PDA

View Full Version : RIP P99

teekanc
04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/gravestone/tombstone.swf" FlashVars="h1=Oct. '08-May '12&h2=Project 1999*'The Mobs Are*Too Damn Fast!'&h1x=21.9&h1y=160.25&h2x=70.9&h2y=88.55&sym=3&dom=http://www.satisfaction.com/gravestone/" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="390" height="305" name="Tombstone" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.satisfaction.com/gravestone/">Gravestone Generator</a></center>

Awwalike
04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
don't like server? insta-ban.

Bwils
04-22-2012, 06:07 PM
ha that is funny.

Bwils
04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Are they going to fix the flee run speed or they planning on leaving it that fast?

Swish
04-22-2012, 06:30 PM
I like their new found urgency :)

Sickle
04-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Rangers and druids just got useful again...

Lickum
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
LoL, I totally thought this was going to be a thread about 1 guild pretty much killing everything even on full server repop. Guess the idea of getting rid of the variance wouldn't matter so much :confused:

fischsemmel
04-22-2012, 07:55 PM
LoL, I totally thought this was going to be a thread about 1 guild pretty much killing everything even on full server repop. Guess the idea of getting rid of the variance wouldn't matter so much :confused:

I thought it'd be about that too, Lickum :)

The other guilds were close to killing things, though, as I understand it. BDA was moments away from pulling Maestro when TMO grabbed him. VD had dracoliche down under 5% when their train of fear returned to their camp. Not getting those kills were setbacks that really worsened the odds of getting anything else quickly, because of needing to CR and/or relocate and such.

Imo it was silly for these guilds to head to hate and fear instead of going after Tal, Sev, and Fay. You don't need to clear trash or manage gigantic trains or cope with deathtouches with those outdoor dragons, but they still cough up great stuff like RBBs and cloaks of flame and whatnot.

Kevlar
04-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Didn't they get Gore? Taken and another guild had about 40 peeps in Dreadlands as soon as the server came up.

Nagash
04-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Imo it was silly for these guilds to head to hate and fear instead of going after Tal, Sev, and Fay. You don't need to clear trash or manage gigantic trains or cope with deathtouches with those outdoor dragons, but they still cough up great stuff like RBBs and cloaks of flame and whatnot.

Maybe there's more loot to be had from clearing one plane than from killing one dragon?

Slave
04-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I thought it'd be about that too, Lickum :)

Epics come first.

Wolfleader
04-22-2012, 09:36 PM
lol TMO can't even read a post about broken game mechanics without trying to turn it into some sort of self congratulatory circle jerk that noone else gives a shit about. Well since you dildos just need someone to pat you on the back here goes. Congrats TMO!!!! Maybe one day you pole smokers will leave your mom's basement long enough to feel a real titty.

Jimes
04-22-2012, 09:39 PM
lol TMO can't even read a post about broken game mechanics without trying to turn it into some sort of self congratulatory circle jerk that noone else gives a shit about. Well since you dildos just need someone to pat you on the back here goes. Congrats TMO!!!! Maybe one day you pole smokers will leave your mom's basement long enough to feel a real titty.

"No one cares/I don't care."

We all know what that really means.

fischsemmel
04-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Didn't they get Gore? Taken and another guild had about 40 peeps in Dreadlands as soon as the server came up.

Not sure. I heard there was at least one attempt at Gore, but I don't know if it was successful.

Maybe there's more loot to be had from clearing one plane than from killing one dragon?

There definitely is. I guess I assumed that guilds were in repopped planes for the bosses though, not for full clears. Maybe I was wrong.

Epics come first.

Epics are awesome, for sure. I'm a bird in the hand kind of guy though.

I'd post something coherent, but it would just fall on deaf ears because u mad.

DevGrousis
04-22-2012, 10:40 PM
so..does anyone actually want to talk about whether or not they are going to fix run speed? lol

Raden
04-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I haven't been on yet, how fast are mobs booking it?

