go up, and if someone comes on the top and pushes that lever, you can have a button war, who has the most stamina to keep preshing it, and the elevator will keep switching direction, untill one of you let the other win. Pretty annoying :D

Not sure how the code on the emu is different, but what happened on live was once a global object like that was clicked it had to complete whatever movement path it had. (elevator going from top to bottom etc.)

Also applies to doors on this server, on live you clicked on a door it would open and not close till it was fully opened and clicking it whilst opening did nothing. It seems that clicking on any object whilst it's moving will switch it. I've had numerous occasions trying to open a door for someone else to close it instantly, we usually do it 3 or 4 times too :p

If PoK ever gets released it'll be fun to trap people on the elevator in the library though :)

dali_lb
05-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Exactly.
And since its the same on other emu servers I've tried, it seems like a serverside issue.

It propably aint a bug, but more a design choice .. "working as intended" as SoE would'hve put it. It's just not as it works on Live servers :p

There also are several stuck npc spawn errors around the server. The one that made me laugh is the one just nw off the Inn in WC, that mostly spawn Either A Kodiak, Hill Giant or Griffon, and don't even follow you. Used it to down my hp fast ... move out of reach and then bind wound .. untill i got finnished in 1 round.. :p

Uthgaard
09-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Bumping this to look into later.