PDA

View Full Version : Bard gear?

wasp23
04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
i just started playing a bard not to long ago. Was just wondering what gear i should start getting for my toon? I dont need end game gear just good gear from lvl 10-50.

wasp23
04-19-2012, 12:48 PM
or in other words what would you guys buy on gear if u had like 10-30k plat? just trying to get an idea on what i need to save for and keep an eye out for.

fischsemmel
04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
You can quite literally AE kite to level a bard 1-50, entirely naked, without even using instruments, and it would still be faster than any class could go 1-50 short of twinking with fungi+fungus staff or being power leveled.

If that's not good enough for you, you could spend like 5pp on a merchant-bought drum, lute, and horn.

If you insist on spending money (or you refuse to level by ae kiting), get a fancier drum first then buy budget dex/cha/hp/ac/str gear (like treeweave, 5/55 rings, crafted dex/cha face+rings, etc.) and some fast weapons and spend a bit of time fear kiting or grouping or whatever so your melee skills aren't all at 30 when you get up to 50.

Edit - depending on your method of ae kiting, you might want to spring for a jboot MQ so you have a consistent speed to work with and get used to as you AE.

wasp23
04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
thanks Fisch. Well i prefer AE kiting but i also like to take a break from that and grp with people. Now i know the main stats i need as a bard so il keep an eye out for some gear.

Adrieth
04-20-2012, 08:49 AM
With 30k, I'd invest in Mystic Koada'Dal armor. You can probably get a set for around that number. Grab another 10k to get some decent weapons in case you really end up wanting to group. Otherwise, cheap guild instruments ;)

wasp23
04-20-2012, 10:56 AM
ok Mystic Koada Armor...im far away from 30k but maybe i can get one or two pieces :D. Would that armor be good until lvl 60? or would i have to upgrade again soon anyways?

Deverell
04-21-2012, 10:41 AM
The koala armor is fine until 60, all pieces except chest are better than planar, and all except chest and legs are better than singing steel (unless you're really into AC) so this is fully viable endgame armor. If you could only afford a couple of pieces, though, I'd spend the money on other things instead. Get a set of lambent, mistmoore drums and gypsy lute, sionachie's partisan and some decent off-hand like sarnak skullsplitter, 5/55 rings and maybe a hooded black cloak if you can afford that. Gear isn't that super important for a bard anyway, it's more about getting the crucial things like extra hp, good instruments and decent weapons. The rest is just icing on the cake and rarely even gets put to use. You could play a bard to 60 in banded armor and the difference would probably not be visible to others.

Lazortag
04-21-2012, 01:52 PM
The planar legs and boots are definitely better than the Koada legs/boots. The rest of the planar armor is kind of meh though, and the koada armor is about equal. But like you said, gear isn't that important for Bards.