GreenGear
04-23-2012, 03:44 AM
I haven't been on yet, how fast are mobs booking it?
Stupidly fast. Like at 25% they start running at full speed. It's horribly, HORRIBLY annoying. And it may actually force me to stop playing. It throws a wrench in all of my expectations. I could easy die fivefold as much as I already do now because of it.

teekanc
04-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Stupidly fast. Like at 25% they start running at full speed. It's horribly, HORRIBLY annoying. And it may actually force me to stop playing. It throws a wrench in all of my expectations. I could easy die fivefold as much as I already do now because of it.

Dungeons are out.

Plains are in.

Rerolling druid.

webrunner5
04-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I guess I will start playing my Ranger again lol. Mobs run fast as hell. No doubt. I haven't tried Ensnare yet, but I would bet they still move pretty fast even snared.

Scavrefamn
04-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Rerolling druid.

I was under the impression that at least 30% of the server was already the Druid class.

More druids = gg.

Faisca
04-23-2012, 12:12 PM
P22 is killing P99.

GreenGear
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I've died 5+ times now directly because of it. Had to zone for avoiding surely impending death 15+ other times. I run a tight ship when I'm hunting shit, and this has me at a loss. There are risks I can't possibly prepare for. This fleeing shit is a total x-factor. What could a nuclear missile silo possibly do if Nightcrawler went apeshit?

In a tight crawly space like Highkeep, if my mobs (Goblins or Guards, I've had trouble with BOTH) start fleeing and they catch on their track towards other trainable mobs right away? I'm fucked. The window of me nuking them to death before that happens is extremely small. I have to run ahead of them, stop, pause for a second so I'm sure the spell won't think I moved, wait the 4 seconds of casting, and then PRAY the blindspot detection isn't bending me over a table. But all of THAT varies on which direction they decided to book it towards to begin with. Total russian roulette.

Sure these were problems before, but it's my MAIN cause of concern now. Not whether or not I'm able to take this mob. But whether it's likely this game of flee-pinball will cause a horrific trainwreck. This wasn't so scientific before. This isn't challenging, this is frustrating. I was set in my ways. My mind agreed to a particular field of rules, and some of those rules are catastrophic if changed.

If this change was deliberate, for the love of god, revert it. It causes a feeling of anguish and fear that I know I don't remember about Live. If I did remember that about Live, I wouldn't have given p99 a shot.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/009/4/d/giygas_by_davidsonvroom-d2t2p9f.jpg

You cannot grasp the true flaw of this patch.

Teddie1056
04-23-2012, 01:16 PM

VD actually went over Fay, but TMO went for it at the same time. It makes sense if you think about it. Without attempting the mob we decided to go after, they get all of the mobs but one. If they do follow us, then they get all the mobs.

fadetree
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Patch went in last night to fix the turbo attack and selos speed flee issues.

You're playing a free version of an emulation of a 12 year old game. The stated purpose of this server to to emulate exactly the 'classic' expeience. If you think that this change is *NOT* classic, and in fact is 'broken' in that sense, gather research and show it to the devs that they did something wrong. Drama is fail. Facts are win. Or, adapt. If you cannot or are unwilling to adapt, go play something else.

GreenGear
04-23-2012, 01:25 PM

You're playing a free version of an emulation of a 12 year old game. The stated purpose of this server to to emulate exactly the 'classic' expeience. If you think that this change is *NOT* classic, and in fact is 'broken' in that sense, gather research and show it to the devs that they did something wrong. Drama is fail. Facts are win. Or, adapt. If you cannot or are unwilling to adapt, go play something else.
I just explained to you in succinct detail why adapting is not the option you pretend it is. It's a flaw that planning can't account for. It makes the game thoroughly frustrating to play. Stop kissing up to the powers that be and read the post again, jackass.

teekanc
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoMifxZT58Lcg61AF7bjrx01wBZpPT1 2APNk-LlVbMmeiU6Net

Glasken
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
If this change was deliberate, for the love of god, revert it.

You cannot grasp the true flaw of this patch.

