PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Tint of Ravenscale/Blackened Iron

Brund the Decrepit
05-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I am not sure if this is actually a bug or not so please disregard if it is not.

On my Dwarf Rogue both Blackened Iron and Ravenscale armor looks like rusty chain. The BI crown has a nice black tint but it is the only piece that has this tint. I cannot remember if the live version had an actual black tint (I thought I remember it being an actual black) but it is kind of nasty looking the way it is.

It would be nice if they really were 'black'.
I can post screenshots if needed.

Pyrocat
05-09-2010, 01:55 AM
I feel like Ravenscale is not as black as it should be, but that could just be hazy memories.

Hasbinbad
05-09-2010, 02:21 AM
It's definitely not. Neither is Woven Shadow. In fact, all armors have screwed up colors. It's because of the UI, and it sucks ass, because everyone I have bitched about it to says it's unfixable.

Sigh.

Brund the Decrepit
05-09-2010, 03:43 AM
It's definitely not. Neither is Woven Shadow. In fact, all armors have screwed up colors. It's because of the UI, and it sucks ass, because everyone I have bitched about it to says it's unfixable.

Sigh.

Mother of God! :(

Pyrocat
05-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Woven Shadow looks downright teal.

Mmohunter
05-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I have found that the problem with colors looking off on P99 is due to light sources. If you remove all light sources, the colors look true to classic. Once you apply a light source ie: Greater Light Stone, Paw of Opolla, Darkwood Shield, etc. etc. etc, the colors seem to be tinted more "yellow" and appear "off"

I've noticed this with Mithril, Crafted, Rubicite, Bronze especially.

Try this for yourself and you'll see!

doacleric
05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Pretty sure this has to do with the way the client renders the colors, and more specifically, mixes the colors with different light sources. The tints for all armors in game are represented by a simple RGB number scale. The colors in the DB appear to be correct, but like Mmohunter said, depending on the light sources around, the color might appear off. I've seen bronze armor look like rust one day, and like gold the other day. Not sure why, but there isn't much we can do...

Ektar
05-09-2010, 09:47 PM
It's not just your equipped light source. I've slipped on my valorium gown with soulfire in-hand and have had it a brilliant blue, and a dull gray. It has to do with surrounding light sources (perhaps including your own) and/or other surrounding elements.

Mmohunter
05-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Pretty sure this has to do with the way the client renders the colors, and more specifically, mixes the colors with different light sources. The tints for all armors in game are represented by a simple RGB number scale. The colors in the DB appear to be correct, but like Mmohunter said, depending on the light sources around, the color might appear off. I've seen bronze armor look like rust one day, and like gold the other day. Not sure why, but there isn't much we can do...

Just curious, is there anyway to alter the light source coding? Perhaps the wrong values were entered for the respective light sources.

Dantes
05-10-2010, 12:41 PM
For some reason I'm getting deja vu here. I think this same issue existed in live, and the light source was the cause there as well. Were the wrong values entered, or is this actually how it was? I never played a rogue but I seem to remember a friend who did complained about this same issue.