PDA

View Full Version : Splitpaw

Takshaka
11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I remember that Splitpaw was changed some time after release, but before Kunark came out. (at least I think it was like this) I never visited Splitpaw until after the change and I have been trying to find information on Splitpaw pre-change, but I have been unsuccessful. I think that splitpaw was changed to be slightly higher level and given better loot or something like that.

Is the current Splitpaw pre-change, or is it post change. Or am I dreaming up this entire thing and there was in fact no change to Splitpaw ever? If it is pre-change can anyone tell me the level range and some loot?

btw, I checked the earliest available allakhazam on the way back machine and that showed what appeared to be post-change splitpaw data.

Tollen
11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
splitpaw on live is a lvl 65+ zone don't if there was any other change

Takshaka
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
holy crap it is 65+ now? Maybe that is the change I am thinking of. I hadnt played EQ since 2001 one though. I could have sworn that there was a change pretty early on, maybe that is just a memory that I created after hearing some of my friends talk about it who played live up until somewhat recently.

Boomlaor
11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah, it was originally a low teens dungeon, then it was upgraded to a lvl 30ish dungeon, then to the 65+ it now is on Live.

Morfnblorsh
11-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Are you sure it's permanently that way? I remember it having both "Fabled" versions as well as "Darkened" versions. Are you sure the original, classic Splitpaw is now permanently a level 65 zone?

The Darkened version of the zone was supposed to be similar to the Fabled anniversary event, but was supposed to be a temporary change. Are you sure it's now permanently level 65?

Tollen
11-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Are you sure it's permanently that way? I remember it having both "Fabled" versions as well as "Darkened" versions. Are you sure the original, classic Splitpaw is now permanently a level 65 zone?

The Darkened version of the zone was supposed to be similar to the Fabled anniversary event, but was supposed to be a temporary change. Are you sure it's now permanently level 65?

was when i last played on live, but that was right after the change, in 2006 i think.

Morfnblorsh
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Yea, just did some research. Apparently Splitpaw and Mistmoore were retooled for level 60+. How sad.

Good thing there's project 1999!

Oh, and about the "darkened" versions of zones I was talking about - I was thinking of Blackburrow and Lower Guk. My mistake.

Pyrocat
11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah, it was originally a low teens dungeon, then it was upgraded to a lvl 30ish dungeon, then to the 65+ it now is on Live.

I think this is correct. It's currently a level 30ish dungeon because the devs couldn't find any reliable information on when it was a teens dungeon.

Xzerion
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Yeah we couldnt find any info on the teens version, so we went with the 30ish version since thats what most everyone was familiar with and there was tons of info out there on it.

Reiker
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Original Splitpaw was like Blackburrow, way out in South Karana. No one ever hunted there because... well, what level 12 is gonna run out to South Karana?

It as quickly changed to a more appropriate level 25+ dungeon. I never even saw the original low level version, myself.

On live, a few years ago, they changed Splitpaw once again. The lore was that The Ishva Mal (I think) attempted to summon powerful demons and elementals to her aid so that she could become a super powerful Gnoll sorceress... however, the plan backfired as the elementals poured into Splitpaw through the portal she opened, slaying all the gnolls. So if you go to Splitpaw today, it's a 65+ dungeon full of elementals.

Takshaka
11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
On live, a few years ago, they changed Splitpaw once again. The lore was that The Ishva Mal (I think) attempted to summon powerful demons and elementals to her aid so that she could become a super powerful Gnoll sorceress... however, the plan backfired as the elementals poured into Splitpaw through the portal she opened, slaying all the gnolls. So if you go to Splitpaw today, it's a 65+ dungeon full of elementals.

heh, that is some decent lore. Although she wouldnt have actually been very powerful even if she had succeeded. As soon as she zoned out of her little dungeon home all her summoned pets would have gone *poof*.

Morfnblorsh
11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Actually, it was the Son of the Ishva Mal who did this. He wanted to overthrow the leader because he felt Ishva wasn't ambitious enough. Ishva responded with a "F U" and cut off his hand, so he got mad and formed a secret society with the goal of usurping the throne. He learned magic from members of this society and read books from afar to perfect his craft. When the time came he was too hasty (cliche!) and yadda yadda yadda you know the rest.