+9001

Why this was even implemented I have no idea. Let the undead frogs run.

Also, that emergency patch to fix the mob run speed, has not fixed the run speed.

fadetree
04-23-2012, 02:07 PM
I just explained to you in succinct detail why adapting is not the option you pretend it is. It's a flaw that planning can't account for. It makes the game thoroughly frustrating to play. Stop kissing up to the powers that be and read the post again, jackass.

lol, Irony ftw.

teekanc
04-23-2012, 02:09 PM
lol, Irony ftw.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoMifxZT58Lcg61AF7bjrx01wBZpPT1 2APNk-LlVbMmeiU6Net

Ecco
04-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Dungeons are out.

Plains are in.

Rerolling druid.

Why don't you just kill yourself now. Fucking Maiden. Fucking druids.

Turp
04-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I haven't been on yet, how fast are mobs booking it? in sol b we ran 4 pet classes just to keep up (no human could safely), keeping all mobs snared does not mean shit ,i seen a necro darked kobold take off at the speed of light at 15% hp an run faster than a bard while snared. Train city

seaweedpimpz
04-23-2012, 06:02 PM
so..does anyone actually want to talk about whether or not they are going to fix run speed? lol

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j438/Sskape1/niccannon.jpg

Acrux Bcrux
04-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I've died 5+ times now directly because of it. Had to zone for avoiding surely impending death 15+ other times

People like this make me laugh. Do you really think that they would leave the server like this? C'mon now. After maybe the second death dont you think you should have just logged out and wait it out for a day or two rather than keep trying and getting your ass handed to you multiple times and then crying about it? Im not trying to single you out but i see these posts from so many people its stupid. Put the keyboard down for 2 days and go get some fresh air, it wont kill you.

seaweedpimpz
04-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey all you stupid fucks out there that havent figured this out...

I havent played since the patch, but try this..

Mob gets to 40 %, snare , when it starts to run, fear it. It should slow down more than just with snare.

teekanc
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Hey all you stupid fucks out there that havent figured this out...

I havent played since the patch, but try this..

Mob gets to 40 %, snare , when it starts to run, fear it. It should slow down more than just with snare.

When you pull your head out of your ass, i'll pull a warrior with snare and fear out of mine.

seaweedpimpz
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Well soloing in a dungeon as a warrior, pretty skrewed anyway.

PS warriors have weapons that snare and fear, if youre that good!

muttonchops
04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/30/humanresources.jpg

Klyre
04-23-2012, 06:40 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/30/humanresources.jpg

That is the Funniest thing I have ever read on P99
(That's the Fu**ing Bomb)

Ecco
04-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't think you understand.

Tulvinous
04-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Reverse in zone training, let the fleeing mob do the work for you... a monks wet dream!

The best part is watching the mobs path back a different route, makes for good entertainment.

seaweedpimpz
04-23-2012, 06:44 PM

I know more about eq mechanics and anyone in the universe. Dont doubt me.

Swish
04-23-2012, 07:08 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-calibrate-stabilizers.png

Danyelle
04-23-2012, 08:17 PM
(That's the Fu**ing Bomb)

This post is enjoyable.

Asher
04-23-2012, 08:26 PM
PS warriors have weapons that snare and fear, if youre that good!

Which warrior weapon procs fear again?

Asher

seaweedpimpz
04-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Polished Obsidian Great Axe
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 48
DMG: 33
DEX: -10 AGI: -10 HP: +50
Effect: Invoke Fear (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 40
WT: 10.0 Size: LARGE
Class: WAR SHD
Race: ALL

seaweedpimpz
04-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Ill admit, i was sort of joking when i said that, theres no way you could land snares and fears consistently.

Sularys
04-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Lol! A weapon that procs at 40 does NOTHING for anyone lower level who doesn't have the ability to snare/root. Run speed wasn't this ridiculous in live, they need to adjust it back.

