PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Unrest etc

lyyfeleech
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Couple things.

1) Undead should not aggro you regardless of level difference. Like other mobs undead stop attacking once green enough.

2)This make not make people happy as it causes a trainy zone to be worse but mobs did run in unrest...undead or not.

3) There are 2 spawns missing in ghoul magi room. One on each side of the wall across from stairs that lead to him.Normal spawns for that level.

4) Items dropping that possibly should not be? 1.Bone Barbs 2.ghoul carrion....not sure on either of these items.

Will post more as I learn.

thrawnseg
11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Pretty sure in classis, undead didn't care what level you were. I remember being 50 and still getting attacked by decaying skeletons.

Morfnblorsh
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Ghoul Carrion drops. Saw it last weekend.

FatMagic
11-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Pretty sure in classis, undead didn't care what level you were. I remember being 50 and still getting attacked by decaying skeletons.

Aye, I remember always laughing at the Decaying Skele's jumping me no matter what level I was... and my Earth Ele trouncing them with one flick.

messiah_b
11-09-2009, 03:56 PM
In Classic, true undead remained kos to player regardless of level. Even at 50 if you walked on top of a decaying it would start attacking you same with dry bones in oasis. The aggro radius should lower gradually as you get higher level, but they will always attack if you go nose to nose with them. This allows you to move a bit more freely around the house at a higher level and cause less brutal trains which is what you might be thinking of.

Could you be more specific with the mobs that are having this issue? Anything that is alive, such as death beetles in UR or plague rats in Bef should 'grey out' and no longer attack at a certain level discrepancy.

Both bone barbs and ghoul carrion dropped in classic, but I distinctly remember leaving the carrion to rot because it was worthless.

Fisz33
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Everything listed here is working as it did back in the day.

Undead attack you reguardless of level. My lvl 50 shaman was still attacked by silly skeletons outside Halas and any other area I would travel to where undead could be found back in the day.

PS. Welcome to unrest. Trains are a part of the zone. Just wait until you enter a place called, Karnor's Castle in Kunark. You will be learned in the ways of the train!

The ghoul carrion and bone barbs are for the totemic armor, shaman quests. As this is not exactly an expansion pack feature, and it was not part of the classic eq, it was implemented in a patch about 6 months after EQ went live. Along with many other quests and items.

A lot of people are forgetting those silly little freebie patches they used to stuff in there as the game moved along. None of which were considered an exp. pack.

Example, when they added the oriental area with the kerrans. This was a freebie. It was not part of any official exp pack. Just came in as you tried to log on. The patcher would be patching as patchers do!

lyyfeleech
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
The reason I say this(and maybe it was changed) is that i spent a ton of time in unrest with a cleric back in 1999. Was a perfect zone for a solo cleric. I used to pull mobs from the basement to the yard and fear them....this would not have been possible if i had tormented dead by the dozens jumping me. I remember that it took like 4 extra lvls before the ghouls in the yard stopped aggroing me/assisting what i was killing.

This isnt something I misremember...i solod to 40 in unrest as a cleric in 1999.

messiah_b
11-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Just as a thought, unrest was packed back then and there is a lot less trash when 2-3 groups of teens are camping the yard.

lyyfeleech
11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I took that into consideration as well, but many late night and mornings i was alone there and I promise you this was the case. In fact by looking at everyone's posts is it possible that only skeletons were always kos? There are no skeletons in yard in unrest...just zombie types and ghouls. I dunno and I am not trying to get anyone angry or anything. Just been posting things i remember differently in order to help.

PS...when we gonna get the last bunch of fixes patched? =)

Serena
11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
There are greater skeletons in the yard, and also the creepy jack-o-lantern things

Morfnblorsh
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
The jackolanterns were always in the yard. In fact they were my favorite thing of all to fight in Unrest. I'd risk my life and the lives of everyone in my group to pull one before someone else did.

The Greater Skeletons however... I don't remember those spawning in the yard. Not really a complaint, I just absolutely don't recall them spawning there.

lyyfeleech
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Jack o lanterns were always in the yard from day 1 in live. Don't ever remember seeing a skeleton in the yard. I also think we may have hit on something here. It is quite possible that most of the people in this thread are correct. I believe it may have been in classic that ALL skellis would attack you regardless of level and that other undead did not. Perhaps this needs looking into, or perhaps the devs have bigger fish to fry atm. Either way the server has been out a month not gonna worry about it much for now. I see threads getting fixed by devs each day.(wish the patches would come a bit faster tho so I could actually benefit from the changes I have proposed/had corrected/brought to the devs attention.
As always kudos to the devs for this server and their commitment.

Lyyfeleech

Morfnblorsh
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I can tell you right now, messiah_b already nailed it. That is exactly how I remember things too.

Undead would always attack you, but as you out-leveled them the aggro radius would decrease dramatically. You'd literally have to be "nose to nose" with them to get them to attack you at some point, but they'd never miss an opportunity if one was presented.

This is exactly the way I remember it.

messiah_b
11-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes although it may be affected by class / diety, but I am very certain of the reduced radius-always kos for Dru / Pri / Pal. Not certain how it would work for say necro / SK.

This applied to at least skellies, zombies, mummies, and ghouls outdoors globally with the agro radius reduction...can't confirm other undead dungeons like lguk. But yeah if you happened to run over any of these while going through Ro / Oasis it could aggro you.

sow / lag also had something to do with it as you may be in range for such a small time it missed its check time and ignores you.

You are correct on magi room it had 4 spawn points. 2 on the house outside wall, the magi PH, and then I can't remember if the last one was under the magi loft or opposite the magi ph on top of the loft over the door but it was there.

GSkel's were possible in the yard but usually they were 1st floor house spawns on paths from inside to outside. One from the porch door and one from the back door would walk out into the yard and chillax for a bit. I am thinking that they were actually on the yard trash tables but at like 5% rate or something like that.

Gawd I spent too much time pulling in unrest.

Morfnblorsh
11-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I remember Sebillis and Lower Guk aggroing me at level 65+ if I got close enough, but it had to be VERY close.