PDA

View Full Version : Hey bros

Thec
04-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey bros,

I quit playing blue about a year ago. I decided after the most recent patch to give red a try. I've never played on a PvP server before, but I played EQ from 1999 - 2001.

From what I understand, most of you have been playing together for years now, jumping from box to box when necessary. Is there any chance of me breaking in?

I rolled a rogue, was that just a terrible idea? I've spent the last couple of days leveling in Steamfont. I've only seen two people, both much higher level than I, but they were helpful with buffs.

The solo Rogue life is rough though bros, I need some friends.

I would also like one of you PvP champs to maybe take me under the wing. From reading on these forums, yall are playing a different game. You use shit I've never even heard of, and you use it regularly.

Anyway, I'm willing to put in the time for grinding, and willing to melee dps stuff, I'm just having a hard time getting started.

P.S. I just blew my only 10 plat on a set of leather that was too large for my poor gnome. :eek:

My name in-game is Menion, hit me up. Kill me, PL me, give me some fucking leather armor.

Tassador
04-26-2012, 11:24 AM
R99 is like prison either you go with a racist crew or you crap yourself everyday so you wont get taking advantage of. good luck sir sharpen up that oral b.

Hovis
04-26-2012, 11:52 AM
send goontwo a tell in game and ill try to help you out (not on rn -- later on today i should be)

ps - rolling a rogue as your first character - esp never have played a pvp server before will probably make you quit =/

Thec
04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
My second choice would be a Cleric ... is this more/less viable? I played a Cleric on live way back when, I think I could prolly do it again.

I like Rogues though, so that is unfortunate. Better to re-roll now than quit in a few days though.

Dullah
04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Ya, rogue is a great second character until kunark when the pop would support leveling again as a melee.

If you can find friends quick in game or on forums to level with, go for it. Otherwise, you may just want to level that cleric. They are very viable as you can solo decently and always welcomed by groups (if you find one in existence at lower lvls).

Thec
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Dropped the rogue, rolled a cleric. Name is Uwki, I'll be chasing shit down in BB all day.

heartbrand
04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
$5 uwki is in nihilim within a month

lethdar
04-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Laughing at the thought of a solo cleric dealing with mobs bolting at sow speed in blackburrow.

Thec
04-26-2012, 12:59 PM
I've lurked these forums for a few months now ... NOT joining Nihilum. Also, the whole running at sow speed is not a laughing matter ... come pl me.

Truth
04-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Laughing at the thought of a solo cleric dealing with mobs bolting at sow speed in blackburrow.

SamwiseRed
04-26-2012, 02:01 PM

Bluecross/Basiah soloed with Cleric like a fuckin baws. If you got questions he would be the one to ask. Buy lots of RL rations, goto Unrest and poopsock for a week or two :D

Dullah
04-27-2012, 01:36 AM
I've lurked these forums for a few months now ... NOT joining Nihilum. Also, the whole running at sow speed is not a laughing matter ... come pl me.

^hasn't lurked forums or would know Nihilum is only good thing going on r99. Don't get peer pressured into joining some self proclaimed pvp masters just to get rolled day in and out.

Kaino
04-27-2012, 01:42 AM
^hasn't lurked forums or would know Nihilum is only good thing going on r99. Don't get peer pressured into joining some self proclaimed pvp masters just to get rolled day in and out.

Yup, you can join 75% of the other 50s on the server who log on for 2 hours a day to raid planes with 30+ then log off to avoid pvp.

LIVE THE DREAM BRO

Dullah
04-27-2012, 01:45 AM
The 70% could quit like everyone they beat when they were only 30% of the 50s.

Pro tip: don't burn your bridges.

heartbrand
04-27-2012, 01:47 AM
I know it's late, but I've read ^ post 6 times now and still not sure I'm understanding what you're saying.

Thec
04-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Just to clarify, I'm not trying to talk down on Nihilum, but I think they have enough members to do whatever they want right now. Why would I join that? Where is the fun?

Don't you guys want competition? It won't happen if everyone joins Nihilum.

Labanen
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Excellent choice on making a cleric, solos really well, especially when you grow a few levels and can start taking on undeads instead of orcs.

Rogues are tons of fun, but you ll die trying to get midlevels groups unless you can make some friends and have a solid team that levels together.

Welcome to the server

Dubee
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
come to the unrest area I need a cleric partner!