GreenGear
04-24-2012, 03:42 AM
People like this make me laugh. Do you really think that they would leave the server like this? C'mon now. After maybe the second death dont you think you should have just logged out and wait it out for a day or two rather than keep trying and getting your ass handed to you multiple times and then crying about it? Im not trying to single you out but i see these posts from so many people its stupid. Put the keyboard down for 2 days and go get some fresh air, it wont kill you.
Stick your foot in your mouth.

Wolfleader
04-24-2012, 09:42 AM

People like you make me wanna punch your face through your fartbox.

fischsemmel
04-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Wonder how many people are out there with necros/enchanters/bards getting silly, silly xp right now thanks to mobs that can beat each other to 3% hp in a matter of seconds.

GreenGear
04-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Wonder how many people are out there with necros/enchanters/bards getting silly, silly xp right now thanks to mobs that can beat each other to 3% hp in a matter of seconds.
Well it's been no picnic for us mages.

Haldour
04-24-2012, 10:08 AM
What is driving me crazy isn't the run speed or the early run, its the absurd and erratic trajectory changes. I'm farming skins and silks, and when the mobs run they take off in one dirrection, and immediatly run off the other way, followed by what appears to be teleportation 20 yards in a new direction, all within one combat round. I know you had tight on a mobs ass when it was fleeing but I don't remember this infuriating inability to chase down anything

Arteker
04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Ill admit, i was sort of joking when i said that, theres no way you could land snares and fears consistently.

thats why bards are now wet, snare+slow in a single toon, maybe they now can find grps post 55+

fischsemmel
04-24-2012, 10:56 AM
thats why bards are now wet, snare+slow in a single toon, maybe they now can find grps post 55+

Yeah, a snare/slow that just pisses off anyone else who can snare, that doesn't stick if a chanter or shaman slowed (hell, it won't even stick over top of some procced slows), that has threat like disease cloud, and that won't stack with root.

nichomachean
04-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah, a snare/slow that just pisses off anyone else who can snare, that doesn't stick if a chanter or shaman slowed (hell, it won't even stick over top of some procced slows), that has threat like disease cloud, and that won't stack with root.

fischsemmel
04-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Not to say that bardsnare doesn't have its uses. But damn.

Sithel1988
04-24-2012, 08:15 PM
i kinda like the idea of druids and maybe other classes becoming more useful now. even though i dont want to be a druid. only thing i have experienced so far is blackburrow mobs running away at like 15%. its not that bad, at least till i get my new armor to my new barb warrior

Sithel1988
04-24-2012, 08:16 PM
What is driving me crazy isn't the run speed or the early run, its the absurd and erratic trajectory changes. I'm farming skins and silks, and when the mobs run they take off in one dirrection, and immediatly run off the other way, followed by what appears to be teleportation 20 yards in a new direction, all within one combat round. I know you had tight on a mobs ass when it was fleeing but I don't remember this infuriating inability to chase down anything

thats another thing ive seen. the gnoll starts running away and changes direction instantly before i even get a hit on it. which is why i would like a rooter in my group now lol.

Malrubius
04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
thats another thing ive seen. the gnoll starts running away and changes direction instantly before i even get a hit on it. which is why i would like a rooter in my group now lol.

I've noticed this too. Awfully annoying when trying to fear kite. Not too worried about it since it sounds like a fix is in the works.

kaev
04-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Not gonna join the chorus of complaints here. Last couple days feels a lot more like EQ used to. Been wondering why the runners were so damned tame.

Alternatives are pretty simple, suck it up and group with one of Ranger/SK/Druid/Necro, live with the inferiority of root, or continue to fail and whine about it on the forums.

Danyelle
04-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Not gonna join the chorus of complaints here. Last couple days feels a lot more like EQ used to. Been wondering why the runners were so damned tame.

Alternatives are pretty simple, suck it up and group with one of Ranger/SK/Druid/Necro, live with the inferiority of root, or continue to fail and whine about it on the forums.

Then don't reply at all. Complaining about complainers is still adding a complaint to a 'chorus of complaints'.

kaev
04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey Danyelle, Ima let you finish but reading comprehension is way way underrated, you should try it sometime.